Poll on Pardons

Arguments for removing pardons:

• Expungements are easier than they have previously been

• Pardons are most commonly used as a shorthand for CRP; a privilege for people well known to bypass the regular system

• Pardons were originally added as a check on the judiciary, a branch that rarely makes mistakes and has internal checks (such as appeal). Pardons have also not, in recent history, been used for this purpose.

• The Governor pardoned someone within 30 minutes of being arrested for an offence that they were unquestionably guilty of and the arrestee had no intention of pursuing through the courts.

Views on pardon regulations?
  • Remove pardons
  • Keep pardons as they are (the gov can pardon anyone they want for any reason they want)
  • Better regulate pardons (e.g. set a time requirement, limit the circumstances they can be issued)

0 voters

Feel free to discuss further in the comments.

1 Like

if u pardon me i will start a monopoly

then shoot people, i’ll be like pablo escobar

2 Likes

Everyone who voted on the poll gets a free cute kitty to look at

15 Likes

Is this referring to ROBLOXilxx?

2 Likes

yes.

5char

3 Likes

The Governor has subverted both his own office and the law enforcement profession - as professional as a ROBLOX group can be - by pardoning someone who is clearly guilty of the crime they committed. He offered no reasoning for the pardon, unless I missed something, and has thus essentially let a murderer walk free to continue in their duties. It’s a reprehensible act which proves a measure of incompetence; Congress may do with that what they will.

The pardoning system was flawed, but I’m slightly surprised it took a Governor abusing that system for the flaw to be moved against. No matter the reasoning, the system needs to be regulated or dismantled altogether. And the public should be worried for their admittedly blocky lives that a murderer can still wear a badge.

6 Likes

it is yes

1 Like

Of course. That needs to be looked at. Even though he was pardoned, can’t SCSO discipline him?

1 Like

IT IS FOR THE COURTS TO DECIDE WHETHER SOMEONE IS INNOCENT OR GUILTY MY DEAR

5 Likes

I’m not up on employment law, but the only discipline that qualifies, in this case, is dismissal. Nothing less should be settled for.

1 Like

Agreed. I wish you would come back. You’re very good at this kind of stuff.

1 Like

Nevermind im not getting involved

1 Like

Floaty! Hello!!!

2 Likes

hiya!!!

1 Like

The person literally said they accepted it and wasn’t going to take it to court. That makes them as good as guilty in the eyes of the law.

1 Like

:skull: didnt know that innit

2 Likes

Yes but AestheticallyHappy, spite being someone sym describes as a pedo and has asked for a third party to remove, is effectively sym’s toyboy and will override any action taken.

1 Like

What the actual hell-

1 Like

i dont like sym, sym knows this, sym doesnt like me, i know this.

why do you think i dropped out of the governors race?

1 Like

I think that’s a bit more than dislike.

And I know why he dropped you: sym told you to fuck off like he did to coolpilot :skull:

1 Like