Jefrafra and Skye_Jones for Firestone

Jefrafra and Skye_Jones for Governor - Serving You

Hello, citizens! My name is Jefrafra, and I am declaring my candidacy for the September, 2019 Gubernatorial elections. I will be running with Skye_Jones as my Lieutenant Governor.

Though I am a centralist (neither republican nor democrat), my Lieutenant Governor is a moderate Republican. Therefore, we will be running under the Republican Party of Firestone.

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to check out our campaign speech. Our speech will outline who we are, what we intend to do, and how we can do it. It is my pledge to you that I will not make any promises that Skye_Jones and I cannot keep. I also encourage each of you to reply with your questions or concerns so that we may address them. As a community, we must band together to identify the major problems within the state and tackle them.

Who are we?

Jefrafra: Jefrafra began his career in the state well over a year ago when he was granted a bar certification under Former Attorney General Brotix. Soon after, he was hired as an Assistant Public Defender within the Firestone Department of Justice. One of the first cases Jefrafra was assigned involved saving a Firestone State Patrol Major from losing his career over a false accusation. Brotix quickly saw the potential attorney in Jefrafra and promoted him to a full Public Defender. As a Public Defender, Jefrafra protected the rights of hundreds of citizens and ensured everyone was given a fair chance under the law. After Brotix’s unfortunate departure from the Department of Justice, Jefrafra continued to serve under Former Attorney General DannyboyLaw. Soon after Danny took office, Jefrafra was promoted to Assistant Attorney General, serving as the Head of Public Defenders within the Department of Justice. Jefrafra served as the only Public Defender for several months until he proved himself through the “Judge Training” program and was nominated to the District Court. He was confirmed in November of 2018, and served as a District Court Justice. Here, he had to use his strenuous legal knowledge to make fair and just verdicts in order to maintain equality under the law. His tenure as a District Court Justice was short, however, as he was soon after nominated to be the Attorney General. After a nearly hour long session of questioning, the Senate confirmed Jefrafra, and he restarted his Department of Justice tenure. As the Attorney General, Jefrafra brought life to the public defender’s office, created excellent public relations resources, had an approximately 98% successful prosecution rate, revamped the Firestone Bar Exam, and took the Department of Justice to one of the best positions it has ever been in. Recently, Jefrafra departed the Department of Justice with a nomination for Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. While it was bitter-sweet, Jefrafra identified that the Supreme Court had struggled with many rulings and felt it was imperative he assist them in the best way possible–by joining them! In addition to the above positions, Jefrafra also served as a Firestone Ambassador leading relations with the State of Mayflower, and additionally, served one term in the Firestone House of Representatives achieving the position of Speaker Pro Tempore. Having served in the administration of every branch of the government, Jefrafra has a thorough understanding of what this state needs to thrive, and he is prepared to work tirelessly to ensure that he delivers such.

Skye_Jones: Skye Jones has been a part of the State of Firestone since the day it was founded, serving as the state’s very first Secretary of State under Governor laffydecious. After that term, she went into a period of retirement until she felt the call back to public service about a year ago. Immediately after returning to Firestone, Skye was elected to the House of Representatives and quickly rose to the position of Speaker Pro Tempore under the Speakership of MrEmote. While this was happening, Skye had developed a particular interest in the state’s legal programs; taking and passing the bar exam on her first attempt. She joined the Department of Justice as a Public Defender, where she quickly gained a reputation as one of the most skilled lawyers in the state. She has successfully won countless cases on behalf of Congressmen, law enforcement officers, and, of course, your average citizen. This led to her being promoted to Associate Attorney General and being appointed to the Board of Legal Examiners, which only consists of the best legal minds in the state. Meanwhile, Skye furthered her career in Congress by being elected as the first female Speaker of the House in May. As Speaker, she was all about transparency: she actively roamed the forums to speak with citizens about their needs, she posted her entire voting record for public view, and she was sure to
inform the people of every single bill which either passed or failed the House. She remained as Speaker until the middle of August, when Governor CanineEnforcement nominated her to serve as the first female Attorney General following Jefrafra’s nomination to the Supreme Court. This all has given her the perfect blend of executive and legislative experience necessary for any Lieutenant Governor. She knows how to lead the Senate, and she can also aid Jefrafra greatly in governing the State of Firestone. She has always shown a very high degree of dedication to whatever position she holds, and she pledges to work harder than ever as Lieutenant Governor.

Now that you know about who we are, I’d like to seize the opportunity to tell you about what we believe in, our plans for the state, and how we intend to do them.

Platforms

Legislative Rewrite: As your Lieutenant Governor and Governor, Skye and I are going to rewrite virtually every single law that affects this state. For far too long, our Constitution, Bill of Rights, congressional resolutions, and regular laws have been quickly drafted without due care, leaving them full of loopholes, ambiguities, and generally poor content. We will do this via The Nullification Act. This act will be one of the first pieces of legislation we pass, but will not go into effect until the near end of our term (approximately three months after passing). When the act goes into effect, nearly all legislation passed prior to its passage will be nullified. However, in the three months between passage and taking effect, Skye and I will work constantly to rewrite our laws. As Skye and I have experience in both congress and the legal side of our great state, we will ensure that the legislation is thorough and fair. Moreover, this will protect our law enforcement officers and citizens from false arrests.

Proper Codification: Along with the law rewrite, Skye and I will be establishing a proper codification of our state’s legislation. While Governor CanineEnforcement has stated he is in the process of making one, we would like to have one that the Constitution requires be maintained. As anyone who has worked with it knows, our current legislation board is a mess. It is impossible to see which laws are valid, nullified, or amended. Using a Google Site, Skye and I will codify our laws in a way that you can easily view what is legal and illegal, and additionally, be able to cite legislation in a clean manner.

Inspector General’s Office: The Firestone Bureau of Investigation has been a hot-topic of debate for the past couple of months. I have taken time to consider both sides of the argument, and created a middle ground that we can all (hopefully!) agree on. The Inspector General’s Office will serve as a subdivision of the Firestone Department of Justice, and their primary task will be monitoring state departments to ensure they are behaving in accordance with policy and the law. On an as-needed basis, they will also investigate major criminal activity (though that will still primarily be DHS:IO’s task) and constitutional violations. In the interest of preventing any one agency from having too much power, the Department of Public Safety will still be delegated with investigating employee misconduct, while the IG office will work with large-scale issues.

Congressional Standard: Unfortunately, in the current status of our state, serving as a congressperson has lost the value of which it should hold due to inappropriate behavior and laziness. However, under our administration, we will implement major reform to congressional procedures and behavior. Currently, it only takes four people to pass a piece of legislation through a congressional chamber. Such a small number can and has led to major fallacies in our laws. We intend to amend our Constitution to require majorities from all members of congress-not just the members that show up. Additionally, we intend to make reasonable requirements to become a congressperson. It is currently easier to become a Senator than it is to become a Public Works employee. This is because our Department of Public Works has reasonable standards to become hired and begin your career, while Congress does not.

POST: It seems almost traditional for every Governor to declare that they will fix POST. However, these promises seem to always fall through, and we are left with under-trained LEOs that are unfairly penalized. After speaking with a member of POST Administration, Skye_Jones and I have determined that the primary issues with POST are (1) The instructors don’t understand the material they teach. They just copy and paste it, (2) The instructors misprioritize what is important, severely punishing cadets for minor mistakes, and (3) The Administration has been left in the dark with no support from the government or public. As Governor, I pledge to allocate POST as much attention as possible whilst we work to create a proper curriculum and properly train our instructors to a high standard. With my Lieutenant Governor and I both serving strenuous time in the legal field, we are perfectly qualified to build a curriculum that teachers future officers what they need to know legally. We will consult with tactical units and other law enforcement officials to determine the best way to build other curriculum.

Criminal Reform: While many of you know that, as the Attorney General, I was an avid supporter of isolating criminals as much as possible, it is important to remember that, as the Attorney General, my primary task was to have criminals convicted for as long as possible. Outside of my position as Attorney General, I believe we should lower the maximum jail time. While I do not believe in a radical change such as lowering it to 12 hours, I believe the best way to go about this is to set minimum and maximum times for each criminal offense. This will further prevent the courts from issuing cruel sentences, and additionally, organize a systematic “offense = penalty” system. For nearly all laws currently written in our state, the presiding officer of a case has sole authority to decide how long someone should be sentenced. Technically speaking, a District Court Judge and two Supreme Court judges could band together and give someone 72 hours in prison for disorderly conduct. Skye and I find this to be completely unacceptable, and wish to implement a constitutional check on the judicial branch in this way. In addition to a more reasonable punishment system, I also wish to implement and maintain more programs which can allow a criminal to reform and become an employee of the state. I’ve found that, in many cases, a person is a criminal because they don’t know how to get rid of their arrests or don’t know what other opportunities there are in Firestone. Along with many other public relations ideas, increase public awareness for employment opportunities and record expungements is one of my top priorities.

Public Relations/Transparency: As any Governor of quality should, Skye_Jones and I pledge to remain as transparent as possible with you throughout our term. Some past Governors have remained very secretive with the government’s operations. We believe that this is a disservice to you, the people, as ultimately, it is our job to serve you! We promise to use the IG office alongside weekly cabinet meetings to provide you a weekly release on the status of our state. Additionally, at our weekly cabinet meetings, we will ensure that the general public is given the opportunity to publicly express their questions, and concerns. In addition to ensuring citizens are never denied the opportunity to express their concerns, Skye_Jones and I will create resources (such as websites, flowcharts, etc.) which outline career options and frequently asked questions in the state. This will serve as a medium for citizens and employees to have their questions and concerns addressed quickly. Furthermore, I offer you my personal assurance that my DMs will remain open the entirety of the term. I will never disable messages from servers out of convenience or otherwise.

Law Institution and Judge Mentorship: While the courts and portion of the state are one of the most important insurances in protecting citizens’ rights, many people do not have the opportunity to learn how this side of the state works. As Lieutenant Governor and Governor, Skye_Jones and I will implement a Legal Institution of some sort. This institution would offer a few programs, including one tailored specifically towards law enforcement officers, one simply focused on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and one full law program that would prepare individuals for the bar exam. By introducing a law institution, we will increase public awareness and have more lawyers to represent the people, as well as represent the state in criminal matters. In addition to this, we will work to implement a Judge Mentorship program as an alternative to the current system for “judge training.” The Judge Mentorship program will assign individuals who pass an application to a judge that is currently on the bench. They will serve as an assistant to that judge for a set period of time (between 30-60 days, most likely). During this time, the judge will clearly explain their decisions and reasoning to the person. In some situations, they may allow the person to provide their own opinion (however, the judge will obviously have the ultimate decision). Once this person is prepared and has met the time requirement, they will conduct a moot trial (a trial which is not real, but only for training and observation purposes). They will be graded by the Supreme Court, and if they pass, the Chief Court Justice will suggest they be nominated to the Governor. As Court Justices are some of the most powerful people in the state, it is imperative that we ensure they are properly qualified for the position before putting them in it.

Military Court: In addition to the aforementioned changes we will implement, we will also create a legally binding military court, as well as a Firestone Code of Military Conduct. This court will serve as an oversight entity to the Firestone National Guard, as they currently have virtually unchecked power. In addition to this, however, the Military Court will give employees of the Firestone National Guard a fair chance to have any disciplinary action against them heard by an unbiased court official. Furthermore, this court will give the Department of Justice the ability to prosecute many, if not all, individuals who breach the Firestone National Guard base.

County Affairs: Though the county and the state has had a rocky relationship, to say the least, in the past, my administration will work with the county to ensure the state has proper oversight while also ensuring the county is not prevented from doing their service to the state. I hope to work with the County Executive and County Council to identify and pursue the most productive routes to benefit the state as a whole. While, of course, I do want to monitor the county as much as possible to prevent the corrupt fiascos we have had in the past, I have no intent on attempting to rid of the county all together.

Serving the PEOPLE, not just Administration: Far too often, we see our state’s administration only listen to the opinions of their close friends and cabinet. While, of course, it is the duty of the cabinet to provide insight to the Governor, there are a wide variety of perspectives within the state. As Governor and Lieutenant Governor, we pledge to listen to the everyday person. Even criminals have rights, after all. We will not ignore the concerns of the people. I will personally strive to ensure that every concern is addressed, whether it be by myself or an entity under me.

Though we do, of course, have numerous plans that aren’t explicitly listed here, the goals above are a general summary of the most important things

Conclusion

While other candidates may have pandered to you with politics, Skye and I have set out what our plans are and how we will do them. You will not find another candidate more dedicated to serving the state than us. We promise to do the things that have been long-needed but never completed.

If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas about our campaign, you are encouraged to reply with it! As the Governor and Lieutenant Governor, we serve you. We will actively respond as much as possible. Additionally, you are welcomed to DM me at Jefrafra#2222.

Thank you for taking the time to read our speech, and I encourage you to vote for the candidate that you believe will serve you the most.

My name is Jefrafra, and I approve this message.

Join our campaign Discord: https://discord.gg/SFg3d5B

10 Likes

support duh

4 Likes

support

4 Likes

SUPPORT

4 Likes

support

4 Likes

@Jefrafra One of the many topics for debate that pop up once in a while is whether there should be an intermediate Court of Appeals. How would you go about dealing with this dilemma?

3 Likes

Thanks for your interest!

In the short-term, I don’t have any plans to reintroduce the Court of Appeals. For the time being, I’d like to monitor how drastically a Law Institution increases our number of attorneys. Once we have a more sustainable amount of attorneys, Skye and I will look into implementing a court of appeals if that is where the public interest stands.

3 Likes

@Skye_Jones hug pls

4 Likes

oh this is gonna be a tuffers, wish u the best of luck on ur canididateship thing

4 Likes

Support

4 Likes

Support

4 Likes

support good luck!

4 Likes

Absolute 100% support. I will be handing out cookies and coffee at the polls

5 Likes

SUPPORT!:writing_hand:

4 Likes

Yes plz!!

3 Likes

too many good candidates

3 Likes

It’s certainly going to be a tough race! However, Skye and I are prepared to fight for the position in order to serve you.

3 Likes

you guys are most likely my main candidate for now, with shark and ash being second.

support

4 Likes

Support.

4 Likes

Support.

4 Likes