Oh wowzerz 10/10 amazing

2 Likes

Preview of the interior

12 Likes

yass hot damn sis

4 Likes

I love you @NWSpacek

3 Likes

Right, so I travelled along the tracks using the temporary “train”, and I found that even going 30 SPS all the way is not enough room for the railway crossings to effectively alert anyone, as they close just before or as I’ve travelled through the crossing. Is there some way to sort this?

3 Likes

it will probably be tweaked in the future, those where probably there to get the point across

3 Likes

Since I haven’t posted it here yet,

@airplane1221 @14OTH @Murphystem @Skyewatch_RBLX

6 Likes

The crossing sensors will be adjusted for the speed limit of the train and pre-empts will be installed to hold the train at stations while the crossings activate.

4 Likes

Doing a great job. Smart thinking and developing.

3 Likes

LOL that’s EPIC

3 Likes

Initial control system written and sounds

13 Likes

so hot

3 Likes

should make it so that the trains can automatically detect the next station.

and let the train drivers have some sort of pa system

3 Likes

The system is complete enough to allow people to try it out. Only PC can control the train for the time being.

Controls:
W: notch up
S: notch down
Q: horn
E: bell
J: Emergency

When you notch up/down there’s 2 power notches, idle, and 2 brake notches.

If you jump out while the train is in motion or die while the train is in motion the train will go into emergency automatically. This is something called a “deadman switch.”

12 Likes

Are you going to add a reverse?

Will you also be making the GUIs for it or?

3 Likes

Just a reminder from yesterday a PA system if you would like to add one

4 Likes

thank me for that B)

jk jk

3 Likes

fantastic train you’ve got there, keep up the good work

3 Likes

Looking good :+1:
Just out of curiosity, I believe that the LRTs you mentioned are on electrical (pantograph) sources, but the FRX seems to be diesel. Is there any reason for this or is it just too hard to make a catenary and all that?

Also, do you plan on making longer variants of the tram-train?
(Sry) Also, will operators be able to switch cabs so that it can go the other way or is the loop unidirectional?

4 Likes

Fed did not want to budget parts for catenary, so I made the trains diesel based on the NJT River Line rolling stock.

There will also be a 2-car variant for peak demand.

Operators can switch cabs to reverse as they currently can. When the control GUI is finished there may be a way to reverse without switching cabs, but we’ll see.

8 Likes