Legal debate topic: Kidnapping on busses

Legal discussion regarding kidnapping on DoT busses.
Let’s say you were on a bus, and you wanted to leave, but the bus driver only drops people off at a bus stop. In a way that means you can’t get off the bus unless you were at a stop, that also means the driver won’t let you leave when you want to.

Kidnapping definition “The act of intentionally abducting an individual.
Would it meet that standard? DoT Transportation is made to drive people around to bus stops not by mistake but intentionally but Section 2A states
If anyone is worth to get in another individual’s vehicle randomly and accuse them
of kidnapping when not, shall be disregarded. The owner of the vehicle shall have the full right
to request law enforcement personnel to removal an individual who refuses to get out of a person’s vehicle

But the thing is
If anyone is worth to get in another individual’s vehicle randomly
What if someone asked you for candy and they asked for you to get in the car?
Or if someone randomly asked you if you want a ride somewhere and they kidnap you. Would it be kidnapping in this case on a DoT Bus?
I wish to know your thoughts on this

1 Like

Can a rep just amend the kidnapping bill to exclude government vehicles or something?

1 Like

Prison Transport…kidnapping…

12 Likes

:thinking: that also counts in a way
we need someone to answer this

1 Like

abducted = taken against your will

not that hard

if you willfully got on a bus your not being abducted u mongrol

5 Likes

okay anchoring people in the bus is so it doesn’t glitch/fling. chill

1 Like

even if it got to court the judge should have the common sense to recognize that they entered that bus on their own accord and therefore consented to being under DOT policy for the bus. if the driver were to actually kidnap them they aint gonna get shit done in a bus unless they’re lagging harder than nooba

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder how Jason became a senate

1 Like

It’s a legal debate topic. I just want thoughts and answers on this. Nothing else.

1 Like

Aye man use my bill talk thread :triumph:

1 Like

mark said even though he wouldn’t want to, he would sign a warrant for kidnapping if he saw a bus driver not stopping in the middle of the Sahara desert to let you of and only telling you can get off at the next stop

1 Like

Because the current kidnapping bill allows for it. Politicians should try fixing that instead of making dumb threads.

1 Like

that is correct

How the kidnapping bill is worded makes it technically kidnapping if the bus driver intentionally refuses to let off an individual. That would in technical terms to how the bill is worded would be kidnapping. Doesn’t matter if the individual got onto the bus with there own will, if the individual is explicitly telling the driver to let them off the bus and the driver ignores/intentionally refuses then that would be kidnapping period.

Judges are confirmed by the senate to execute there jobs and enforce the law. I’m not here to use “common sense” im here to read the bills and interpret/enforce them as they should be. Doesn’t matter what you think is morally right or wrong I don’t want to make warrants for kidnapping and I don’t plan on it, but if an individual requests one I have a job to sign that warrant if it indeed has a Probable Cause with Probable Cause worthy evidence.

Until an amendment is made I can’t “grant warrant immunity’s”.

Sorry but the law is law and I can’t “go around it” or use any “common sense” when I read it and enforce it.

1 Like

I won’t comment on that specific topic unless needed.

/shrug

1 Like

I asked this question in the Firestone Discord as a total and complete joke, and now judges are in my DMs asking about specifics presumably for warrant purposes.

Epic job you did there man.

2 Likes

Well joke or not you brung up a good point that should’ve been brought up before buses were added.

1 Like

it’s still just to show…you guys take everything seriously…too seriously at times.

1 Like

Well taking things seriously is our jobs last time I checked.

1 Like

no…just no

1 Like

yes… just yes…

1 Like