Railway Development Log

“providence”

4 Likes

Did I hear an update?

(most likely in Prominence, although I may be completely wrong)

This is much more than a private railroad crossing. If you look in the background you can see the FRX (Firestone Railway Express) logo on what appears to be the train depot / train yard which we have waited for to pop up in Prominence!

Trains will most likely spawn inside of the depot and will be able to drive out through the doors or stay inside for repairs and maintenance – you can see a single track leading in through the large depot door. You can also see a standing train in the background on the right in some kind of glass cabin; I’ve got no clue what this is. Anyone got any ideas?

Stay tuned for the next v3 game update where all of this progress will go live!

5 Likes

8 Likes

Looks cool. Is that already published to the game?

4 Likes

Not as of right now. Stay tuned in the Firestone Discord – they’ll put an update log for v3 once it’s all published.

4 Likes

Sorry I was gone and not able to provide a few updates >:(

This is the current WIP train yard / depot being built in Prominence:

(fed seems to like it so at least he won’t interfere with it :sunglasses:)

These are the logos for the FRA (Firestone (Department of Transportation) Railroad Administration) which will be responsible for operating the FRX (Firestone Railroad/Railway Express):

image Old official flag

New official seal
Unofficial seal

The FRA Director is Motor_Law and Deputy Director is myself. I’ve begun to create the Railroad Code a while ago which will practically be the handbook for railroad operations in v3 – completely WIP, it will be continued and finished once v3 is actually released and the train is operable.

There have been a lot of changes to v3 and a lot of development going on, both privy to the public and behind the scenes! Stay tuned for the next v3 update log, it’ll have a lot of new things to move v3 closer to its beta release. If you ever have any questions about the train or railroad, don’t hesitate to ask it here and be sure to post any updates or suggestions you may have.

The train can be operated in Stapleton County v3 after you purchase it. It spawns at the Greendale station. Anyone can drive the train, just hop in the driver’s seat and drive around the route. This may be changed in the upcoming update(s) so if you’re not in DOT use the train while you still can!

Controls for the train:
W = Notch up
S = Notch down
J = Emergency brake (30 seconds to release brake)
F = Lights
E = Bell
Q = Horn
R = Reverser

There’s 2 notches of brake, then neutral, then 2 notches of power. Some track switches can be toggled by clicking on them – although not all. The train often glitches out at the FIA station, so be careful there.

Finally, here’s a map (tad bit outdated) of the train route (colors don’t mean anything, dashed line means underground, arrow line means bidirectional, red dot means station, blue dot means railroad crossing).

ya that’s all

6 Likes

EDIT: Atlantic has made all of the switches in the train yard/depot functional for the next update. There’s no ETA on when the next v3 update will be pushed, but it’ll be a big one so stay tuned!

4 Likes

Amazing work. One question, how many cars do you plan to give DOT’s trains in a married pair?

3 Likes

Maybe you haven’t seen, but it’s just two cars…

3 Likes

that seems pretty small…

3 Likes

This is all it is;

3 Likes

There have been initial development reports that coupling multiple train sets will be possible, but there is yet to be any additional info on it. For now, a train set only has 2 articulable cars.

4 Likes

cant wait to apply for FRX

3 Likes

I also have a solution to the coupling problem (coupling and uncoupling train cars)

3 Likes

A solution…?

3 Likes

the last time I heard the train cars still where not able to couple and uncouple. is this still true? also is it still planned to be put in the game?

3 Likes

They don’t couple/uncouple, no. However, coupling and uncoupling was a feature implied by the previous developer a few times. I don’t know if it’s still planned.

2 Likes

does anyone know why it was removed then?

2 Likes

It was never a feature, the previous developer just hinted at its implementation but nothing happened…

3 Likes

oh ok
well I have a solution to the couplers so that they can be added, the only thing is that whoever was adding them would have to add a line or 2 of code saying only railroad personnel can operate them.

2 Likes