Policy change within the Firestone State Patrol

forgot about that F

5 Likes

Support. For the longest time, itā€™s been:

Corporal+ - Slicktop Dodge Charger
Sergeant+ - Supervisor Tahoe
Lieutenant+ - Unmarked Tahoe
Captain+ - Unmarked Charger

In my honest opinion, I wasnā€™t on board with having the whole 6 months of service+ could drive unmarked vehicles, because it was being abused, too many people were utilizing the unmarked vehicles versus traditional marked cruisers. However, the previous system as listed above gave a little perk for each promotion, it seems like that was more or less taken away with this new policy which can negatively affect the departmentā€™s morale. Hopefully it gets reverted for you guys.

7 Likes

Support. I believe FSP should allow this once again. It takes a lot of hard work to get a promotion in FSP to a corporal. In addition, corporals take on more responsibilities and should be rewarded for their hard work and dedication. To add on, Troopers who server 6 months or even a YEAR or more deserve more privileges as they have stayed dedicated and loyal to FSP.

6 Likes

The marked tahoe that says ā€œSupervisorsā€ should obviously be for Sgt+ , but the unmarked should work cause itā€™s unmarked :confused:

6 Likes

seems like theres even more problems with fsp than beforeā€¦

2 Likes

Cranky, we dont need the obvious pointed out, calm down there

7 Likes

Sad, isnā€™t it. Even under new leadership, the current command seems to be following the same exact pattern as all of its previous commands followed.

Iā€™m inclined to agree. Itā€™s hard to motivate employees who work in environments that are so restrictive, thereā€™s little to no expressive freedom.

Respectfully, FSP has been hell for a very long time.

I know no one asked but the way I see it, these vehicles should be oriented more around specific purposes rather than rank. The marked/slicktop vehicles should be considered the frontline, all purpose vehicles. Seeing as FSP holds no investigative or tactical capabilities, unmarked vehicles should be oriented around traffic service.

13 Likes

I agree, and the sad thing is that HICOM treats unmarked vehicles as a privilege, not as an asset to combat crime. Trying to keep these cars as a minority within the fleet is something I can get behind, but these measures are just overkill.

8 Likes

agree

5 Likes

Ok but 1. Spikes rarely work as nobody ever sets up in time for a incoming pursuit 2. DHS, FBI and SWAT have for gangs held down pretty wellā€¦ we donā€™t need troopers flying around in unmarked vehicles basically pretending to be FBI, right now, DHS doesnā€™t even have an unmarked vehicle, apart from SS Tahoe which sticks out like a sore thumb. So please, you donā€™t need unmarked vehicles to do your job, there is no reason why being in the dept for a certain time should result in benefits. If your in the dept for that long and not progressing through the ranks then maybe thatā€™s an issue, maybe you arenā€™t impressing high command enough to get promoted.

10 Likes

Support

5 Likes

The normal tahoe has ā€œsupervisorā€ on it, the unmarked is plain and its a solid color

5 Likes

Support. Got much more motivation to patrol when I reached my 6 months.

4 Likes

Support!

4 Likes

The fact you guys need ā€˜motivationā€™ to patrol is stupidā€¦ I get V2 gets boring and repetitive, so does every single game eventually. But really? Do good in the department, donā€™t do the bare minimum, get promoted and then guess what? With that promotion comes a shiny new car. Do you really think IRL Cops get given a brand new unmarked vehicle just because they have been in the department 6 months? No, no they donā€™t.

Now like I have said, you shouldnā€™t rely on your time in the dept to gain new shit, you should rely on actual promotions, earn it instead of just being given it

8 Likes

Aye I agree. To be fair, I only used the Tahoe once or twice and same with the charger

3 Likes

I, Harold Pippin Twitithen III, former Sergeant of the State Patrol, support the above.

3 Likes

At the moment, itā€™s what I call ā€˜fuckedā€™

5 Likes

I support. People who have dedicated 6 months / 1 year of their time to a certain department should be allowed a new car. I honestly donā€™t see the point of this new policy update. Good luck!

4 Likes

iā€™m siding with fspā€™s command on this one. i see too many unmarked chargers and tahoes in county from people who achieve them through service. scsoā€™s unmarked cv i see almost once a day and thatā€™s it. with the way fed wants fsp and scso as well your ā€œunmarked operationsā€ and all of that with gangs and hell, even traffic, will get shutdown. just be happy that you donā€™t drive a single car your entire career

8 Likes