LEO's shooting VA'ers in a Pursuit (Unarmed VA'er)

What are your opinions on law enforcement shooting at vehicles just cause they vehicular assaulted them in a pursuit. I get it, its realistic and pretty much lawful but in the end it is just a game and everybody is here to have fun but what are your opinions on this?

6 Likes

I honestly believe VAing shouldn’t immediately authorize full lethal force (unless they slam into you on the sidewalk, hit a scene, etcetc)

in my opinion it should only be authorized if they purposefully try desyncing you/running you into a crowd off the road & not if they slightly tap you

I’ve been seeing lately that some LEO’s jump in front of vehicles in order to get run over to “allow” lethal force

9 Likes

problem is you have to draw the line in legal text, which is difficult and would require LEOs to have a lot of faith in their understanding and judgement of the law and situation

7 Likes

You running over an officer (or attempting) is the fault of only your own.

You can report this to their command, I am pretty sure POST doesn’t teach this and the only time I ever stand in front of a vehicle is as DOC to prevent it from slamming into our checkpoint.

5 Likes

If they weren’t able to use lethal force it’d be very hard to maintain a roleplaying atmosphere.

5 Likes

DOJ and a lot of attorneys have already said they aren’t protected from being held criminally liable in that scenario

7 Likes

its not like suicide is illegal

8 Likes

no but you purposely jumping in front of a moving vehicle to shoot it is

5 Likes

i mean to be honest you basically could,

try it as 2nd degree murder i suppose

5 Likes

manslaughter or negligent homicide could be a better charge to try

5 Likes

It is rare to convict a LEO for an on duty shooting with a charge that requires malice or premeditation

5 Likes

negligent homicide yes

manslaughter there is no premeditation or malicious intent.

but i mean 2nd degree is w/ malicious intent, lacking premeditation.

malicious intent is “without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful act that will result in harm to another. it is the intent to harm or do some evil purpose.”

i think 2nd deg murder and negligent could work fine

5 Likes

US law definitions aren’t always applicable in FS law- thats like a LEO trying to justify shooting a fleeing shooter with Tennessee v. Garner in FS court

5 Likes

im not using US law.

the definition of malicius intent i put isn’t even u.s law.

nor is the 2nd degree.

the 2nd degree definition is taken from the crim code.

5 Likes

I dont see a single bill establishing that definition for our criminal code

3 Likes

ok lets not use a .com

lets use a .edu of cornell law school

3 Likes

guess what

no bill establishes it, and ever will.

and it doesnt have to be a definition for the criminal code.

courts would supply the lay definition of “malice” contributed by the merriam webster

and again, 2nd degree doesn’t require premeditation, it just lacks it.

3 Likes

Excuse me?

3 Likes

2nd DEGREE MURDER DEFINITION FROM THE F.S CRIM CODE:

THAT I USED! in this FORUM!!

Second degree murder shall be the act of directly causing a death of another person with malicious intent, lacking premeditation.

3 Likes

he quoted something then tried to twist it so, my bad for that.

and a .com website isn’t to be trusted as u.s law

courts would use this ^

3 Likes