Policy change within the Firestone State Patrol

Hello, everyone. Just wanna give a little run down on who I am before I begin this topic. I am ApatheticAlex_Law, and I am currently a Corporal within the Firestone State Patrol, whom I have been serving with for a year. Throughout my time of service, I have enjoyed working with this department and meeting wonderful amazing people. However, I am here today to talk about a recent change that was made to Section IV.B, Vehicle Restrictions of the Firestone State Patrol Employee Handbook.

I believe that I can speak on behalf of a great number of employees as I have received an abundant amount of feedback from fellow employees and their opinion of the new policy. In the previous policy, it was stated that the following employees who meet this criteria are permitted to drive these certain vehicles:

• Slicktop Dodge Charger - Corporal+

• Unmarked Tahoe - Lieutenant + or at least 6 months of service

• Unmarked Dodge Charger - Captain+ or at least 1 year of service

The new policy that was made now states that the slicktop dodge charger is only to be used by Sergeant+, unmarked tahoe for Lieutenant+, and the unmarked dodge charger for Captain+. As we can see, the service requirement for the unmarked charger and tahoe and rank requirement for the slicktop has been removed and replaced with these new set of rules.

Although it may not seem like a big deal because they are just vehicles, I believe that they have a great correlation to the morale and motivation of fellow employees. When I reached my one year of service within this department, I felt very motivated to patrol with the unmarked dodge charger. However after just 3 days of being eligible to use this new vehicle, the policy is unexpectedly changed and no longer gives me the eligibility to operate this vehicle. My significant symbol of motivation to patrol more than what is needed just vanished altogether. After receiving feedback from multiple fellow employees, they stated that they feel the same way. I do feel that these vehicles, in a way, act as an appreciation award for employees that have worked exceptionally hard and have been within the department for a great amount of time. When you are given motivation, it can inspire you to work harder and really look up to the department. After the recent change in the vehicle policy, it is hard to find motivation to work more than what is needed, as there is now a lack of symbolic morale. One concern that I acknowledged was that these vehicles can be abused by employees, meaning that there is a lack of utilizing standard marked vehicles. However, before the new change was implemented, I want you to ask yourselves, how often did I really see these vehicles being in use? Only a handful of employees within the Firestone State Patrol meet the old policy criteria. Personally, I like to view these vehicles as “rare” and not used in great quantities which makes them abused. Therefore, I see this new change simply as an un-necessary action and was not needed whatsoever. Not to mention, but these vehicles are also a great source for conducting tasks during the night, and catching criminals easier while not being detected as easily (credit to haybilly for the idea!). To all my fellow employees, I ask you to support this campaign to have the new policy changed to it’s original nature to benefit the morale and working experience for us all, for we have earned our title as a Firestone State Trooper and deserve a working environment with motivation to inspire us to work harder and look up to our department.

I respect everyone’s opinion on this matter and appreciate any form of feedback you may have relating to this topic. Thank you for reading and have a great day! :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Support.

8 Likes

not wrong

7 Likes

support

8 Likes

I support this because you could help dhs out and other departments (which has been done before) with catching gangs and doing unmarked situations and now that just restricts us from doing anything unmarked related with departments. If that makes any sense to any of you. I was typing this at 1 am on phone. I also caught a lot of people with it because they didn’t think I was FSP and In the dark I could easily have a black car and place spikes down and they wouldn’t even know I was there

10 Likes

support!

8 Likes

This is actually a very good idea, I’ll input this too

7 Likes

Just add it to solutions or something

6 Likes

i support this, as i also reached 1 year of service not long ago and was very pleased to drive the unmarked charger, now that chance of mine is… gone, i support this

6 Likes

If I’m being honest, one of the only reasons I’m still in the department is because of the unmarked Charger. Unmarked operations is something I’ve always been interested in and ever since Fed made FSP command disband SPU, I just haven’t had very much motivation besides the vehicle. So, this is a definite support for me.

7 Likes

Support. A lot of us have that in the back of our head as something to reach for. I had wanted to drive the slicktop and hopefully the unmarked. However, that’s all limited to Sergeant or higher. Seeing as there aren’t any open spots it’s a bit hard to rise up in the ranks. The vehicles change nothing about our performance it’s just a car. It helped boost morale in the department. It’s hard to get to such a high command position like Lieutenant or Captain. Some of us have worked really hard and stayed in the department for a year just so they can enjoy the nice vehicles we have.

8 Likes

Support. I don’t really know why this policy was even changed. It gives those who have served an immense amount of time a reason to stay here. It may, although, be argued, “those who have been here for 6 or more months are promoted to at least Corporal.” While this is generally true, there is still some Troopers who have been here for the same amount of time, and are still Troopers. The Slick-top Dodge Charger, I don’t even know why that was changed. It gave people some sort of initiative to try to get Corporal. Again, don’t know why this was changed. It should be changed back. Have a good day!

7 Likes

It actually took me around 10 months to reach Corporal, considering the fact of how hard it is to rank up within FSP.

7 Likes

Support, the Firestone State Patrol has one of the best vehicle fleets within the County, it should not be locked up and restricted solely to command members. Lieutenants, Captains, and higher are not going to be in county typically, meaning these vehicles aren’t going to be used on a day to day basis. Troopers of the Firestone State Patrol who have dedicated their time should be able to receive these vehicles as a reward and as stated by multiple people it can be considered motivating.

11 Likes

support!

5 Likes

support

5 Likes

In SCSO, the undercover CV is 8 months+, and the ghost taurus is SGT+. Maybe FSP could make the tahoe 6-8+ months, and the charger could be SGT+.

Also, I don’t really see a reason to be mad at the high command making it rank restricted. It just makes sense /shrug

5 Likes

When it comes to performing traffic duty, it is pretty crucial that we are not easily detectable, especially at night, in order to catch traffic violators more efficiently. Also, we never said we were made at hicomm, we are seeking to have this new regulation modified and changed to it’s original nature.

5 Likes

Eh, the Tahoe has “Supervisor” printed on the side. I’m not too sure it would work too well.

5 Likes

Support!

4 Likes