Petition to split public transport from DOT

Right now, DOT handles both roadwork / towing related things as well as public transport (buses and taxis).

I would like to suggest the public transportation and roadwork / towing sides of DOT be split into two departments.

For example, “Firestone Transit Department”, or “Firestone Transit Authority”. Something along the lines of that.

I simply feel it’d be better to have a department dedicated to the training and management of public transportation and another dedicated to the training and management of roadwork / towing.

Thanks for reading!

5 Likes

just no

4 Likes

yeah no.

There’s a reason why DOT is the Department of Transportation.

3 Likes

I really don’t see a need for it.

It’s very boring to do the taxi stuff. I can’t see people applying to a taxi business.

3 Likes

Majority of the time when I’m in the county, it’s always Towing, which is the most needed.

I don’t hold too much objection to this as I never see Buses or Taxis anymore; a new department would mean more focus on their task rather than DOT having 30 different jobs.

3 Likes

god don’t get me started on the horrors of the Metropolitan Transit Authority. people can’t even get a subway train to a stop in four minutes or less without stopping halfway in a tunnel.
tl;dr no.

2 Likes

That just complicates things more.

Staff Sergeant AsianImpression
Firestone National Guard

2 Likes

Nope, no no no. Not even going to happen.

2 Likes

I’m not supporting this for obvious reasons, I think some of them were already mentioned in previous posts of this thread,

BUT,

I do believe the opportunity in opening private bus companies should be permitted by the Department of Commerce and of course the FS development team seeing as this would require some incorporation in game (creating bus livery, bus stops, etc.). There should also be a limit to how many private bus companies can operate v3, which preferably should be maximum 2 companies. This seems more interactive and gives Commerce also even more involvement in v3. Overall, I think it is worth a shot, we just need a few more bus models.

Have I mentioned I’m a part time bus enthusiast? I believe we should have Orion VII Next Gen CNGs in game to accompany the already created NovaBus LFS Gen 1.

4 Likes

12 Likes

I like the idea

2 Likes

no just no

2 Likes

Yes, let’s remove the transportation in the Department of transportation. Let’s work for the Department Of.

Singlehandedly the best idea I’ve heard in a very long time.

5 Likes

Yas, good suggestion :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

No consent.

2 Likes

W h a t. Let’s break this down.

Department
Of
Transportation

nah fam.

4 Likes

Indeed
Definition of dumbest poll ever.

2 Likes

Agreed with Ken and Slink dumbest poll ever

2 Likes

REVISED
After several replies outlining why this wouldn’t be the best idea, I’ve revised my idea:

Since DOT stands for Department of Transportation, I believe that we should have the opportunity to create privately owned bus / transportation companies. This could include the opportunity for these companies to spawn buses branded with the company that runs them at some kind’ve bus depot. Same for spawning taxi-type vehicles.

Of course, there should be some way of limiting the amount of “official” privately owned companies from operating since we can’t have 50 different buses.

Nothing stated here is concrete, of course. Were this to happen, it would very likely be revised more and added to.

2 Likes

Already exists.

2 Likes