PETITION TO BRING BACK 72-HOURS FOR ANNOYING CRIMINALS

Y’all should add on the BoR that anyone who post this cat gets out of a DPS investigation

9 Likes

No it’s pretty much the entire game community except criminals. The average new Firestone player with a crown victoria and 2K in their bank would agree that these toxic criminals are incredibly annoying and do not benefit the RP at all.

1 Like

Legally speaking I understand the issue but belive that the citizens of Firestone have enough braincells to understand a such decision and I doubt anyone would oppose it (except for criminals). I think that with common sense nobody would really care about the fact that it’s not very legal. It’s a lego game after all, it works on common sense and having fun after all.

Say here if you don’t agree. If you didn’t figure out this is more of a petition than a poll aka we’re seeing how many people would sign, not how many would not sign.

If any LEO would abuse they wouldn’t have a POST certification for a very long time. Yeah 72 is a bit extreme but 12 or something like that is more humane.

The point of this is only for criminals that are constantly cop baiting, shooting random civilians, impersonating and overall being a nuisance and who never make roleplay during crime. This wouldn’t apply to a regular criminal who actually roleplays and just does normal crime.

True legends of RP.

I’m not a lawyer or smth but if it’s passed as a law I doubt it can be unconsctitutional. Again it’s a lego game it’s based on having fun and common sense.

1 Like

my question to you is this,

you want to trust the largest demographic of state employees (or maybe the second, dot snd dpw might take that title) to imprison people up to 72 hours (or even twelve hours) aka half a day to 3 whole entire real life days

what occurs if someone goes rogue?
what occurs if it turns out the arrest is unlawful?

72 hours is an absurd number that should only be left to the courts.

fin

1 Like

72 hours is too much, at that point you may as well just ban them

3 Likes

Do cops even prosecute criminals anymore? I personally don’t lol

2 Likes

It can be passed, but I doubt any Governor’d sign it and it’d easily be found to violate BOR.VII

1 Like

revert it back during v3. according to env, he did say that v3 would have an on going timer even if the player left.

2 Likes

People go rouge all the time, and the decision gets overruled and the person is set free if found that a person went rogue.

POST revoked. Also, cops wouldn’t issue the 12 or 72 hour jail time, it would be up to judges.

1 Like

this idea got nerfed a little iirc, to where it would tick down but a lot slower and you’d have to spawn in jail before it would start ticking

howeverrrrr that nerf may have been scrapped or the whole idea could’ve been removed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.