Petty Court Cases

It’s up to the respondent/defendant and their attorneys in the case to dispute the evidence- in pre-trial you can object to pieces of evidence being admitted, if the judge sees valid grounds for the objection, the evidence is thrown out, if all the evidence is thrown out then the case can be dismissed if there is no longer one piece of physical evidence minimum- boom case done

4 Likes

How about, instead of bashing the courts (which makes no sense in this situation), preach the usage of out-of-court strategies to handle these ‘petty’ civil disputes. Alike real life, most civil cases are either (a) dismissed by the court or (b) resolved through out-of-court settlements. That’s going to lower the general amount of civil cases the district court has to preside over.

As for your, I presume ‘proposed solution’:

The court is always going to examine the evidence during the discovery period and ensure it is in obedience to evidentiary standards. Furthermore, if there is a lack of ‘better evidence’, the opposing party (defense) can just request the dismissal of the case. I don’t know what you mean by ‘better evidence’ either, I don’t think anyone is going to heed to this suggestion considering that it is being made by an unpracticed (I presume) individual.

2 Likes

but also what I notice is that when a criminal gets prosecuted & get (previously 72 hours) LEOs celebrate and act like they’ve committed irl crimes against the entire world. but as soon as someone sues a LEO for valid reasoning, we are considered “toxic” towards the LEO community because “we are try to get them fired, wasting month of work”

3 Likes

Realistically it should be by a preponderance, but that would make ‘ruining careers’ much easier. Just my two-sense.

2 Likes

this is why i have always supported bringing the max sentence down to like 2 hours
and have never submitted anything to the DOJ bc of the outrageous jail times that brings
very stupid

3 Likes

facts his name sounds hella dirty

2 Likes

don’t worry, I’m going to throw these new civil cases out to arbitration if it continues at this pace

2 Likes

Caught in Prominence (@Jefrafra)

2 Likes

Not my fault that I got arrested for saying a joke, but ok…

2 Likes

ok rodrik

2 Likes

I don’t seem to see the issue

Evidence is a requirement but whether its a 20 second video or a picture does it matter?

2 Likes

They need to be required to show what happened before said event happened, they could make it look like a false arrest due to we don’t know what they did before that

2 Likes

Look at my case that I have against me and look at the evidence SMH

3 Likes

That’d be considered a legal defense, and considering that FS requires evidence beyond a reasonable doubt for finding someone guilty of a civil case, it won’t be considered false.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes