Open Discussion on Open Carry

69% of 13 people think it’s ok to carry your gun down the street in your hand.

This is and will remain banned by the FFC.
Those who walk around causing chaos with their weapons will be arrested for inficting chaos.

This is a disaster idea.

3 Likes
  1. someone could shoot as a “threat”

2. this is firestone

1 Like

I will open carry my gun for my safety lmao

2 Likes

From my experience with legal firearms in real life, the point of having a firearms license is for self defense.

What good is self defense if everyone knows you have a gun? What good is inflicting chaos? Although I don’t support being arrested for accidentally holding your gun out (what some officers say is open carry), I also don’t support being able to openly hold your firearm just for the fun of it.

Self-Defense is intended to be incognito. If you are openly carrying your firearm, you’re a standing target like an arrow pointing at yourself reading “HE HAS A LEGAL FIREARM!”
Although some may argue that having this title my deter criminals from targeting you, it really doesn’t. I see criminals killing people who know have legal firearms so they can start a shoot out.

tl;dr Legal guns are for self defense, openly displaying them puts a huge red target on yourself and only causes trouble.

2 Likes

what safety could possibly be provided that concealed can’t?

1 Like

Open carry does nothing for our state to protect our citizens, the only thing to happen if the Open Carry Act of 2019 were to pass is the complication of self-defense and people being put on edge.

Bill in question: Open Carry Act of 2019

Consequences of open carry:

• Naturally, people will be put on edge when they see one or even a group of people walking down a street whilst brandishing firearms. Who can tell the difference between people “exercising their right to carry” or trying to legitimately murder people.
  • It completely goes against the point of carrying a firearm in self-defense. Your firearm is only to be used when you or others are in life-threating danger, not to tell people you have a lethal weapon. Arguably, open carry is less effective compared to concealed carry defense.
  • Police will have to ensure proper licenses on people utilizing this right when they are walking around with a gun in hand. Not too mention it does nothing but complicate their job with differentiating between threats and non-threats.
  • Not having open carry doesn’t violate any constitutional rights. The bill of rights allows the government to regulate gun usage.

Voice your opinion below.

3 Likes

I absolutely agree with everything said above. There is no need for us to openly carry our firearms in public. This will just confuse everyone, especially while the Redcliff gang is on the streets and shoots up RW daily. This bill will also make everything for Law Enforcement Officers. There will be more and more scenes where LEOs stop people with their guns drawn, just because they are openly carrying them in the public.

Murphystem
SCSO Lieutenant

If this bill passes, can the county government please regulate open carry in Redwood? @anon89270917

2 Likes

tagging authors because i want their attention on this thread
@CannonOblivion @Ronald_Reagan @Skye_Jones @Clonemep @tow23er @Alaskan_Law @JamesDitomosso

edit: weird move but ok

1 Like

Gonna have to say no to this. As a member of the FFC, we highly discourage this. It will cause public panic, waste police resources, and basically show who to shoot first anyway. Also, rip you if a gov official comes by with SS, because the DOJ ain’t prosecuting if jimmy has his ak out near the gov and gets gassed by the Secret Service. There is no reason to have your gun out whenever you want. It is for defense and recreation. And law enforcement officers have every right and duty to stop, detain, and search all persons with a gun out even if this legislation passes. So basically, you waste all our fucking time. The DOJ also won’t prosecute if you point your gun at someone and they shoot you to death. Essentially, you’re gonna turn RW into the wild west, and the Justice Department and Courts aren’t gonna back you up.

7 Likes

The Constitution states that the government has full authority to regulate firearms laws in the same section that defines firearms rights

2 Likes

I have to agree with Danny. There is no reason to be open-carrying a firearm and I have not seen anyone provide benefits that outweigh the consequences. If I am open-carrying my AK and turn to the left to see another legal gun owner, that’s not good for me. The other legal gun owner thinks I am about to shoot him so he pulls out his firearm and begins discharging. Then, in self defense, I begin discharging. We have a shootout going on between two law-abiding citizens who are both arguably in the right. If Firestone had a way to strap a gun to your back, I would almost be willing to support this, but with the current game mechanics, this is just not feasible.

4 Likes

Personal opinion on open carry:
Sure, it’s a nice expression of being able to have a firearm and carry it openly in public. Something something God loving redneck Republicans and their dastardly paramilitary militias under the Second Amendment.

However, there’s a point where open carry is seen more as a threat than an actual deterrent (or symbol of expression). You can’t just walk into a police station wielding assault rifles and not expect to be treated as if you’re a fucking terrorist.

Thanks, Mike.

In Firestone’s case, no matter how close we are to resembling the United States, open carry isn’t legal, and is punishable by law.
Sure, being able to openly express your right to carry a gun and have a CFC license is great.
But, while that may be the case, my personal opinion on this is gonna have to remain

No.

This is for several reasons:

• crime in Firestone is very much related to the ability to have a gun. If you openly carry a gun, especially a long gun like the AK, you’re showing yourself as a visible carrier, and possibly a threat.

• the element of surprise is a very useful tactical advantage, as pretty much everyone who’s engaged in combat knows. If a CFC civilian isn’t targeted for having their weapon out by the criminal, then they’re able to present a much more effective counter ambush by fighting back and taking them out.
    This is literally the ultimate reason as to why CFC was implemented in the first place (as a method for self defense), and should remain that way.

• alongside the above, open carrying would present a new threat, on all sides of combat:
    = as the criminal, who makes you their first target to eliminate the potential self defender
    = again, as the criminal, who would be able to use the legal right to open carry as a loophole of presenting a weapon and building up to a potential attack
    = as LEO, who would be unable to differentiate between CFC civilians and criminals, because EVERYONE’S HOLDING A FUCKING GUN
    = as a fellow civilian, who would additionally be unable to tell the difference between criminals and other civilians- they would additionally run the risk of being shot by LEO for wielding a weapon in an active shootout

There’s a few other reasons I could additionally state, but I won’t bother, because my brain is always running on 50% capacity and I can’t think of the other half right now.
Yeah. That’s my opinion.

Keep concealed carry because it’s tactically and strategically better, and it’s better for LEOs and other civilians.

~jef

5 Likes

Merica open carries AR-15

1 Like

Merica open carries AR-15 gets harassed by police and targeted by criminals while people walking down the street nearly fear for their lives

1 Like

Did you not see the amendment to get rid of the FFC?

1 Like

No, enjoy a license suspension in that case.

1 Like

Please link me

1 Like

Their is no such thing as an AR in FS, and I only use firearms when i’m on duty as DHS

1 Like

We used to have an AR-15 for SWAT but it got replaced by the G36C because it’s literally the worse gun in Firestone.

1 Like

Oh, I thought you said AK lol

1 Like