National Security Crisis (MUST READ!)

Unless we planning to make perm badge numbers for every employee each LEO department gets, the current way we do things is fine

2 Likes

Your concerns have been heard, and this rule has been nerfed to allow departments to deal with this. If it is justified at all to ignore a request for a name and badge request, you should be allowed to ignore it (such as in an emergency).

1 Like

On an actual police badge they’d have your callsign engraved into it hence the term “Name and Badge” its purely for rp.

1 Like

this isn’t a problem.
maximus, or any post director that i’ve served under (timshep07 - present) has never abused their certification revocation powers. any time the director wants to revoke someones certification, it is put up for a administrative vote, and if the person is in high-standings, maybe even an instructors+ vote. post has always been able to do this.
also @DannyboyJurist if the courts get to decide the fate of someones certification, this is giving the courts more power, which they dont need.
legit, the supreme court has the power to overrule almost anything and everything they want. this isn’t needed, its un-needed, and its just a scapegoat for you people to point your fingers at POST and say “their the bad ones! even though this officer shot at an unarmed person in cold blood because he ran a red light doesn’t mean his certification should be revoked! arrgghh!!”

let me tell you, in my 1 year service of post, i have only ever witnessed about 10 certification revokes, and that was from shit like murder, crime, rogue, ect.

you people just want something to point your fingers at, point your fingers at our community, POST has been receiving more and more 12 year old fortnite squeakers ever since class 30+. theres nothing we can do about it.

2 Likes

Just because max tim and others have good fate doesn’t mean everyone in the future does. This is asking for checks and balances not just lets hope this person doesn’t fuck up.

1 Like

In short, how big is the problem for them of suspending/revoking the POST certificate of someone (LEOs) for not giving something as simple as his identity or Name and Badge?

1 Like

and ruining their entire career

1 Like

I have never read the oath, but if doing that leads to breaking the oath, what is the problem? Lengthen the process of giving you (The one who broke the oath/rule) a punishment for committing such an act?

1 Like

It is their problem if they are afraid to give his/her identity to someone.

1 Like

in the nicest way possible
if you think what you suggested is adding checks and balances, your more high than me on a fucking saturday
this is giving the courts more power
not like they have a bunch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
right?

this is unneeded, and if this passes, or a system like it, i will literally spam every single congressperson to retire it

1 Like

I also consider this unnecessary, they know perfectly that they must show their identity (I dont know at a 100%) when it is requested.

2 Likes

yall remember when a representative tried to establish this, an you all shut it down?

yeah, anyone who says now we need it, you can go fuck right off

2 Likes

and the only reason this is an issue to begin with

is cause you fuckers keep bringing it up, and giving the people who want attention, the attention they want

1 Like

I never said the word “court” once but please crawl into my esophagus and spew out more words since you seem to enjoy doing so.

1 Like

a supreme court case said name and badge = name and call sign if you’re looking for the legal grounds

anyways this is stupid to get mad at the director for doing something that is fully just and within periscope of the law. the director is obviously going to understand situations are different and he’ll adjust to that on his own accord, no need to nerf an already dying POST

1 Like

a committee would be simply too slow and eventually die like every other comittee we’ve ever had

firearms comittee? barely works because the law is so fucking confusing & nobody wants to put effort into it

elections comittee? dead, sadly.

congress investigations committee? dead.

committees simply don’t work in a block game

1 Like

my best solution is probably to simply just allow for a cert revoke to be challenged in court. director keeps all of his powers. if it’s a BS revoke lawsuit is filed. simple as that. courts only can reinstate or uphold revoke, no additional powers outside of the case

2 Likes

this. this right here.

1 Like

no no nothing needs to go through courts or anything, it’s so unnecessary and isn’t needed

throughout the past few years i’ve been here POST has always had this power and they’ve never used it in a malicious way. if anything they had this at their prime, why take it away now when they’re not even doing as good?

i’ve seen it first hands that dept heads do nothing about reports, so post should take the initiative and deal with it bc clearly departments cant

heres how it should ideally work:
you got your cert from post
you can lose your cert from post

being an leo isn’t a right but rather a privilege and they have the right to say “yeah this guy isn’t fit to be an leo anymore”

5 Likes

jesus, how hard is it to say “Name…Badge”

1 Like