Petition to split public transport from DOT

In case you didn’t know, the bus requires a certification.
And really there is not much taxi calls at all.
A new department would die so quickly because of how boring being a taxi and bus driver is. You literally drive in circles.

3 Likes

You can try taking it up with Fed but I doubt he’d do it.
Wait for this “inactivity investigation” to conclude and maybe changes will come.

1 Like

“Inactivity Investigation”

Just thought I’d point out how funny it was that the claim was sent to DPS on the 25th of October, and look at today’s date.

4 Likes

I don’t pay attention to DPS so forgive me if I missed something

1 Like

That’s what I suggested as well, though it would be a little more decent to have at least mentioned my idea or give some credit. Anyhow, I’ll probably be discussing this with some developers and hope this is brought up to v3.

2 Likes

I see no point in this also it would take a long time to form the department.

1 Like

I like this idea. DoT focuses way more on maintenance than actual transit.

2 Likes

I hope you were joking there dude…

1 Like

Nope, ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t know you had the same idea. I would’ve given you credit! My bad.

1 Like

What is RW Taxi service for 500 Alex

1 Like

NOT SUPPORTED. UNSUPPORT. NO SUPPORT HERE

1 Like

To the uneducated that looked at the title and said “lol no”,

DoT does a fairly garbage job at public transit as of now, and with new things coming to them in v3, why should they focus on public transit when they have other cool things and semi-more important tasks than driving a bus or taxi? Jobs like these are not “boring” to some, infact, may be something they are passionate about. Calling something boring is an idiotic excuse as something un-amusing isn’t objective - it’s subjective, meaning it depends on the individual and their interests.

I can’t think of ANY city in my country that has the government’s ministry of transportation run bus lines, because that’s not what DoT does. However, what I do see is a government-owned transit agency that is under the oversight of the Department of Transportation that focuses on running, maintaining, and upgrading bus lines. This would be a good idea for Firestone as it can help create basic job opportunities like being a bus driver or a taxi driver without needing extreme things like a POST certification or waiting two and a half years for DoT to open their applications, and doing things like driving a tow truck or pretending to do construction on a road on ROBLOX. The idea of the idea purposed, from my perspective, is to actually attempt to have a public transit system that works, not have something lumped for Department of Transportation that semi works.

According to various DoT members, a certain amount of DoT must be online to send one bus out, which is idiotic - it doesn’t take 5 guys to drive a bus, it takes one. There are yes, more important duties, which is a good argument for this to be separated, but more importantly, it showcases that Department of Transportation isn’t focused on this and doesn’t list it as a priority, even if there are like 3 tow truck drivers doing absolutely nothing.

tl;dr it’s a good idea that probably won’t be implemented

I also want to note that I’m satisfied with majority of what DoT does as it works well, but when it comes to public transit DoT has no priority set to accomplishing bus service, thus, they don’t do it at all.

3 Likes

Okay so you want v2 to be a mess with cars all over the place? And want us to run transit?

1 Like

I stated CLEARLY that I’m referring to instances where DoT does nothing, there are 3-4 of them, all at spawn, pretending to do construction which really does nothing more than cause traffic jams or they socialize at spawn. I also clearly stated that running a bus service isn’t as important as the duties DoT has assigned, which is why a split makes logical sense.

2 Likes

Thank you! Where I live, DOT doesn’t run the buses either. They mostly do maintenance and stuff

1 Like

Okay so you’re saying we can’t rp and stuff and “we sit at spawn all the time” isn’t true and in real life dot does construction and shit so why shouldn’t we rp it?

1 Like

I’m saying that if DoT clearly does not wish to do public transit, they should not be bringing the community down by barely doing it because they rather not handle that task. DoT as I said many times before does great at towing and road maintenance, but they have said it themselves that they disagree with buses. How can a department that ISN’T passionate about transit be expected to effectively run it?

2 Likes

this is definitely gonna happen

1 Like

That’s like 1-2 people and the only reason people take part in it is because it’s illegal

1 Like