POST Improvement ideas

Hi all : D.

As I have nothing better to do for the next few hours I’m looking for ideas on how to improve the curriculum. I wan’t legit ideas which will actually aid in the quality of graduates improving.

Any shit ideas and you’ll be memed.
#gettingshitdone

Thank you all,
Director B_ear

3 Likes

Add back the performance exam, but tweak it slightly to be less strict and instead give feedback of what’s wrong and how to improve, as when I was an Instructor out of the 16 or so performance exams I did only 4 people passed.

2 Likes

Make sure to have a cafeteria cuz else im hungry

3 Likes

you have clap.

2 Likes

Add in learning the county map, I’ve done about 5 field trainings, about 3-4 of them got lost when responding to locations.

5 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION PARTY AT CAMPUS!

8 Likes

if you don’t already teach the radio channels plz do to prevent

DHS > CPTL
DHS > CPTL
SCSO > CPTL
FSP > CPTL

2 Likes

i dont want to seem like im ciritising POST (I’m not) but it seems lots of newcomers to departments like scso are really stupid and immature, I think maturity should be a thing tought in POST and should be taken a lot more seriously

4 Likes

ok.

teach laws relating to LEO

3 Likes

Call prioritisation

3 Likes

Make Pluto stop posting unnecessary and tagging for dumb shit in announcements kthxs :kissing::triumph: Well the recent tags are oK but it just the gifs he be sending, cringe and wack

2 Likes

Isn’t that the LEOs jobs to learn all the law? I’m pretty it’s gonna take weeks to learn the ENTIRE trello. Even if they were taught all the laws they would most likely copy and paste from the bill trello card or forum to get it over with during the exam.

2 Likes

laws relating employment, right to challenge, etc. not laws to arrest

5 Likes

Have an auditing division which evaluates post cert removal. I also suggest a way to report a tip to y’all. I think DPS reports to y’all if there is a problem but not sure.

2 Likes

As I suggested in the academy suggestions channel and which was supported by 25+ POST staff, put radio etiquette back in the curriculum.

2 Likes

Took me 2 hours total when I first came as a DCJ, never touched it before that.

3 Likes

tell kids how to update a 20

5 Likes

THIS. AND TEACH THEM TO NOT IGNORE CERTIAN DEPARTMENTS

COUGH IGNORING FNG COUGH

2 Likes

stop being mean to probies

no but seriously get this whole academics approach out of here and make it more college-styled where majority of the learning is hands on, for example instead of just writing down the light patterns you’d get demonstrations and would participate in class on quizzes or something

shouldnt just be there for notes, should be there to learn

4 Likes

Well, you mentally gift when it comes to law stuff aka NEEEEEEERRRRD (jk) but there’s more laws now.

2 Likes