Hostage situations (in terms of roleplay)

Everyday lol

2 Likes

I think you can be realistic and roleplay. But the reality is this isn’t real life, somethings have to be moderated. In my opinion the founders have done a pretty decent job doing that. At one point courts thought they could Mandate you give them private dm’s in discord and other messaging apps under threat of punishment which i’m pretty sure is actually illegal. With that people have tried to use things such as videos MADE BY THE PERSON THEY ARE PROSECUTING as evidence spurring the other rules. I think situations becoming known to the founders and a regular discussion is what gets them to notice. Either way, Firestone is and will be the only state I participate in.

4 Likes

because of things like this I really can’t play V2 anymore without just feeling like I’ve wasted my time trying to roleplay something.

me, philip, borg and ken tried to RP a wild gorilla that was holding borg on the top of a house, and we had told them that if they took out a banana I would come off the house and let him go

they end up just tasing me down and the scene finishes in less then 5 minutes when it took 25+ minutes to setup, join and plan

ontop of that I got 15 minutes in jail…

another scenario the SAME day was that we did a little “Home robbery roleplay”, we waited legit 30 minutes for ONE officer to arrive and none did, we even DMed some and they said “they were busy” and then just ignored

but when theres a bank robbery every single law enforcement officer in the state goes to it.

I just dont know what to do tbh, we cant really do anything else.
thought something funny like the gorilla holding borg on the roof would be cool and something we could laugh about together at the end, but ended up just being sad honestly

6 Likes

oh, when i was in prom, i didnt hear any shots fired. i understand if you shoot your gun, you have a right to breach.

2 Likes

LOL I would’ve loved to see a gorilla holding borg on top of a house, but I’d also happily roleplay it and then call animal control to take it back to hack’s zoo!

5 Likes

gun sounds like to glitch at times honestly, but we had few shots go down before you came

kinda questioning this one swat’s part tho

2 Likes

they could’ve literally called a LADDER TRUCK and brought me down using a banana. literally would’ve been SO easy but fun.

5 Likes

I’d prefer to see borg ripped apart by the gorilla tbh, much more entertaining

5 Likes

LOL hahaha

2 Likes

LOL

2 Likes

aye ? when I was 2F33, there was this !

5 Likes

yeah that was the one a few months ago, the one im talking about is recently xd

a truck of like 6-7 CRT pulled up and just ended up tasing me down

2 Likes

that picture is 7 moths old

2 Likes

this was funny tbh

4 Likes

As a known negotiator from the Special Weapons and Tactics team, it truly saddens me when I see a hostage situation ends 5 minutes after units are on scene. I have ended countless hostage situations without firing a single shot. It’s possible, however, none of us want to try it. This post has been made so many times, with no avail and really, it’s hard to find a solution to this issue.

The Peace Officer Standards and Training academy spends about 3-5 hours per every 6 Cadets to train them on how to negotiate a hostage situation. What changes is these new LEOs see how other LEOs simply rush in, and they then decide, hey this is a much easier option. Let’s do it!

Another thing people may argue is that criminals should have better tactics. But, let’s think about this. As a typical tactical unit, you have: tear gas, flashbang, G36C, MP5, G23, M870, a sniper. In total, that’s about 15 ammo. Now, you also have vehicles that you can use for cover and overpowering force. Now, what do criminals get? Typically, hostage situations are in banks. You have one way in and one way out. You have poor barriers and a very open space in the bank. The bank is extremely crammed, and not big what so ever. Hell, the POST training center has barriers and other obstacles 10x better than any place in V2. Needless to say, LEOs have the upper hand when it comes to these situations and obviously, they’re going to use it.

Rushing has its consequences, but clearly, they aren’t as effective for LEOs as they used to be. Back when I was a Tactical Sergeant, rushing would lead to hostages dying, and then usually everyone on the scene who did rush got punished. But now, even if you kill the hostages or kill each other, all the LEOs have to do is run back to spawn, and arrest you and give you more time/charges. Game over, and a win for LEOs.

I don’t think people will stop doing this. As much as I wished it would stop, it really won’t. There’s a handful of people in this State who will actually try to de-escalate the situation without using weapons. I know when I was in SWAT, I always used the non-lethal method and I will continue to do such throughout my career in the State of Firestone. At this point, my Instructors are wasting their time teaching LEOs how to properly handle a hostage situation.

6 Likes

That role-play was create by Philip_Forth with a funding from facebook.

Heres the full video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWuKRAI3Vyg&t=195s

4 Likes

that rp was actually one of the best ones, it was just simple and funny, everyone enjoyed it.

5 Likes

i agree.

when i used to be part of DHS it would always aggravate me when tactical units arrived on scene and just rushed in, like wtf?

5 Likes

and then we’re told “you’re just mad :clown_face:

5 Likes

Hostage sits in Firestone got really boring after like 2019 because everyone does hostage sits now. A few years ago LEOs rped it because it was honestly rare imo… but now its done way to often. I remember talking to @itzLegha before and he told me he had to go to 3 different hostage sits in 40 mintues.

and yes i know what criminals are going to say ´we do hostage sit because we have nothing else to do¨

5 Likes