[OBSERVATIONS] TACTlCALHAWK's Assistant Warden hire-in

When you view something as a long time insider, you may be biased and choose not to acknowledge problems that are there out of a hope of “oh its not THAT bad!” When someone who’s watched from the outside comes in, they can point out all the things you subconsciously ignored.

2 Likes

Of course. Outside sets more eyes and a fresh new look.

But how is being hired in any different than suggesting what you see to the current warden? Yes, you were asked to be the ass. warden,

but why did you not just say “I will give you the following suggestions; A, B, and C” but instead, took up the position, causing this?

1 Like

Of course. As stated above. Why did he take up the position and not just proceed with suggesting?

1 Like

That’s something only hawk can answer.

1 Like

Good point, but incorrect.

If I were to say “no, but please fix A B and C” that wouldn’t accomplish anything.
Wouldn’t you feel better if you actually changed the issue instead of ask others to do it, not knowing if the changes would be made or not?

1 Like

Of course.

I appreciate you pointing that out. But in the end, you know what needs to be fixed, but do you know how to effectively fix it?

In my view, only those from the “inside” would know how to effectively fix it because of their past experience in that specific department.

Of course, you may know how to fix it from your experiences, but they have had department specific problems they have addressed, which may provide them insight on how to fix this one, relating to their last fix.

In the end, you may know how to fix it your way, but is it really the doc way which will please DOC?

1 Like

Changes don’t always mean “pleasing” the people. Changes may be annoying at some times, for example the “arrest reports.”

You’re going to need someone from the outside to handle major internal issues as there’s not going to be one solid “definitive” way to “end” the issue.

All I can do is attempt to prevent the issues from spreading, etc. Nobody can “end” an issue, it’s just not possible. I wan’t to at least put a “pause” to the issues.

Sure, maybe a person inside can help DOC, but the people in DOC wouldn’t see the issues like anyone else would, in a child department, etc.

1 Like

Sometimes you need the “its my way or the highway” mentality in a department. You don’t need to please people 24/7, you need to make sure the department is functioning at its best. If people don’t like it, there’s a leave group button.

Edit: in this case its more of a “It’s our way or the highway” thing but you get my point (I hope)

2 Likes

@ItzTeddy_Bear Fun fact, I actually read Habitudes as well. I actually included some of those things in my campaign.

1 Like

Great discussion. You are really opening up my views on this.

I just want to clear something up.

I didn’t mean that the changes should please the people, what I meant was that the changes would be by DOC PEOPLE, which WOULD please the people.

Again, changes are annoying sometimes, but if it’s performed by someone who is their kind, they have more trust and less anxiety towards the situation. I know what you’re gonna say, “If changes need to be made, so be it.” But that doesn’t help the department at all. Changes may be awesome, helping the functionality of the department, but changes by someone who they don’t trust will just cause issues.

When you are stepping in and solving it, it is causing all of this. People angry, having hate to you, etc.

1 Like

That’s great. I was truly inspired by the series to think critically and think in a better view as in leadership.

1 Like

Thus is why he’s currently working to build trust with FDOC employees.

1 Like

I have already began speaking on a personal level with a few CO’s regarding what they like to do, etc. It’s something to do to gain their trust, and overall have responsibility with your position.

1 Like

I still think sub-cabinet members should be confirmed by the Senate.

1 Like

Right.

However, AGAIN this transition is rough.

So to prevent this rough transition, again, having him GUIDE the HICOMM, not do it for them.

1 Like

And the hate towards me is uncalled for as I haven’t done anything wrong, nor has anyone matter of fact.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

That’s what I’m doing

Edit: I plan on working with the HICOM individually working on issues that need to be fixed. Everyone needs to pitch in.

Sure, there’s great parts of DOC, but there’s also parts that have flaws, and need to be fixed.

Which is ultimately why I’m here.

1 Like

Maybe making that intention more visible to the public?

Right now, you have intentions. But the problem is, no one knows what those intentions are, thus causing some anxiety within the department.

Going on a personal level with SOME COs is great, but the public needs to know that.

1 Like

I know, making those intentions visible is also hard.

Especially if you don’t know what exactly needs to be done right now.

1 Like