Railway Development Log

Why is that exactly…?

3 Likes

imagine the noobs, trolls all attacking the train at once. i mean its a good idea and that but our community isnt that great

3 Likes

Our community really isn’t that bad and game moderators are pretty active to deal with those situations. It’s like the bus…
Also, Spacek is clearly working on things to prevent these idiots. I also doubt ‘attacking’ the train won’t be FRP and laws will be set in place to avoid this.
Also, as Spacek said, automation is gonna happen but first it’s just gonna be DOT doing their thing. And, well, it’s probably gonna take a while before DOT gets their trainings set up and gets competent employees to operate the trains. You really don’t see many trollers with the buses because they get instantly kicked. It’s just a matter of getting used to.

5 Likes

dot goes rogue driving the train

5 Likes

omg chords and circles not geometry

3 Likes

you blind fool, he already commented on this u noob

the trains are indestructable like gta v trains

4 Likes

Seems I still have some getting used to for this forum… In my edit to my last post, I took out the mp4 link because it was lagging the editor and forgot to put it back in. So here it is again, showing how the system handles the chords:

8 Likes

You can actually derail the GTA V train in online I believe, just sayin. Also, he could be referring to the tram trains which stop when you go in front of them.
Still, the point is it ain’t getting off that track.

3 Likes

stop making fun of us seattle peoples :C

3 Likes

@NWSpacek will the trains be glitchy as jailbrake?

2 Likes

what glitches do the jailbreak trains exhibit?

3 Likes

i dont know how or why but i lagged standing on the train then when it unfroze the train was sideways

also ignore that weird window in the top left i couldnt figure out how to make it go away

2 Likes

That test chassis was placed there because for testing route dynamics, and does not represent how the final train will operate in any way.

6 Likes

ok let’s call it the SCUT
Stapleton County Union trolley hahahahahaha

3 Likes

You can destroy the GTA 5 train https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeMeLMYOKaI
So for this train you can’t really destroy it. So if I am correct is the point of the train to transport people from A to B or just goods

2 Likes

Would be nice to travel by train too since then we will have trains, planes, boats, cars. Its very unique to a game like this.

2 Likes

I had a feeling you’d post the Vanoss stopping the train video! Gods that’s one old video!

2 Likes

Please create some sort of transit card for this

2 Likes

yeah, have like a subscription or one time one ride payment for being able to get on the train, if someone gets on without paying they can be arrested or fined or something… ¯\ (ツ)

2 Likes

I brought up fare with fed. I mentioned that if the service is reliable enough we could charge fare because with automatic operation the trains would be running even when operators aren’t online. He didn’t seem to agree with charging fare so the trains might be fareless.

With regards to stopping the train, it is my understanding that explosive ordinance will not be included in V3.

Here’s a slow-motion preview of the current state of the system:

Next thing I do is create a replication system.

6 Likes