How should I make a better speech?

Hello!

I’ve tried campaigning multiple times for a municipal position, since I’m trying to get into Firestone politics to get a better insight into Firestone. I’ve already campaigned 2 times, though I have failed.

Does anyone have a tip to do better?

1 Like

Show a resume of what you did before in Firestone, a summary of issues with what you’re going for, and how you can fix them

3 Likes

go into a few departments
make friends and contacts
get your name out there

4 Likes

mail a pipe bomb to the homes of everyone who did not support you

12 Likes

I agree with auto. This is a huge key to even be a government official. People won’t support or vote for noobies in the game (not saying that you are); therefore just make yourself known!

3 Likes

AYO TED?

1 Like

or pull a jayhawk and use absolute mad lad plans

1 Like

Make sure people will recognize you ingame. If people don’t know who you are, you will not get in. Join a department for a bit, meet people, build connections. If you can get your name out there (for the right reasons), you’ll get in pretty easily.

Personally haven’t seen you before, but I am glad you have the courage to ask questions others don’t. That’s an excellent start.

I look forward to seeing what you do.

2 Likes

Politics here is no different from real life. People like a proof of concept, which is why cases of the ol’ “genius, innovative new-comer who wants to do all these changes” winning electoral office are few and far between. Take a few months to establish yourself in a part (or parts of the community); Firestone is huge and has a subsect for everything: pass the bar and make connections by lawyering for people, become cop, become hose boi or EMT, become a bin man, become a tow boi, etc. Legit, if you can just get into something and make a few friends you can probably win even a state level election.

Personally, in terms of most effective by design, the law route is great if you can do it. We have like 20 total lawyers, and exponentially higher need for them. It’s simple math if you become a practicing lawyer you make friends very quickly.

My first term in the Senate was immediately following my first stretch on the District Court. Through my rulings and presence I got a solid foot hold. From there I legit just made like one big but easily achievable promise (I think it was the creation of the UCFA) and did it. I’ve held seats in both houses of Congress, held every judicial office, been AG, been DHS:FPS Captain, and so on with my prideful bullshit. I speak from experience when I say the key is presence, dedication, and even base level skill. These put you above most.

6 Likes

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

Make yourself stand out or just join a department or a few businesses and get some support from there

2 Likes

he doesn’t mean the kind of hose boi you’re thinking of

2 Likes

this would be the most important thing

contacts, contacts, contacts.

4 Likes

The fire department you thot

1 Like

Any departments that don’t require fancy processes? I think I want to start with those

1 Like

DOBW, DPW, DOT

1 Like

Will businesses work as well?

DPW is very selective in their candidates and even saying that is a disrespectful remark to the bin man culture. DPW has a lower intake than FITE and the hardest training process in Firestone. Some say the training is harder than US Navy BUD/S

1 Like

they let in an s8bm alt

*mic drop*

1 Like

Yes but it very’s depending on which you choose.