Opinions on CGOC having the ability to classify?

I seriously cannot do a single thing to declassify.

The difference between IO and CGOC is the nature of the investigations. And yes, while IO’s oversight comes directly from the Executive Branch, IO isn’t also 41% of that oversight. CGOC on the other hand, makes up 41% of their own oversight.

1 Like

Wait am lost you can classify but not declassify?

No I can no longer classify or declassify. If the CGOC was declassified, I would release what I can to the public.

The only way that can legally be done is adding us back to the COC and having us officially declassify. There is no other way that I’m aware of.

Again you’re viewing the congress as a force of people who are all on the same team. Maybe that is how it is in the executive departments but we here in congress all have views we uphold and fight about. By no means are we a team bent on agreeing with each other to advance our power. I think it’s intellectually dishonest to push that we are a group that are all pals again any effort at all to actually attend a CGOC session or a congressional meeting should CLEARLY show that.

1 Like

What??? If you can’t classafy then that means the old stuff you classafied are no longer classified therefore nothing is needed.

No, via law it has to be officially declassified before anything happens.

They should have the ability to, in certain circumstances.

But, it wouldnt hurt if they had the ability to whenever, they always release information in the end.

1 Like

Ok then have doj or courts know exactly what you guys are investigating. People want some sort of oversight not anyone investigating everything and anything

I have no idea what you’re talking about to the honest truth. You must be talking about something that happened without my knowledge, because I believe we’ve been doing great.

If you can’t classify, and you have those documents that are supposedly “classified” wouldn’t that mean you’re in violation of the law as you don’t have the proper clearance to view said material?

Absolutely not. I even asked the AG if he would be willing to have insight via law. Do you know what his response is? “I don’t want anything to do with CGOC”. The courts would be breaching judicial neutrality.

The idea that that is happening is egregious we’ve not even hit double digits in investigations. All investigations result in the release of all information once concluded. I’ve already stated I’m in support of provisions to the bill that would specify that people must be informed that they’re being investigated and why. That does not mean that the committee should have no ability to classify.

james power hungry? am i right or am i right

5 Likes

The DoJ is an executive department which would create a conflict of interest and the Judiciary is who would potentially be presiding over cases based on findings again creating a conflict of interest and potentially breaking judicial neutrality.

Because I kicked him for causing trouble in my own discord? Yeah, sure, power hungry.

Frankly tony the fact that you’re using my arguments to push your point regarding CGOC but at the same time group all of CGOC together is unethical. I am a member of the CGOC and you’re espousing that I am power hungry even though my argument is the one being made to push your point.

it looks to me all he did was nothing except file a suit on you :joy:

You need to scroll up a lot more.