Poll on B_ear's FDOT Secretary Nomination

i don’t believe in rewarding people just for being somewhere for a long time

you’re destined to rise through the ranks - especially in secondary departments like DOT - if you just stay there for a bit. that doesn’t mean you’re qualified to run the department.

leaders in government should be those who can most efficiently and effectively run their assignments. bear is someone i feel like thats a guarantee on, and id rather go for guarantees than risky/toss-up candidates.
(and, even though it hasnt been with DOT, bear has no shortage of hard work and experience under his own belt – man has been grinding for like 7 years)

7 Likes

i cannot believe this disrespect on willmemer.

he doesnt even want to be secretary.

3 Likes

this is so irrelevant because willmemer doesnt want to even be secretary. i believe he is resigning soon from the department so…

4 Likes

Okay first of all being a former hicomm member everyone in high command is capable of being secretary except 2 people. But I have seen what they have done first hand and they are good at what they do and they should be given a chance if they fail at being sec oh well but if they don’t sec then nominate someone in the department who the gov feels fit not someone out of the department. No I don’t hate bear or anything but I feel like someone in the department should get a chance

6 Likes

Also to add onto that High command currently has worked their ass off to where they are now and they had to do a application and such but bear gets a free entry out of no where pretty much.

6 Likes

agree

4 Likes

Bear is a good bloke. But I do believe someone in the Department should be give a chance. That’s like Code resigning and bear taking over FSP, like what. I have nothing against Bear either, but someone else in the department who has been there for sometime and have shown true dedication should be given a chance.

6 Likes

since when did we judge a book by its cover?

3 Likes

i didn’t say those people would be bad

i said they’re risks

bear isn’t a risk, which is the point

i’d rather a candidate with no risk than one with risk

3 Likes

How do you know B_ear isn’t a risk? And from your statement, it’s safe to assume that you’re saying that willmemer is a “risk” just because of his discord profile picture??

2 Likes

wait bear got nominated for dot secretary? the fuck

4 Likes

LOL SKYE

3 Likes

I agree with the fact that a further explanation and reasoning behind why B_ear is the best candidate should’ve been presented upon his nomination. I do know Bear will be capable of running the department and will ultimately be able to get it back on it’s feet, considering the relatively high inactivity rates of the department under Slinksings’ administration. Both Division Coordinators (PatatoLaw, Motor_Law) should’ve also been considered for the position as both (from what I’ve researched) are some of the seniormost employees within the department, and hold a variety of experience showcasing their ability to lead the department to succession. I overall believe there was a lack of context given behind the nomination, and I’m not saying I disagree but I am saying details and a further explanation as to why someone who isn’t in the department AT THE TIME OF NOMINATION is granted the rank of Secretary.

2 Likes

hes a risk because hes unknown, untried, and untested

the pfp was a joke because look at it thats a fastball down the middle waiting to be hit LMAO

thats not to say that he would be bad, and id absolutely agree that theres a pretty decent chance that he would run the department well. however, bear i can guarantee would do well, and id be willing to bet that he’d do better than anyone currently in dot hicom could. again, that isn’t saying that they’re bad, thats just highlighting how good bear is – he is one of the best administrators in the entire state. beating him is very very difficult.

2 Likes

i think someone thats actually tried in dpw and worked hard and is hicomm right now is more deserving of the position, bear is just like “yes i dot sec now” and he hasnt had expierence (atleast lately) so i just think theres someone more deserving out there

2 Likes

lul

bear was governor like a week ago what are you talking about

as someone who has been in charge of two departments and two whole branches myself, i can tell you that the experience necessary does not change by department except for specialty things (like DOJ you need a lot of legal knowledge, for instance). DOT doesn’t have one of those specialty things. all he needs in terms of experience is the ability to administrate and manage, which he has done fantastically in his previous positions, and yes, as governor which was very recent. the things specific to DOT like knowing employees and all that will come quite shortly (it really doesn’t take long to acquire that, especially with certain techniques to extract that knowledge that im more than confident bear is aware of how to do) and somebody else already having it is absolutely not worth nominating them over in favor of a proven superior administrator for the long term. dont forget that bear is also a very good people person, by the way. even not knowing DOT folks as well as current hicom might, id be willing to bet that he’ll do better for them as employees than one of their own would.

5 Likes

im voting for

3 Likes

Welcome to Firestone where positions are given to people depending on how well they’re known and liked within the community. Just like the Governor elections, people don’t care about candidates political knowledge, it’s about who they know and like best.

3 Likes

run for governor now

2 Likes

im a bit tied up at the moment

2 Likes