Let's talk about SCSO

SCSO has had an FTO program in the past, twice while I’ve been in in the department. It was removed due to it not being run correctly and it was hated by almost everyone in the department. The process of a probationary deputy was too long so it was removed.

A BDT is there to give the new employees the policy knowledge in order for them to do their jobs correctly in a professional manner. I was a fan of FTO as it would have helped me when I joined however, it has its limitations and issues. And you’d be surprised about some of the POST cadets that join. Time after time I see them saying “I never learned this” or “My Instructor never told me this.”

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback. I am still open to suggestions.

2 Likes

SCSO is not on enough.

1 Like

how, i see tons of scso on daily

4 Likes

I see way more SCSO than FSP

1 Like

The Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office was by far the most hated LEO department when I first joined Firestone.

Then ever since you became the Sheriff, the hate for the department suddenly just vanished.

You have done a lot for the department and I have massive respect for you :heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

You’ve come a far away and I just want to give you a hug and kiss you all night long you sexy beast.

Signed,

4 Likes

Legislation was made establishing “better” pay it just never was enforced

1 Like

I personally think the BDT should have a whole new curriculum. Our current curriculum takes a minimum of two to four hours which is sometimes stressful for both the instructors and the probies. It basically reviews everything that was taught in POST and the only new thing it teach are SCSO policies and structure. What the BDT really need to teach is what’s on the field and what POST does not teach. Back in the beginning of this year when I was a Deputy First Class, every Deputy in SCSO are required to retake the BDT. The BDT is said to be a “new curriculum”, but I found little difference to the BDT compared to the old one. They still taught the same stuff but it’s shorter. I would like to see some changes to the curriculum.

@Noctilate then do what FSP did with the 2 ride along system. We have failed multiple people already that would’ve passed a BTT

Ey! That’s offensive. I was the last Director, but to be honest I had under a week to do a shit with the division. But yeah, waste of time it was.

Now I actually wanna be in SCSO

I don’t hear a lot of praise about SWAT anymore – and, in from experience I’ve had with SWAT recently, I definitely don’t think they’re as good as they used to be. I’d suggest making SWAT even stricter on mistakes and decrease the size of it as well. It should feel like an elite unit in my opinion, but I see that SWAT just doesn’t have the efficiency, maturity, or skill that it used to have.

Of course, none of this is meant to offend any deputies in SWAT – I just feel that SWAT has been lacking recently.

When I was in SWAT there was a lot of immaturity on discord voice during callouts and standby. It was surprising to me that it was so laid back and chill. Then when something happened? Not everyone was ready to act.

Trust me, I 100% agree with you, and I, along with the commander, am effectively working to make SWAT a very elite division that fulfills their duties within the county.

if we completely rechange the department, then we either have to shut down for the time being or do all of the changes over a long period of time. I think slight changes should be made over-time so we can still be operational and change as we go.

Hello. Im Sergeant BangaBus_Quit of the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office,

Back when SCSO had our FTO (Field Training Operations) Program it seemed to help a lot with deputies knowing what they are doing. It reduced ‘competency’ a lot and our deputies felt more comfortable with their duties. On top of this it took away the deputies that couldn’t manage being in the department because you needed to pass this as it was required,
Im my personal views the department has grown a shit ton and will continue to under the leadership we have right now. Regardless of weather it happens tomorrow or in a month we will improve where we need to.

If you have any questions feel free to message me!

BangaBus_Quit#7381
Sergeant of the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office

Thanks for reading!

should I do post
I feel like it’s boring

please

I rather you become a LEO then become a representative

lol shutup salty boy