Problem with starting a new life

Problem with starting a new life

Introduction:
I had a nice conversation with some people in the POST discord about my past, which opened the subject to a conversation about getting denied from departments for the soul purpose of having a previous bad criminal history even though its already expunged. As to my surprise, people were stating that they can use my old expunged criminal history as a reason/excuse to actually just deny me from a department.

New Life Rule:

Now being honest, Firestone doesn’t actually have a New Life Rule in-game, although I do 100% believe there is New Life Rule for the group itself. At the end you can get your record expunged, and its a automatic expungement if its over a couple of months or so I believe. Although if using someones past history as an excuse to deny them, that just breaks the idea behind New Life Rule.

Lets be frank here, Criminals/Civilians don’t have anything to do in the game that’s actually fun, the game is a literal Police RP in which all the advantages go towards the Police. This just fucks criminals over even more if they actually want to try the other perspective.

Regulations:

Going to use a picture as a direct reference from a person with a high position here:

They can deny you even if they don’t like you

There has to be a somewhat regulations of why a individual can be denied, denying someone for the soul purpose of hatred doesn’t show any professionalism but just personal vendetta if its actually hatred. If people can literally deny people for trying to start a new life or just of random retarded shit then departments aren’t actually departments that want to hire, it would be a literal friends club to join.

Conclusion:

I want to shed a light about this whole department issues if its true. And I want people from the State Legislative to actually do some research on this matter, as this not only affects the current users of Firestone. But it actually matters on the soul existence of New Life Rule.

:vulcan_salute:
im out

11 Likes

I support, Sam is right. There have been real people who have done crimes and turned their life around and live normally. Everyone should be given a chance even if they were a criminal.

2 Likes

There is people that literally believe you can’t start a whole new life in a virtual game.

2 Likes

This is the result of communist ideas and principals that have ravaged the heads of our departments like the plague.

Sadly, this is the reality we live in.

Expungements are a real thing, I managed to come back about 3 months later after being impeached from CE… and become CE again! Amazing!

Communists will attempt to halt your progress over these hills they mound, over the trenches they grind… But you can do it! I believe in you Sam… Especially considering all the great things you have done for this very community; the Minecraft server being the most recent one.

POST is probably only doing this to try and not get shutdown again… Although it is having a completely polarized effect. You need to get more people, you should accept those with an expunged record! This is like if SCFD halted people from joining because they had an expunged record, they are in a member crisis, but will take anyone who is currently not a criminal under the current statutes of legislation and law that governs them… Including EOs.

I do not believe you are in a violation of law by having an expunged record, you should be able to join a department, you should be able to work your way through post.

I am sure this can easily be challenged in the supreme court, with a intelligent lawyer.

God bless you! May the communists burn in hell.

2 Likes

POST in general has proven themselves to be a shit department within the past couple months. It is nonoperational since the last term and is still nonoperational. We’ve had individuals in the past do crime within Stapleton County, then change their life around to obtain a public employee position. A good example of this includes Patchy, who current serves as the County Executive of Stapleton County. The individual was impeached, warranted, and arrested for things that occurred while he was in office. However, he was able to successfully expunge his records and obtain County Executive again.

Sam personally has stopped committing crimes for awhile. During his tenure as a criminal, he properly roleplayed each and every scenario. In fact, he was one of the more skilled gun shooters in v2 to the point he’s been accused of exploiting to his own advantage. I’ve personally debunked those claims. If POST decides to reject an applicant because of their history in Firestone, regardless of their legal standing, and practically “for anything,” the leadership deserves a change and CanineEnforcement should step in. POST is not meant to decide who’s deserving of said position. They issue certifications that dictate an individual has successfully completed their training to become a Peace Officer.

If you are declining Sam for being a former criminal, might as well remove half of deputies and troopers certification for being former criminals. Shove your personal grudges out the window and be unbiased.

For those complaining that it isn’t “realism,”
you are wrong. Check out Kevin Mitnick (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick). A former wanted criminal known for notoriously hacking. He’s served time, worked for the government and now has a normal life. Maybe you should go out more?

11 Likes

AD Jahan22 was a criminal in V2. Now he’s the AD of DHS. Can’t change is bullshit.

7 Likes

a word of advice:

stop sweating over a video game about somebody who recognizes that this is a video game

a lego block game to be more specific

he’s gotten his record expunged, let him enjoy the game (which he’s done more for than most of you will people complaining will ever do)

this is not real life

+support

4 Likes

Firestone has an ongoing issue of favoritism. It gets pretty pathetic at times.

4 Likes

post needs to realize that this is a game and playing as a criminal is both fun and no different from playing as a cop

just because someone is playing on the other team doesnt make them not qualified to switch around and try new things

firestone has always had this problem. make it change. @Josh_Lovelace

4 Likes

They’re stopping people from enjoying a game… Pathetic.

3 Likes

I did crimes back in V1, and a little bit in V2 alpha. Nothing’s stopping me.

2 Likes

As a legislator, I try to avoid interfering in executive departments and agencies – they have their own authorities and can typically handle themselves.

However, if they refuse to do anything about issues such as this one, I feel compelled to intervene via legislation. That being said, I’m open to a conversation with POST staff, the Governor, the Chief of Staff, and yourself, Samtella, as it relates to this concern. I’d like a resolution here, though I would prefer that that could be done with the co-operation of POST high command and without the use of restrictive legislation.

Skye Jones
Speaker of the House

4 Likes

Just wanted to say, this is for all departments and not specifically POST. As the matter being discussed was joining DHS and other departments

3 Likes

Discrimination

2 Likes

From my understanding, each department has a stage where they vote on an application whether they wish to accept or deny the applicant. I cannot speak for anyone else but SCSO votes based upon application quality and public conduct (how you act on discord, in the county etc.). We will not deny you for being a previous criminal whose records have been expunged. It would be a factor to take into account but it would not be the main reason for denial.

3 Likes

Once criminal doesn’t mean always a criminal.

2 Likes

Actually nvm I can’t stop being a criminal to addictive

2 Likes

I was in a FDOT training with Sam the other day. I can assure you that it’s not just her record that changed her attitude has changed too.

1 Like

If I may make a recommendation: an amendment allowing us to actually seal records. The Constitution makes all judicial matters public. We could just get an amendment to be able to seal (put them on a private board). There can be subpoenas to unseal and such but this is just an idea pitch. They can’t do shit if they don’t know shit. Because even if you make a law saying “don’t do that,” we’re not on every application board, and even if we were it wouldn’t matter. You can always find an excuse to deny someone.

And lads, really, it’s a game. Also, I’ve seen many criminals who know the law exceptionally better than most of our LEOs-which is both sad and hilarious. Furthermore, they’ve seen the other side of things-they can tell you how other criminals operate. Hiring former criminals who got expunged is just a generally good idea for logistics and operations.

3 Likes

Yea I can take down gangs if I was a cop because I was in a lot of gangs :eyes:

1 Like