Railway Development Log

oh ok
well I have a solution to the couplers so that they can be added, the only thing is that whoever was adding them would have to add a line or 2 of code saying only railroad personnel can operate them.

2 Likes

Good thing you brought this up they probably never would have though of that

3 Likes

Wasn’t able to provide an earlier update but with the recent-ish update to v3 the train updates at the Prominence Railyard / Train Depot have been added to the game. You can view pictures of it in this previous forum post: Railway Development Log
Check it out in v3, it looks really nice!

The only problem is that there’s a distorted bit of land which makes it impossible to drive the train between the Prominence FS95 Station and Arborfield; however, all of the switches at the Prominence train yard are fully functional!

5 Likes

Here’s what I meant with the distorted train tracks (Toastee’s pictures, wasn’t able to get pics of it)

PS. The broken tracks at the FIA station are still present but you can surpass them by switching to the left-hand tracks when coming from Redwood.

10 Likes

problem is also right after passing, theres another broken rail at another train stop lol

5 Likes
5 Likes

Update: AtIanticCanuck (the railroad developer) has unfortunately been removed from the development team, thereby halting railroad development indefinitely.

Until another developer is found, don’t expect much change to the railroad

4 Likes

if im not wrong I think the railroads were complete other then buildings for em

5 Likes

Yeah and the scripting.

4 Likes

is it not just placing down track pieces…? how hard can it be?

4 Likes

Signals/switches, train UI, train scripting, railroad crossings, buildings, aesthetics, and everything else related to the railroad. No, it’s not just ‘placing down track pieces’…

4 Likes

im pretty sure env did all those, and vince making the UI

4 Likes

The railroad crossings, buildings, and aesthetics are made by the RR developer, the signals/switches TBD, train UI will eventually be made by vince, and the general train scripts are made by Env (from my understanding). I don’t get what your point is, the railroad is obviously not completed yet, doesn’t matter who is assigned to what exactly

4 Likes

Shoutout to @thekerbal for keeping us updated on the train development. (No sarcasms)

6 Likes

Idk if this thread ever locks but uh just to be safe

Yeah that’s it. 1 small thing I noticed is that there’s a sewer door in the tunnel between GD and RW, unsure if it was there before but there’s nothing behind it atm.

4 Likes

Do we have any clues as to what the lines would actually operate as? Would it only run continuous round robin loops across the county or would we need to have proper train changes? Or am I already getting ahead of DOT on planning this out lmao.

4 Likes

Considering that it is a circular loop, there will most likely be a CW and CCW (clockwise/counterclockwise) train running in a simple loop around the county.

5 Likes

Your really love trains verbal, dont you?

4 Likes

Ire really love trains verbal

4 Likes

Kerbal = in da train gang

Also bump

2 Likes