POST Improvement ideas

having a patrol sim would be nice!

dont forget the honey!

1 Like

This should already be a thing, Cadets are expected to be mature at all times and just choose to be fucking retards in departments.

1 Like

I will certainly add that :+1:

1 Like

I will attempt to work with the doj on something : D

1 Like

no point in audits, the teaching quality is fine.

1 Like

It will be.

1 Like

This should already be done, I will shout at my staff.

2 Likes

No I think I said it wrong. Have a way to report people to get their cert removed.

1 Like

hi beary boy sorry if i’m late. adding onto @MarcTheEmperor’s suggestion sorta but not really

i propose post moves away from the whole copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste thing for 2 hours (rinse and repeat)

here’s what i propose

Tier 1: Basic Behavior and etti(something, idk).

• You get a google doc to read over, which lays out some standards that help both in POST and in being an LEO. Basically teaching behavior and basic county and radio ettiquette.

• Doc gets privated, the students will get a basic quiz to answer that just quizzes behavior and how you should respond to radio calls or other things.

Tier 2: Vehicles(EVOC) and Weapons (weapons = mainly basic weaponty and defensive tactics)

• Google doc gets put out that gives you some basic information on using vehicles and their flash patterns (with gifs please!!!) and how they are used.

• As well as basic information on the weapons in the county, breaches and hostage negotiating. And a little bit of reading on prioritizing multiple suspects in a situation MAYBE??

• Doc closes and tiers are hosted doing:
    – EVOC is hosted and then TS Sims, Response Sim, Pursuit Sim and C/5 Sim.
    – Range, and then building breaches, maybe a situation sim?

Tier 3: High Risk Situation Sims

• Sim One starts off with a pursuit, that ends at a building (any building on campus), in which then suspects run inside and the cadets will be responsible for breaching AND containing them to that building. Breaches should be smooth.

• Sim Two is an escape sim. Suspects will get out of a building and into a car, where then they will “crash” into a ditch (whatever) and Cadets will be responsible for doing a code 5, maybe a second sim with shooting??

• Sim Three will be a high risk situation where Cadets will be responsible for evacuating a building of civs and engaging a shooter. Shooter WILL have a hostage. Cadets will be responsible for getting the hostage ALIVE.

Tier 4: Hour+ of a county sim.

Tier 6 basically.

i have really been annoyed with how long you have to spend ingame sitting around and the longevity of POST. i wanted to sorta make something that hopefully condenses this stuff down without losing the learning portion. sims are the best thing imo.

sorry that i made a whole new curriculum, but there are some things that may be worth adding to the current curriculum if you want.

tl;dr: tier 1 basic behavior, tier 2 vehicles and weapons, tier 3 HRSituation sims and tier 4 is a tier 6. mostly sim based

2 Likes

Yeah, that does a lot to prevent cheating. Only options to cheat now are, screenshot, copy document…

1 Like

That’s why it’s not heavy graded. You LITTERALLY do the same thing ingame, screenshot over and over. How is this any different? My proposal weens POST OFF the screenshot (x100) path. Sims are the best way to go in my personal opinion, and according to others they think the same too.

2 Likes

I’ll be putting this to a staff vote,

It’s highly likely I will change to something similar to this. Although it has been attempted before it was unsuccessful due to a lack of effort and attention this will not be the case this time.

Hopefully I can work out something, it may not be exact but would be similar.

3 Likes

Well I appreciate your response!

1 Like

ty, will help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like