Potential Removal of the Stapleton County Government

At the least, the concern of legislators sitting on county and state seats is a bit peculiar. However would make a decent temporary fix.

2 Likes

I personally believe that the County Government needs to be removed until we can get the quality legislators that we are talking about. With the talk of having County Government as a secondary job, I feel that implementing such a policy will dilute the quality of the current County Government even further. We already have an apprenticeship type job for aspiring politicians - Capitol Staff. Until we get these quality legislators that we are all talking about, a freeze or abolishment of the County Government is overdue to ensure its success when it potentially gets revived again.

2 Likes

Yes, It would be a temporary fix for sure. But who knows how long it will take until the public calls it treason and against democracy being the same people running State and County level jobs

2 Likes

Again, Capitol Staff is what we need to utilize to grow future legislators, not diluting the quality of the County Government further by making it a secondary job.

2 Likes

The Capital Staff concept was a great opurtunity until it got dropped and lost somewhere in between all of the chaos that is Firestone Politics.

2 Likes

Let us compromise.

Instead of REMOVING, the county government, which will possibly be a permanent thing as it will be a huge heap of work to remove or reboot it.

What if we

1. Temporarily Suspend the County Government
  2. Re-establish Capitol Staff Programs and help aspiring government officials get a form of apprenticeship as you said earlier, which is a REALLY GOOD idea. Preventing younger members from getting swallowed up from the world that is FS Politics.
  3. Then unsuspend the County Government should decent candidates be found.
4 Likes

That is also what has happened to our County Government. With a revival of Capitol Staff to learn from our current quality legislators in Congress, I believe that the impression that will be made on those aspiring legislators will have a large enough impact to help kick-start the County Government into something meaningful and efficient again.

2 Likes

I do agree with this, a sensible approach to the problem while solving the problem of sub-par legislators at the same time. You sir, are a true genius. It is a wonder how you are not running for office with that brain of yours.

2 Likes

Yes, I love that compromise. Techiey and I should make joint legislation to do that plan.

2 Likes

The art of the compromise is a powerful tool, especially in these times.

2 Likes

Yes, Defenetly.

2 Likes

And in regards to your response of me running for Office.
I am intending to run alongside OfficerVideoGame in the upcoming Gubernatorial as his Lieutenant.

I understand I might not have congressional experience, but I have many what I think to be great idea’s to bring to the table, many reforms and many changes to bring to this great state. This great state that I feel can be even greater

2 Likes

I hope to see you on the ballot for this upcoming election, you have my vote for sure.

1 Like

I must head off for the night,

1 Like

We cannot allow ourselves to forget that the State Legislature is also susceptible to inefficiency and failure. It needs leaders, speakers, thinkers, that are perhaps, stronger than those who run the government. A great deal goes into the Legislature, it is the master of the state, except it is not one person, but a divided group of people elected by the people to serve the people.

I do not mean to offend, but it seems some legislators forget they are servants to their constituents.

However, we have had many great legislators in our time, proposing monumental reforms and fixing up the Government.

Allow me to refer to a great public servant, Rolerain, he had created many bills during his time in Office, reforming the Constitution, Correcting Laws, and Overall Reforming a good chunk of Legal Code. He even established the Firestone Bureau of Investigation, to which I direct as of now.

I do not know everything of him, but I saw him as a skilled statesman.

2 Likes

I completely agree with the points you mentioned. As a Representative, I am using this new forum site to better connect to my electorate, something that was not as easy before we migrated here. I highly encourage other legislators to use the opportunity of this platform to discuss with their own electorates on what they would like to see in our State Congress, something that Mr. Rolerain did extremely well. Words cannot describe the gift he had for statecraft and all the good that he did for this great State. May he forever rest in peace.

2 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

I completely agree with Pwnz, instead of removing the county government as I (was) a huge supporter of, it could be temporarily suspended and re-established with aspiring new programs giving it a real meaning besides passing county-level bills and nominations. Something such as bringing back capitol staff programs would be a good career starter for younger members of our community as he also stated above.

1 Like
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Now y’all may Debate about this, please keep it civilized, I will not have Name calling on my thread

2 Likes