Make the v3 Prison More Like a Work Camp

As you all know, the v2 prison resembles that of a maximum security institution. However, what if we made it more like a work camp in v3? Some examples of said thing:

A Florida Woman’s Work Camp
wc

With court sentenced inmates kinda boned due to the small yard and useless cafeteria, I feel this could make things better for DOC and inmates. Maybe have like a rock breaking yard, lumber, agriculture, manufacturing area, etc. Would be some great RP.

You could also add a high security wing and give DOC the ability to classify inmates into such.
@TheFurryFish @FederalLaw

18 Likes

Super interesting take- I like it! I know Fed had discussed having “minimum security” and “maximum security,” so I think it would be really cool to allow compliant prisoners the ability to “work” while those who are disobedient get sent to maximum security. It would also give DoC a more practical job instead of “glitch patrol,” and occasional shootouts. I’m certain it’s as boring for them as it seems.

9 Likes

Same opinion as Jef.

2 Likes

We’ve been able to find some ways to make it less boring (tours, prisoner visitations, etc), but it is indeed difficult with the current development we have. This would definitely be a new and interesting experience for us and I’m sure it would be a huge improvement for the prisoners. If they actually had more to do, I’m certain glitching out would go down.

7 Likes

inb4 prison riot with axes and pickaxes from the work camp

2 Likes

M4 v axe is easy win

3 Likes

are you saying to give prisoners something to do or u just want some free slave labor

2 Likes

Work Camp, more like Concentration Camp. But in all seriousness, I like it.

2 Likes

I just hope the v3 prison isn’t designed so archaically like the v2 one is. An infirmary, smaller blocks, less cell time, etc. would all be cool to see.

3 Likes

The thing is, DOC isn’t always online

3 Likes

@DannyboyJurist possibly allowing inmates to earn money in jail / a tracker to the amount of work they do in order to reduce their sentence?

3 Likes

Currently the only thing prisoners can do is make soup, play with a invisible ball at the court yard, and go AFK in their cell. I believe they get 15 seconds off their prison time. This would be a great idea to have more things for the prisoners to do.

3 Likes

both, its a win-win : )

3 Likes

I deleted my post because it was necropost but still Department of Corrections staff just sit around at the entrance protecting it for no reason while inmates sit inside rotting, not allowed into the yard, canteen, or even general common area by the guards. I doubt the Department of Corrections will change their mind and follow through with doing actually work by taking inmates out of their cells as that is to much of a “security risk”

3 Likes

well sometimes we dont have enough correctional officers on duty to take out x1 inmate out of the cell and transport them outside or to the kitchen, and yes most times we are unfortunately placed on lockdown b due to criminals shooting us up everyday and shooting us up won’t help the prisoners with anything, it will just lead them into having to wait and what you said “rot” due to us being outside with the lockdown a/b/c

2 Likes

At least allowing them in the common area with the doors locked in their I feel would be somewhat better because of communication with other inmates. /shrug

3 Likes

most times we bring them out their cell they do something dumb which would lead them to go back to their cell, some inmates are also blacklisted from being allowed to exit and so yea, we just following procedure. :wink:

2 Likes

am i blacklisted from being allowed to exit my cell ;(

3 Likes

not sure but most times you are probably in the correctional facility a lockdown b is probably on which would then result in u not being allowed to exit ur cell

2 Likes

Ok but i suggest to the hiccom on a serious note to update the procedures for lockdowns as in what inmates can and cannot do during each lockdown because it is hard for civs to break into the prison as far as i know

3 Likes