How intrusive are search warrants getting?

Are saying that this state being focused on “realism” justifies intrusive search warrants?

Name a search warrant that is proven to be intrusive, otherwise the entire argument that search warrants are intrusive is thrown out.

Going through unaffiliated, private discord servers
Going through youtube accounts

If it’s related to Firestone, it isn’t intrusive.
That’s common sense, not rocket science.

What if I were to have Firestone related material on my hard drive?

I think the courts have no right to demand any sort of media from a persons computer with the exception of FS related screenshots.

That’s how search warrants work…

Uh no

A search warrant should never involve anything irrelevant, or on personal property such as files on your computer, YouTube account, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

Irrelevant = Not related to Firestone.
Relevant = Relevant to Firestone

Because Discords can contain highly personal and confidential information that a ROBLOX AG couldn’t care to bear?

Sure.

If you don’t want that information revealed, don’t use the Discord for crime. I don’t know why this is such a hard concept for you to fathom.

A crime which holds no real life legal binding and is 100% virtual?

Don’t. Use. Personal. Discords. For. Firestone. Crime.

A question that I have about search warrants now, is websites…

If I host a website such as http://mremote.xyz/ and have ways to restrict access, whereas, information that may be considered criminal is stored… Would that be applicable to a search warrant?

Could a justice in our state authorise a search warrant to http://stapletoncounty.xyz/ or all the various web addresses in my possession?
Would I be forced to provide them FTP access, or even CPANEL/ZPANEL?

As a major website owner, this is slightly a concerning question to be raised.

From my view, this could be used. But, it could not at the same time.

If I were to simply claim any of these domains were a private service I ran, make it look like such, I am sure it would be fine.

I eventually plan to switch to self hosting, which would be a little bit more $$$, but, then I could argue the judge would be searching my OWN HOME PERSONAL SERVER… or claim the hard drive failed (which happens quite commonly if u run these bitches 24/7)… ect ect

PLUS EVEN IF THEY DID
Web servers tend to have backups. I am sure I could simply go in Cpanel right now and restore/make backups easily. And if such a warrant would be signed, revert back to one.

Simple as that.

With discord, you cant really do all this cool stuff… Can you? So how about you be smart about crimes at the very start!

Disclaimer lol

Please note, I do not encourage using my smart methods to get around search warrants or anything like dat k thxs, just hypothetical here. I AM NOT STORING ALL OF EMOTES CAT PHOTOS ON MY SERVER (Yet)

Don’t issue search warrants for personal discords

okay well they dont have to give you access to it, especially if they’re criminals lmao. you think they really are gonna comply with a search warrant in their own discord.

That’s why there is a legal process to obtain search warrants. Are you saying all irl search warrants are unlawful under this?

Actually, if we can meet the standard of proof, you are obliged to provide access, or otherwise, be held in contempt of a court order and sentenced to jail time.

All IRL search warrants are given within the lawfully and legally defined jurisdiction, something which is not defined here at Firestone.

actually search warrants can be abused in a way
let’s say the ccj went rogue (example)
he could just do a search warrant for someones nudes
and if the person is dedicated to firestone
yeah um
image comes
search warrants can be abused at times, but it’s highly unlikely that would happen, we need a limit for search warrants, what they can search and not to be exact or abuse may happen