Monetary Compensation

it’s easier to dodge minuscule, one-time citations than it is to dodge large-sum mandatory payouts…

2 Likes

You’re comparing tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars to maybe only a few hundred at most.

The same argument can’t be made at all. Your argument pales in comparison to your suggestion.

2 Likes

Let’s say person x buys 1k FSD (or however much you can buy).

Over the course of one day, he stacks up enough citations to the cost of 1k FSD. Surely that’s also scamming him out of his robux…

Sure he had a choice of what he could do with the money he spent robux on.

Now let’s say person y buys 10k FSD, violates a contract, and following a trial, gets ordered to pay that 10k FSD.

He still had the choice of what to do with the money he spent robux on, to an extent, and he decided to violate a contract.

The point is that at the end of the day, it could be counted as gambling eitherway, no matter the amount.

2 Likes

aigio doesn’t sell funds, im pretty sure they just started selling cosmetics for your cars recently

2 Likes

Did you stop to consider that maybe players will leave the community once they realize the courts are leaving players hundreds of thousands in debt to other players?

3 Likes

A limit could be put in place as to how much can be ordered to be payed. I’d say 50k is a reasonable amount, maybe 25 or 30k.

2 Likes

The average Firestone citizen makes 8/2. That’s 208.3 hours (8.6 days) of earned income. It’s unreasonable and unfair.

I refuse to hand over money that I paid with robux for just because I’ve been ordered to by a lego court.

4 Likes

You obviously didn’t watch the stream last night because people were donating thousands at a time.
Additionally, the courts should take into account the financial position of the person.

I could say the exact same thing about someone violating a contract, for example.

2 Likes

I watched the stream last night, but you seem deluded if you think that the line between players deciding who to give money to is one the Courts is free to step over.

In addition, I congratulate you on implying that maybe 5 to 10 people in FS (wealthy business owners/longtime members) compare to the income ability to the rest of the state.

Furthermore, there is no monetary contract worth 10k in Firestone, and you’d have a hard time proving such.

3 Likes

The average FS citizen does not sign a contract either.

There we go, so we wouldn’t need to even touch the limit of 25k or whatever.

I refer back to this statement

The courts can decide to send you to prison for hours soooo

2 Likes

Nobody here said that was okay.

2 Likes

Well we seem to have accepted that at this point.

I’m going to end this pointless argument here. We’ll see if it’s against community rules. If it is then fair enough. If it isn’t then that’s interesting, and maybe we can continue discussing this idea then.

2 Likes

How does that have any affect on what is a violation of the terms of service and what is not?
The entire basis for this argument is the arbitrary belief that ROBLOX will ban any group from taking any amount of money against a user’s will.

If this truly were a matter of “Terms of Service” then Fedora would be just as concerned over citations as he is over court ordered payments.

4 Likes

The maximum for citations is $1000. Who said the courts would issue more than that? Just as the developers are able to limit hours in jail, they can also limit fine amounts.

4 Likes

in order for monetary compensation to work, fed would have to remove the ability to buy cash for robux

3 Likes

Because?

2 Likes

If you sued a department, who would pay the damages?

2 Likes

but what damages… all assets in the game respawn right back…

2 Likes

In Aigio the courts can transfer money from the “government” (back when Aigio had a budget system this actually came from the budget but now it’s just a “thing” that produces money).

A similar system could be done here

2 Likes

Wrongful termination, suspension, etc.

2 Likes