Public Statement - Office of County Councilmember DavidForged

The failure of the department continues to breed off of the higher leadership. When responsibilities aren’t fully and properly executed at the top of the chain it blooms down to the lower-ranking officers.

Quite literally as Crosslay mentioned the department retains two (2) Chief Officers who are in ultimate sway of the entire department itself. Standardly there are four Chief Officer positions to even out the workload in both Fire/EMS/Training etc.

As well having a borderline useless and inactive Operations Captain who does the bare minimum doesn’t assist the Lieutenants and Paramedic’s in Charge below… failing to address these issues is what brought the department to its poor state today.

4 Likes

While I disagree with some of what you say, I respect that you are able to convey your point in a non-hostile manner

7 Likes

Hello Councilmember, I have robbed your office. If you want your property visit the office of T_ripped

2 Likes

I want my items back. Where do we convene?

1 Like

idk yet

1 Like

An interesting turn of events!

1 Like

Did you steal his hard drive too by any chance

1 Like

Lot of words for you to say,.

If you don’t care, then why give your input?

I love how it only becomes a massive problem with SCFD. The Sheriffs Office has issues too but no one is talking about them? Oh, wait, it’s just your hateful group, ignore lol.

You always repeat the same selection of words, are you sure you aren’t a 4th grader?

I thought you didn’t care? Make your mind up buddy.

I don’t understand, how does being LGBTQ correlate to incompetence or is it just you trying to make a terrible excuse because you might be questioning yourself?

That wasn’t your 2 cents, that was you attacking, in my eyes, a perfectly fine department with minor issues that are blown out of proportion. This isn’t your first time and I doubt it’ll be your last.

Maybe that’s because you love to harass individuals? Lets hear criticism instead of blatant attacks.

Whilst I have no experience in this department and what I see mostly is from friends or from employees I work with under that department, it isn’t a bad department.

Whilst there are issues like you have mentioned, I think calling it a poor state is a wild statement because there isn’t really much they can do. There isn’t a large demand for SCFD - not yet at least - and they have barely anything to do apart from the same monotonous tasks of responding to boring structure fires and dealing with mostly civilians who don’t understand Medical RP.
I’m of course not blaming their entire issues on the public and development support, that’s quite ignorant and dumb, but with half of the issues being out of their control, aren’t some of them bound to impact how the department runs?

6 Likes

I have Several objections

2 Likes

People aren’t addressing SCSO either because they have no idea what’s going on within the department because they don’t have LEO experience or that no one is willing to make change. In any case, SCSO is still doing better because I doubt they’re having trouble filling vital positions to SCFD’s extent but I may be wrong.

While the department doesn’t look bad on thr outside it does take careful observation and going through some trellos and my talks with HICOM to begin to understand how fucked they’ve been. While the development side has been complete dogshit for the most part, it doesn’t excuse abandoning two major divisions within SCFD, with the Training Division hanging on by a thread and failing to monitor and deal with inactivity for over half a year and no attempts to host trainings for any division or for the main department. Nevertheless, I can assume zep and Antonio aren’t really enjoying their roles anymore and this might be because of development issues and repetitiveness. Is it really a minor problem when you have the FFA Director and Former HICOM worried for SCFD’s future and the points made above?

When constructive criticism was provided to HICOM in private, it was only the problems visible to the public that were addressed sadly. They are still to fearful of making big changes because it’ll ruin their reputation and break away strong bonds. zep and Antonio are good people and I can only assume they’ve lost their passion for the role, especially when it’s only two members at the top.

4 Likes

You think being popular among the community is a qualification? :grimacing:

1 Like

Some of this is true in that certain people within the division haven’t really been pulling their weight, but overall I’d say the training division is run pretty well (bearing in mind there’s been a recent change in leadership). Mass trainings don’t happen, although there have been attempts, primarily by myself. I’ve tried a few times but generally there’s no interest or everyone just says “oh well I can’t go at that time”. I’ve tried asking what times people can attend one but I kinda gave up on trying to do them because pretty much nobody attends. In the TD channels though jackson and lego do chase people up if they haven’t logged candidate shifts.

3 Likes

This could be said for every department, not just SCFD.
No one wants to do optional training, people will only do what they have to.

That’s actually a shame, but I don’t blame them as you said, it’ll break away strong bonds.

Just hearing this, something should be done. Either something that gives them the motivation to help the department further, or something else.

3 Likes

you could also focus on your own department considering we barely get anyone new from ffa and there’s only a couple that graduate each ffa class, which is adding to the problem. but u do u

1 Like

if you can do better then do it

1 Like

since most of you really didn’t understand what I said, zep is not the problem here I was giving a back story about scfd and it’s faults to the guy who asked

@TheGreenLego_Brick bold of you to tell me to work on my own department even though it falls on to the staff to host tiers which are very limited

3 Likes

You don’t have to make it optional. When I was Training Lieutenant it was mandatory for certain individuals to host trainings because that’s exactly what their job was. Yes, people actually showed up and became more competent in the field and went on to be promoted to spots that needed to be filled and there’s proof of this. If sometimes people don’t attend then at least their doing their job at hosting and get a bypass. The Training Lieutenant, Training Captain and Operations Captain should all be responsible for at least attempting to host trainings and going onto shifts and teaching people new skills on the job because it’s what their job entails, not sitting on Trello for a few hours a week and filing paperwork, thats the job of the High Command. It’s sad that fbi is the only attempting change within the division.

The trainings that can be held at the TC would far exceed whatevers possible in County and even a small showing is better than nothing because those that show up end up in important positions. It’s the exact reason why the AC and CP positions are just left empty. High command just expects someone to just randomly meet the requirements when it should be the former CP that should be guiding the PICs into filling that role and the FC guiding the Captains to move to the AC role. Yet, theres been no attempt so it comes to no suprise that the only people even remotely qualified to run the department are zep and Antonio, with Antonio not even being fully competent within the Firefighting aspect as he sits in the DC role. If it wasn’t for Antonio being the only option for DC, he would have most likely been demoted a long time ago. It just goes to show how their positions were forced upon them when zip left.

So they’re not gonna enforce their own rules just because it’ll make someone mad? That’s really not an excuse and offering a slap on the wrist is what causes inactivity and incompetence. Command will start to realize punishments are so lenient that they’ll not bother and perform at the very minimum and get away with it. High command were aware of the problems at the very beginning, wanted to get rid of certain individuals and are still scared to do so. This is why people are complaining about SCFD’s structure and brushing it aside and saying “yeah must be a dev problem” or “give them time” is annoying to see because it’s happened for over a year now and we’re only seeing small changes because 3 people decided to say something. Imagine what would have happened if we decided to say nothing, it would have just been swept under because it’s not something the general public can really take notice of unless theres experience within the department.

5 Likes

It’s embarrassing you refuse to take criticism, especially in your position as a line officer within the department.

Absolutely disappointing and shameful you need to point your finger at another person’s department status because you know the points we continue to make here are quite valid about YOURS.

You are an utter embarrassment of a line officer and quite frankly I do not believe you understand what defines the purpose of the position.

You also need to understand that the Fire Department is what attracts Academy Recruits in the first place. If the department isn’t operating up to par and attracting recruits there will be minimal individuals who want to put in the work at the academy and graduate.

5 Likes

you should run, make the county great again

1 Like

ye i did

2 Likes