Opinions on CGOC having the ability to classify?

It took out cry for it to happen fam it’s too late now people sadly made up their mind.

I mean you guys could do your job PERFECTLY fine without it. Before you even had your “classification” powers you guys were fine.

2 Likes

Not only that, but he stepped over his boundaries to put people he wanted without even consulting us and out them in check. When we pulled out of the COC almost immediately after, I was approached by the AG, SG, and an SCJ, of which the SCJ even threatened criminal litigation for possession of classified documents since the information we have is classified and we are no longer allowed to use it. The Governor is trying to cut off the head of anything who tries to defy him.

Uhm, we’ve had classification powers way before this happened.

Don’t get me wrong, they should be able to have secrecy in some investigations, but not literally everything they do. They’re essentially internal affairs for the government. Corruption, while on the rise, rarely extends to the level a covert investigation is warranted. They should be able to view classified information however.

2 Likes

Thats kinda bullshit. This had all pretty much happened after the Marshall case.

The thing is people will be on your side when people know your moves. You guys went to war with no back up and it’s firing back. Remember unlike IO you guys were elected by the people so when they don’t know what you are doing then we’ll they don’t have hope for you.

1 Like

He is not, at all. YALL are the ones who fucked up, hell if you guys and one of your investigators themselves are ADMITTING that yall do a SHIT job at investigating, its a god damn problem that is being ignored, Mr chairman

We don’t release information on an ongoing investigation while it’s going, which is why I have a policy of my own to release everything at the end of it. That is why we have scribes.

Tell me the last time CGOC told someone they were being investigated

Whats that about canine being investigated without him knowing?

No, I’m just tired of receiving DM’s about how you shouldn’t receive the ability to classify. This isn’t meant to be swayed against you, it’s meant to collect public opinions. I’m trying to be the Governor that listens to the people of Firestone, who voices and acts on their opinions on what should/shouldn’t be ocurring in the Government.

But we’re not meant to make decisions people like. People loved Butsworth but he was almost impeached. That’s the entire point.

Pulling out of the COC is literally going “I DO NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR AUTHORITY AND IT THEREFORE DOESNT APPLY TO ME.”

The extent to which CGOC has classified things in the past is a bit over-the-top – not every little thing needs to be classified.

However, there are some matters that are so sensitive that them being public while we are investigating could hinder our investigation. It is for those things that we need classification powers.

We also need a properly constructed form of oversight to check our classification power.

SPT Skye Jones
princess skye!!#9640

6 Likes

Show me where it says you have access to legislative classified information.

But who knows what you are investigating. There is some stuff we found out that I can’t discuss and once it’s declassified people will lose even more hope in you guys and worst you will have one Dept that will get on your case once it’s released.

I’m going to have to step in and give my opinion here. Whilst IO has oversight their oversight is entirely from the executive branch of government. The idea that a separate branch of government should be overseeing a congressional committee is unethical. Whilst I don’t believe CGOC was effectively using it’s power of classification and made that clear in the argument pasted above but I 100% believe the CGOC should have the ability to classify certain information and those provisions should be made in the bill giving the chair classification powers. If this bill passes I can proudly say I will 100% be proposing amendments to create those provisions. But I don’t want my position to be misrepresented to mean that CGOC should have no ability to classify. When investigating anything certain information is detrimental to the investigation at hand and as such cant just be public knowledge. In a situation where a congressperson or a Governor or a Department head is being investigated they should indeed know they are being investigated and for what but certain information just cannot be provided. I’m sure IO can respect and understand that this idea that the executive branch is the only branch that should be able to investigate is something i entirely disagree with. Any person commenting on this right now can run for office and try to make a change to the CGOC or even make that change by making sure to vote for people that don’t espouse views you oppose. Again we are not a department full of people that are all on the same side we are FAR from that. We are a committee formed of elected officials all of which have individual opinions and stances and the Chair who would be the oversight of said committee is in no way the boss of the members of the committee and he can be overruled at any time. Congress is almost never able to agree on subjects such as this and even investigations. I’d like to remind you all as well that when the CGOC finish’s an investigation the most they can do is recommend an impeachment to the entire congress who again don’t ever agree on subjects such as this and if you wish to debate that I urge you to attend meetings and listen to debate.

2 Likes

The thing is people knew what he was being impeached for and they knew it was Bs that’s why it didn’t work.

We’ve done nothing wrong, I have literally no idea what you can be talking to.

Yes and I want to release information to the public now, but your Governor refuses to do anything to declassify it, so my hands are literally tied.