Official Response from the POST Director

Whether or not I choose to retract my one week notice will depend on the plan of nerfing POST. Myself and my administration have never abused this power even once, yet people are now panicking over the power. The policy mandating certification suspensions was put in place to stop this problem of not giving your name and badge. Yes, it had its flaws which I addressed. The fact that a select few people (all with powerful positions) are actively trying to nerf our ability to control a certification system that isn’t even broken or corrupt is absurd. Citizens should have the right to challenge us in court of they believe the action was unnecessary. If I ever find an action preformed wasn’t the right move, I’ll reverse it. This academy has struggled enough, and I have to spend hours upon hours fixing it only to be punished in the end. This movement against us will result in damage to a finally improving leo quality. I ask anybody taking part in this stop, otherwise I will resign my office as I can’t deal with a bunch of salty 11 year olds suddenly concerned with this position after almost 3 years of existance, most of which joined the community less than one year ago. If nothing is done to us, I’ll chose to stay. Simple.

btw: I support some control on us, such as making it illegal to revoke for an offense that doesn’t violate the oath or our guidelines.

6 Likes

Agree 100% post administration has worked their asses off and only have gotten punished. This needs to stop

2 Likes

I support POST and their actions.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% Max. These bone headed politicians we choose to represent us are simply using there power to try and get back at POST.

The dumbest part of all of this is, they want POST to be able to gift certifications, but not take them? That’s easily the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

To the politicians against POST that read this, please, use your damn brain. Thank you -

#Don’tGoMax

3 Likes

I don’t know why you say POST has been getting “punished”. @NorthTx_Dev

2 Likes

What you’re saying is not exactly true. Nobody is trying to make it that POST won’t be able to revoke certifications. All I see as of now are boundaries, please know your facts before speaking. And don’t publically make a fool of yourself.

2 Likes

@MaximusGXL Under no circumstance has anyone tried to put an halt to POST operations or slow them down but the POST administration itself. If the problem is specially on LEO’s for their behaviors then a reboot in POST operations wouldn’t necessarily solve that issue. I think maybe an update in the curriculum would clean up the problem. I also find it reasonable for government officials such as congressmen and women to write up legislation’s for POST to get up and running in the correct way.

1 Like

#POSTneedsMax

2 Likes

post is dying.

let’s not rush it to its grave, congress

at the VERY MOST just make it like civil court were only if a lawsuit is filed something can be challenged. no willy nilly judges causing shit for “iTs My iNtErpReTation”, and it’s still fair.

still, that would extortionately hurt post due to the lack of lawyers willing to work for post or any state department other than the DOJ for that matter

so don’t fix something that doesn’t need fixing or you’ll break it

5 Likes

holy shit fucking what the god didly damn is this did i just smell with both my ears, nostrils, and eyes

dev, dont reply on topics if you yourself know nothing about it
here, let me sum it up for you:
class 34+ = shit, know why?
no good cadets come to post anymore, their all 11 year old mcso squeakers who somehow manage to get hi-comm in departments instead of the good experienced people
fucking curriculum changes or legislation changes wont do shit.
we’ve fixed our curriculum, we’ve fixed our policies, hell, we even fucking REVOKED CERTIFICATION REVOCATIONS to try and improve POST.
post is a dying cause, doing legislation changes on it wont do anything.
to be honest, if maximus leaves, i expect a majority of POST to leave aswell.

2 Likes

Thank you for proving the point that POST administration is not capable enough to preform their duties. Which means someone else will have to find a way to bring POST up a bright again because trust me, kids have and will continue going through POST and possibly becoming LEOs. Like how OVG pointed out,

POST has been constantly trying to fix things that do not need fixing. And what you said about,

just tells us that we can’t rely on POST on training cadets properly. You can’t expect a “good” cadet to come to POST just like how you can’t expect a good student to come to school. Which is why there is something called learning and we have all been through learning or/going through learning as of now. Hey, want to know what can make a cadet “good in POST”. Better training and teaching. A student needs that type of time from a dedicated teacher, a teacher that doesn’t reads off the curriculum and lastly, a teacher who has the courtesy and awareness of the students. Same thing with POST, only if staff would know that nobody comes out “good” it takes time and leadership from good people.

2 Likes

Like at least establish command disciplines.

2 Likes

hubbububba
look, dev, i dont want to type an essay since, lets be honest, NOBODY reads those
if you want, me and you can hop into a vc and ill explain to you whats wrong with POST, and we can even exchange ideas, and if their good, ill run them by maximus since maximus is my god and maximus is lit fam but im just a poor instructor so the fuck do i know about anything lmao dab exd exd exd

but seriously, me and you need to talk if this is what you think about post

2 Likes

ya i agree
ngl i was about to enter post but i didn’t have group space
f

2 Likes

Lets ignore the fact here that my term has been mostly fixing problems that have developed in the academy, some of those fixes and work and some of them don’t.

You cannot deny the fact that some of the recent problems aren’t entirely our fault.

The problem with POST (which is killing it) roots down deep into enrollment and the only way to fix that is to keep trying new ways to balance it. We can’t open up the academy to everyone as lower quality Cadets get in. We cannot keep things how they are right now since no Cadets get in. The easy thing to do is blame it on the administration, but I believe we’ve been the life support for the academy. Maybe these reforms we’ve done prevented an even worse problem from occurring? This isn’t a situation you can make assumptions about, it’s far more complicated than that.

but ok, keep proving yourself and other government officials whom support you can’t do a second of research. You’ve been around here for like… 5 months? You don’t know how things work in POST or anywhere outside of the government and I’d expect you to stop assuming you do.

2 Likes

Correction, I have been in FS since 2017 and I have worked in POST during that time. If you would like to see my previous usernames then you would know. Secondly I do know how things go in POST I have experience.

2 Likes

And to add on, I am a former FSP Trooper.

2 Likes

cant know it if you’ve never recently been in it
cant say anything about it if you dont know it

2 Likes

post hasn’t enrolled anyone in 4 months lol reforms don’t take 4 months

2 Likes

You guys can say what you want but it is what we see and what we’ve seen these past months is near nothing we expected. No progress has been shown and this is what we have seen. What you are saying doesn’t match up to the failure of the academy.

1 Like