Signed,
Secretary of State,
Cenosity

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Mama kay supports!

4 Likes

Although I agree with most of your idea surrounding a military court, I’m a little bit confused by what you mean when you say we have unchecked power. FNG is as accountable to the justice department as any other department is. Can you please elaborate on this?

2 Likes

Absolutely!

Nearly every action taken by the Firestone Department of Justice must be verified in a court of law. For example, the Department of Justice cannot imprison someone without verification by the court (by means of a conviction). As another example, any decision regarding a firearms license made by the Firestone Firearms Commission (which is essentially under the Department of Justice) can be challenged in a court of law.

The Department of Public Safety has oversight into SCSO, SCFD, FSP, DoC, DoT, and DPW. Additionally, they have a lot of authority when it comes to POST certifications, and thus, can indirectly terminate an employee from DHS.

The Firestone National Guard, however, is only overseen by the Governor. While it is important that the Governor (as the commander of the National Guard) has oversight into FNG, it is also imperative it has another less-biased check. Due to mandated classification, if FNG is behaving inappropriately (though I certainly hope that is not the case), there is no authority to do anything presuming the Governor is involved. However, establishing a military court and a legally binding code of conduct for FNG employees will allow a system to both ensure employees are treated fairly and FNG behaves themselves. As a military court would be established under the judicial branch, it would serve as a check from a completely separate branch of government.

If you still need further explanation, I’d be happy to go into more detail.

3 Likes

Thank you for the response, it makes more sense now.

Another question I have, would this court be compromised of civilian judges or will the judges be members of the guard like real life?

Furthermore, will the military court be tasked to hear court martials within FNG (i.e. the hearings for violations of military law)? If so, will discharges that are other than honorable go through military court?

3 Likes

My current intentions are for Justices of the Military Court to be made up of individuals whom are bar certified (and subsequently, show strong competence in jurisprudence and judicial procedure) as well as have a fair amount of experience in the Firestone National Guard. I am intending for the DoJ to create a Judge Advocate General office, and thus, I imagine a large amount of the judge pool will come from that.

My intention are for the judges to be, technically speaking, employees of FNG. With that said, they will not be subject to standard employment regulations (Hobo_Bear could not simply terminate a Military Judge). With that being said, as this position is moderately powerful, but with a restricted jurisdiction as compared to a normal court justice, I’d like for it to be considered a secondary position rather than a voluntary position. This should prevent any one person from obtaining, and especially misusing, too much power.

I do intend to establish a Firestone Code of Military Conduct which the military court will be permitted to hear matters regarding. Below, I have included a short list of matters that I’d like to see the military court preside over.

• Violations of state law that occur on the FNG base
  • Violations of the Firestone Code of Military Conduct
  • Interpretations of the Firestone Code of Military Conduct (non-disciplinary)
  • Hearings for individuals who wish to depart the Firestone National Guard prior to their contract expiring.

I’d also like to note that this court would be an equivalent to the District Court of Firestone, not an inferior court. Appeals from the Military Court would go to the Supreme Court (or if eventually implemented, the Appeals Court and then the Supreme Court).

4 Likes

Thank you again. There already exists a code of conduct for the national guard that works well to how we’ve been operating. If you plan on overhauling it or reworking it, will you be working alongside the general staff to do this?

2 Likes

Of course. It is my understanding that the current code is merely policy rather than law. I’d like for the new code to be legally binding.

3 Likes

Hey wait a minute is this sentence pointed at me. I have you know that I graduated top of the line as a cub scout :eyes:

Also skye needs to make up her mind! image

But regardless of all of that. I support.

3 Likes

Do you plan on making use of a CoS and/or maybe changing it’s responsibilities or are you just planning on getting rid of it and/or not hiring one?

2 Likes

I intend to change the role of Lieutenant Governor to a moderate extent. While she will still be tasked with leading the Senate, she will more importantly serve as a co-leader and assist me with day-to-day tasks.

I currently do not have any intention of hiring a Chief of Staff as Skye and I are both micro-managers. However, the final decision will be made once I have the opportunity to evaluate my work load.

Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

Support!

but…

I can tell you based on my experience that this isn’t necessarily the single issue with the academy. You are kinda leaving out another critical issue, which is cadets/enrollment - something that post has always struggled with. Usually too little or too little good quality cadets. Copying and pasting isn’t even close to being a problem. It’s been done for almost all of post history (even as a success) and is still being done in successful academies like LETI - so that can’t be.

To fix post, you need to address the right problems - can’t leave anything out or address the wrong things. Other than that, your campaign is looking great and I wish you the best of luck

3 Likes

Thanks for your perspective! If we want our solution to be effective, then we’re going to have to hear the thoughts from pretty much every group with a stake in POST – current administration, recent graduates, cadets, instructors, and former Directors like yourself.

If you have any concerns that you’d like to discuss with us to see about implementing new things or alterations in our plans, do feel free to contact Jef (Jefrafra#2222) or myself (princess skye!!#9640) on Discord.

Skye Jones
Attorney General

3 Likes

Support, I really like the judge mentorship idea as well.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I will not be supporting nor endorsing these candidates. Your plans seem fairly broad, and aren’t very expansive. 99% of these goals can be completed within just a few days, leaving you with nothing else to do throughout the term. tl;dr they’re short-term, and once they’re done you’ll basically just sit around the rest of the term.

It also seems as if both of these candidates took their recent positions with little to no intent on properly serving them and taking them seriously (Associate Justice of the Supreme Court & Attorney General). Skye_Jones has been Attorney General for a brief, 18 days now. Jefrafra on the other hand, has served a total of 23 days. I’d like to express my extreme disappointment in both of these individuals for seemingly requesting the nominations with the sole intent on adding on more titles to their resumes & “experiences”.

9 Likes

Your statements are not factual.

I departed my position from Attorney General (taking a step down) to Associate Justice of the Supreme Court as it was quite clear the Supreme Court was severely struggling with low interpretation. It is my goal to pursue the position in which I can do the most good for the state. In this case, as the Governor, I can use both influence and raw permitted actions in order to benefit the state.

Moreover, many of our ideas are anything but short-term. Rewriting the legislation and codification (perhaps the most important portion of our campaign) is quite literally going to take all of our term. Correcting POST is going to take multiple rounds of trial and error. Consistent cabinet meetings with weekly reports are obviously going to consistently occur throughout the term.

While I welcome any valid concern, please don’t make baseless and unfounded concerns.

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Some more questions from me, what is yalls stance on the state department. Useful? Not? Some have said that the state department is useless possibly because foreign relations with other groups is almost impossible to keep on roblox simply because all states are run differently or so no care for relations. Do you agree with this? Do you have any plans for future foreign relations?

2 Likes