My governor farewell, fun classic stories & slight rant

I hate to get so sad and disappointed over this. I’ve had a good career here in Firestone and I feel like I’ve been cheated, you never hear about this result in any story. Before I begin I want you to know it is so difficult to write this. Anyways I’ve been pretty blessed and gifted to be able to serve as a politician in this state for so long. What kept me here, I’m not sure, more on that later but my career was nearly over before it began. In 2016 I was elected to my first County Council position, I was only 12. Things hit harder when you’re young and when my bills were failing left and right on the county level I wanted to quit and I nearly did. I was backstabbed on multiple occasions at this time which was frustrating for my young mind. But I learned a valuable lesson, trust those only that are willing to exhibit the same level of trust as you’re willing to give. Fast forward after my successful House term I ran for County Executive where I fought off my nemesis QuickHead555 (we’re actually great friends) and I won. I was very happy in that position overcoming multiple obstacles and barriers. It was tougher than most people think, especially with my work ethic and standards. The County was in it’s first, and last golden age. I learned to love the job and served a total of 4 terms as County Executive throughout 2017 and 2018. I met my best friend through this entire career as County Executive, Governor Butsworth who was a breath of fresh air for the County and was willing to help me defend it. He also convinced me to wake the hell up and realize how destructive and foolish the Democratic party has become and is continuing to become, at this time I switched my affiliation to Republican and this lays out my personality and policies from here on out. I tried my best to keep the county intact and functional because every County Executive after me had no passion or commitment towards the job. (up until recent cough elite_creations you’re doing good) Which the county was later abolished despite my efforts to convince congress to not abolish the County, that it is capable of so much more. But Congress is Congress and they didn’t take me seriously or listen to the general public, see a trend? Even when the County was reinstated I lost most of the things I did prior to the abolishment and so did the prior County Executives. Roblox was also no help as they removed forums so we couldn’t use our former legislation, so we started from scratch! My policies I started when I was elected as County Executive can still be seen today.

Leaving lots of House terms out I was on an empty path, my career was dying as I was at a dead-end job for nearly a year, DOBW Secretary which was my own goddamn mistake. I gave my resume to Governor Canine as I wanted to get into the cabinet and state government and I chose the easiest and most useless position. I tried my best to do the most with the resources given but it was no use. Then finally the long reign of Canine was over which I envy, Sharkfish82 was skeptical of running for Governor but I convinced him we can run together to build the state and move forward with progress. I campaigned for so many hours in the county to grab every vote, talk to everyone and uniquely message tons of citizens to cast their ballots for Shark and I. It was to say the least, mentally exhausting as nobody else besides our supporters was helping me out! Skye_Jones & Jefrafra can relate to this. Nonetheless, like every election I’ve run in, I won. This was severely negative to my ego. As Lieutenant Governor I did my best to be the best Presiding Officer in the Senate’s history. I suppose I did this to an extent but it was tough as Shark, as we know, was rather inactive and didn’t do much as Governor so essentially I was doing both Governor and Lieutenant Governor it felt to me. No disrespect to Shark, he revived my career and is a great friend of mine.

With the term over I was exhausted and dissatisfied, but generally, the public seemed to like us mostly. So I decided it’s now or never for me to run for the final step in Firestone, I scrambled to find a running mate but eventually deciding on Hecxtro, which was a risk as he was Liberal and I am a Conservative, but I love a balanced and centrist government to try to make everybody happy. He also has an… interesting personality. We ran a great campaign except there was one problem, I didn’t get to do much to the campaign manifesto, I didn’t have my own say or promises I set for myself to complete, I kept silent about this. When we won I had a surge of energy in the first month and plowed through stuff yielding great results. Everything was going generally well. But then the war. Atoll is and was a destructive and cancerous state I had the misfortune of happening to deal with. To be frank, if any of the candidates we ran against were in that situation we still probably would’ve ended up with war. It was destiny to put it. Nice guys never win and I was basically that up to this point. I wasn’t going to have the state which I love to be pushed around by that anarchical government and toxicity. I did what needed to be done and I thank FNG for living up to the task, the best of the best. I have no regrets on that part.

From this point on I began to lose motivation in my work, I was unpopular or at least hearing the only unpopular opinions about me. It seemed that nobody was with me and had my back, not even my own Lieutenant Governor. Hecxtro you’re a good guy, talented legislator, funny personality and not afraid to speak your mind however during this time I needed at least your support more than anything I needed someone to be with me 100%. We did lots of good things in my term but I honestly feel like it wasn’t enough. Big things like letting criminals start, run and own businesses, helped found the G4, revive the judiciary branch, get the FBI that was forced upon us established, (which Hecxtro helped lots on), Treaties with other foreign nations, that sort of thing. However the term felt so quick, I felt like I did a shitty job to this point and what frustrates me the most is that people don’t understand how mentally demanding and damaging that job is to you. Why do you think only 3 governors out of 22 have ever completed a full term? Now myself I have a very big brain. I can handle this stuff in moderation and you have to complete a balance of the two.

So my message to Governor B_ear and to the citizens don’t let fucking ROBLOX consume you. I was devastated to lose this election cause I invested so much time into this group, I am not satisfied with some of the work I could’ve done or that was in progress and people don’t understand how much I could’ve done with a second term, I would’ve achieved everything I want and retire in peace on a good note. But despite 2020 being a worldwide bad year I am personally having a great one finding that balance has helped me get a good-paying job, being able to make more time for my family, friends and my girlfriend. I want to get the message from me across to everyone that I was a very active Governor with lots of micromanaging and small little decisions and steps that will be noticeable in the time coming.

What’s next? I don’t know I’ll probably run for Governor again. I enjoy the work, it’s fun for me and I feel good knowing that someone appreciates me and the work I do to try to make the state better. All the messages I received after my devastating loss reassured this and made me a bit emotional knowing that through the internet you can make friends and connections and these people care about you like any other friend. Anyway I know I can get elected to the Senate because the way we elect our congressional members is broken! You didn’t think I’d forget about this, did you? Since I’m not Governor I can openly shit-talk the last couple terms of Congress. Some of you guys are great but a lot of you don’t make decisions for the general public, you make them for yourself knowing there are no consequences as you take advantage of our undemocratic elections. This term we MUST limit congressional seats, number 1 priority for me. Also, Congress has failed an astronomical amount of legislation that the general public overwhelmingly supports. Things need to change.

Anyway, I pulled a bit of Canine rant some history about me and what is next for me. Also one more thing… This is literally the most hurtful thing I’ve ever written about me. 97% of this is not true but I will give them one thing. I often blame the left because I am Conservative and most of the people who despise me oppose my affiliation. (and it’s fun to sort of be known as the donald trump of firestone) but this hurts people!

Also, please stop the #NOTMYGOVERNOR protests, you’re literally acting like Clinton supporters and SJW’s when you do this. I get some of you really supported me and wanted to see me win but it’s no way to act, things turned out the way things turned out. I’ll be around, I may be down but I am not out, Ash is never out.

P.s

im not depressed ok, sure im upset i lost the election but im not gonna like seek attention and threatening this and doing this it’s stupid and anyone who does that is literally a keemstar. I get i was a bit butthurt about the election because i never lost an election, so i was just in shock. I hope to play my winning playlist in 4 months and you can give me a second chance as your governor.

33 Likes

[blank stare]
o7

6 Likes

love you ash dont let anyone get under your skin about it. or anything. you were amazing. <3

-nicole <3

6 Likes

o7

my great canadian friend from Manitoba, you will be missed, a true VIP in FS

7 Likes

Hey ash.

I’d once again like to show my gratitude to you and the time in which you served us as governor. Thank you ash. I wish you the greatest of luck in your future endeavours.

o7

17 Likes

love you

6 Likes

o7

5 characters

7 Likes

I’ve known you since 2016. You’re a great guy with great leadership skills. I believe you were a great Governor during your term, and was saddened to find out that you lost this election.

Don’t let this one election make you lose hope. Come back stronger next election, if you choose to run. I saw you running for house of reps, and I’m almost certain you would make a great Representative.

Keep your head up man.

6 Likes

o7

5char

4 Likes

being lt governor was hell

gl in Congress

12 Likes

didn’t see that google doc till now but it honestly speaks the truth.

i don’t know why you’re acting like firestone f’ed you over, you did it to yourself. i’m pretty sure you’re the first incumbent governor to lose an election ash. i’m not trying to hate on you but rather provide criticism that can hopefully benefit both you and state.

i understand that you’re upset but you cannot be inactive your entire term and make a bunch of promises then expect to be elected.

sorry if this hurt your feelings or whatever but you’re playing victim like someone hurt you.

with that said i do believe you’re a good person with potential, this isn’t meant to be a rude comment

5 Likes

Good luck in Congress, friend. I appreciate everything you’ve done for the State, and for our campaign. I as well, am very disappointed with outcome, but hey, maybe next time we can try again! HINT Once again thank you, and love you bud

Your good friend,
Joshernaut

6 Likes

love ya :heart:

swag
scfd fireman

5 Likes

o7 ash. i enjoyed being your sec state

5 Likes

Despite the lost tonight you put up a good campaign, I wish you the absolute best in Congress and it was a honor serving as a Senator under you and Hecxtro.

7 Likes

o7 ash. good luck in senate :heart:

5 Likes

stop being so salt and suck it up

you losing an election isnt you being “cheated,” it’s the people deciding they didn’t like what you had to bring to the table and wanted a change of pace

i’m not sure what you expected when you spent the term writing speeches about the “economy” and “military strength” and getting us into a literal war with an irrelevant ass state after promising neutrality during your campaign. that’s not even opening the whole G4 can of worms, treating aigio and new york state as if either of them deserve a seat at the diplomatic table

i understand that the governor job sucks ass. i did it for 2 terms in rockport myself. thats why i have never and will never run for governor myself in firestone – it is the shittiest fucking job in the entire state. still, it is a job you chose to do and it is a job that you ran for re-election to continue to do. you can’t use the hardships as an excuse for failure to execute when you are actively deciding to remain in the position

i like you, but i do not like at all how you have handled this loss. you have looked like nothing but a sore loser and you have embarrassed the office of the governor in doing so. please adjust yourself.

good luck with the future of your career

17 Likes

Love you Ash, :heart: (No homo) Definitely one of the best Governors this state has seen, I also love your mindset and the way you view things politically, I’ll be looking forward to things you plan to do in the future, good luck! (Also keep in mind that a lot of people love you for the things you have done to this state, just block out the haters and move on, and most importantly always stay humble). o7

4 Likes

o7,

i hope we cross paths again.

6 Likes

I love you for this

5 Likes