Petitions Act of 2022

IN THE SENATE OF THE STATE OF FIRESTONE

November 14, 2022

Mr. JoshLocke (for himself, Mr. Noobsiance, Mr. OliverSteph) introduced the following Act:

AN ACT

To allow citizens to petition their governments

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled,

§1 SHORT TITLE

(a) This Act may be cited as the “Petitions Act of 2022"

§2 ENACTMENT

(a) This Bill shall go into effect as an Act of Congress upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

§3 SEVERABILITY

(a) Should any part of this Act be struck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.

§4. ENFORCEMENT

(a) This Act shall be enforced by all relevant parties.

§5. DEFINITIONS

(a) The “State of Firestone Forums” or “Forums” shall be defined as: https://forums.stateoffirestone.com

§6. PETITIONS HOW TAKEN

(a) Any citizen of the State of Firestone may create a petition at any time.

(b) Petitions may be used for the following reasons:

(i) To submit a bill/act for consideration by the presiding officer of either chamber of Congress;

(ii) To add an initiative to the ballot;

(iii) To request a statement on a specific topic by a government official;

(d) For a petition to be considered valid, it must meet the following criteria:

(i) The petition is available publicly on the State of Firestone Forums

(e) Any petitions not in accordance with the guidelines in this section is to be considered invalid.

§7. PETITIONS WHEN RECOGNIZED

(a) The party being addressed within the petition must respond to the petition when the following critera have been met:

(i) The petition has reached seventy-five (75) valid signatures on the forums;

(ii) The petition is following all regulations as set forth in Section 6 of this act;

(b) For a signature to be valid, it must meet the following requirements:

(i) Signatures may not be added using an alternate account

(ii) One (1) signature per-person, per-petition is allowed

(iii) The signature was not made under duress or as a result of bribery

§8. PARTIES SUBJECT TO THIS ACT

(a) The following parties are subject to the statutes listed herein this act

(i) The Governor and their own autonomous office;

(ii) The executive administrations of Stapleton County and any inferior governments, including but not limited to the County Executive and their office;

(iii) All members of The State of Firestone Judiciary

(iv) All members of the State of Firestone State Legislature

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.