Poll on B_ear's FDOT Secretary Nomination

…literally

2 Likes

CFL warriors on DPW/DOT team are not the ones to be talking ot giving their opinions

4 Likes

little do they know I am bear’s alt

2 Likes

Unlike some of my colleagues I will abide by the will of the people in this case. While I like B_ear, I will be voting nay on his confirmation unless members of the current administration are considered first in confirmation.

8 Likes

Y’all acting like Bear doesn’t constantly go on about fucking Buses and everything DoT when he’s in general in the FS Discord. Although he hasn’t consistently been in DoT, he has taken on the role of being governor, and previously, the role of working within DoT and doing it incredibly well.

For as much as you might complain “give the guy who was 2nd in command a chance” well maybe there was a reason he was only 2nd in Command. Now it may not be the case, he might be incredible, BUT the last secretary nominated Bear for a reason. If he wanted will to take the reigns he would’ve clearly said so, but he didn’t.

Respect the wishes of the secretary and support the man who can actually do the job. If he doesn’t then Will is still there to takeover and keep DoT running. Either way, if you accept nomination and confirm Bear then you respect Slinks final request, and if he’s shit you respect the wishes of about 4 People who complain on the fourms so yknow, make the choice you want.

7 Likes

free b_ear

3 Likes

bear good man and more then has the leadership skill thats needed but theres capable members in hicomm D:

4 Likes

lets be honest theres probably a reason that the governor and now-leaving dot secretary nominated and suggested bear. and the public clearly agree with 85% of the 100+ poll respondants somewhat agreeing with the nomination.

4 Likes

can you read?

being an acceptable choice /=\ people agreeing with the nom.

just because bear was gov doesn’t mean he should get free ranked to a position. I like slink but this nomination was just stupid. Nominating an outsider to a department instead of DOT HICOMM will only cause extreme tension and be a detriment to a departments command.

this is a fucking awful idea and i want to know what drugs josh was taking when he decided to nominate someone who hasn’t even played dot to be their secretary.

8 Likes

‘free ranking’ is a really stupid concept. selecting someone who you genuinely believe is the best for the role isn’t free ranking, it’s trying to make sure a department doesn’t fail.

i’m of the opinion that when the leaving-secretary and governor agree b_ear would be the best man for the job, they probably are; given that those two individuals likely know more on this than anyone else.

3 Likes

lol ok so you think the term “free ranking” is a stupid concept. So you don’t see anything wrong with nominating someone who hasn’t been in DOT to be their secretary just because they held the rank of gov.

oh pardon me, the 1week governor and a former employee of bear (cabinet) said their friend is a fit candidate for the job so im inclined to believe them.
like bro I know you’ve probably never held an command rank before but if the current command who built the department and maintained it was snubbed for someone who wasn’t there since day 1 i’d be pretty pissed off and confused.

like it just flat out unfair.

this feels like a canine 2.0 situation

(gov is out of office so he gets a senior position just because he held the rank)

5 Likes

will of the people?

85% of respondents said bear is a good choice including 25% saying he is the best choice

also “more deserving” =/= a better choice

you’re going against the will of the people in favor of mUh i jOiNeD dOt FiRsT!!!11

4 Likes

Over 2/3 of people said they want someone from the administration over B_ear. Being acceptable is not being wanted. Skye you have started collegiate level education, you know damn well how to interpret these poll results correctly and choose not to for personal bias.

3 Likes

since when is it congress and the citizens decision who he nominates tho
I thought it was congress’ job to decide if the persons gonna wreck the department, not who deserves it more

10 Likes

will isnt staying in dot

2 Likes

will isnt staying in dot or does not want to become secretary, patatolaw is iffy on secretary (would take it if nominated), and a few more of the hicomm does not want secretary. maybe other hicomm would be good but i sarcastically said in the dot discord yesterday that “bear has experience of over 1k hours of bus simulator so he is best choice” -@sharkfish82 and couple members of hicomm lost their shit on me

but ya bear or pat in my opinion is the best choice seeing that all of hicomm either does not want the position or is not fit for the position

3 Likes

This right here

This

This is beautiful

2 Likes

Give @PatatoLaw a chance

5 Likes

I literally argued that in CONGRESS with shark, its honestly SAD that congress is trying to put themselves into the governor’s affairs

3 Likes

The duty of congress is to abide by popular sovereignty when possible. Normally confirmations don’t get this much public input so what little there is is disregarded. But this much public input and protest is a bit much to ignore.

3 Likes