Potential Removal of the Stapleton County Government

EDIT: I feel that PwnzorSausage summarized the best plan of action for the County Government after a lengthy debate, all of which can be seen below. His comment is #51, or a link to it can be found here.

Hey all, I was wondering what your opinions were on a potential removal of the Stapleton County Government - encompassing the City Governments as well.
The changes would not be too drastic, the only major ones is the removal of the actual governments, and having the Sheriff and Fire Chief get confirmed by the Senate instead of the County Government, just like all of our other department heads already do.
Your thoughts on this subject matter as much as mine, for you all are the ones who elected me to serve your best interests, and this is a way of ensuring that. Thank you for your time tonight.

• Get rid of County Government
  • Keep County Government

0 voters

3 Likes

Get rid. It was useless from the start.

4 Likes

We absolutely need to get rid of the county government, They are clogging up the state legislative system by making us clean their mess and don’t know how to perform their duties. The concept is great but the way it is working simply isn’t working. The County Government needs to be abolished with no further question on it.

3 Likes

I don’t think @FederalLaw supports this idea and may forcibly keep the county government. I would suggest you have a conversation with him.

For me personally, County Government has never been an interest of mine, for the sole purpose of not doing the job correctly.

6 Likes

That was going to be one of my next steps here - getting the opinion of the people is something that I want to have going into this. I do not want to draft legislation that the people will not like, as it is my job to represent their wishes. This is just my way of staying true to that.

4 Likes

I’m against, it can be beneficial and cool if it actually was active.

4 Likes

The County Government has a history of being a failure. After several attempts to rebuild it’s glory, it has been proven as unsuccessful. Mainly, because of the lack of care that those who were in office had with their duties. Shutting it down would be the best for the public. Especially, the city governments which have done nothing.

5 Likes

when was the last time the county government did anything what so ever that affected the county

3 Likes

DPS was in the same situation. They didn’t do anything and everyone hated them.

Eventually, there was a secretary that DID something, but I don’t know the results of such. He’s stating, if used properly, it’ll have good results.

I mean, isn’t that with everything

5 Likes

maybe if somebody can do something with it, it’d be useful.

but as of now, I see it as a waste of a job. I mean c’mon who would literally spend their time being the mayor of RW when you can be drivin’ around arresting criminals.

it’s never been good, I’ve always felt like it does nothing but appoint fire chief and scso sheriff, in which they often just have polls within the announcements of the department and don’t do much.

pretty useless if ya ask me :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Its more the fact that state government does everything and if county does it first it will most likely be overuled within a week

3 Likes

The county gov is more useless than anything on Earth. In my entire time here I can’t think of one good thing they’ve done. Honestly, remove it and make a Senate committe to appoint Sheriffs and Fire Chiefs. The only reason I have repealed the law establishing it and stopping it outright is Fed will reject it (not attacking him it is his group).

3 Likes

The issue is we only have one county, so all state laws are county laws. It’ll be a different story if we had multiple counties, then the state could establish laws that can be bendable by counties.

6 Likes

I agree with you that it can be beneficial, but at it’s current state and our member count, it is not really practical or feasible to attempt to muster a quality county government. The members of the county / city governments could be better used in Congress. In the future when we have a member count that can support it, I am all for having one, but in it’s current state and its past, it has proven to be nothing short of useless and a waste of talent.

5 Likes

Oh god that would be anarchy.

3 Likes

No? look at the US today. they don’t establish regulations separately for each country. they have a boundary. example, minimum wage.

5 Likes

Because the US is a long established country with good levels of power balance. Firestone is an, albeit damn good, virtual State. Hell, the county gov now has always had issues with conflicting state law, or flat out the constitution.

3 Likes

That’s because the State can only establish laws for Stapleton County… because it’s the only county that’s existant.

Imagine if there was only one state in the US, and there being a federal and state government. Lol?

5 Likes

Sounds lit. I just feel the county gov has no point. I can make a law that has more binding, legitimacy, and enforceability than they can.

3 Likes

We’re beating around the same bush here.

County is useless because there’s only one county under a state government.
If there were multiple counties, then county government would have some use.

5 Likes