Honest opinions on private sector jobs, taxi companies, DOT companies and what we, as a community can do to fix this up

Exactly, for that same reason DOT should drop off their buses and taxis. Instead, like DOT has the railroad administration they should have a separate division for buses which would be the transit authority which would ONLY include buses and trains.

6 Likes

its not like DOT is active with Taxi & Bus services, so it would make sense to give it to commerce

6 Likes

There are certain requirements for when we are allowed to run these services, but compared to how many tows are being requested, few people tend to run the taxi service, and hardly any run the bus service due to the recent situations regarding DOT employees misusing the bus, and the constant interferences the driver faces.

Nevertheless, I support this post

3 Likes

Thank you and cuxle for clarifying this very persisting and critical issue that DOT has. Never has there ever been a bus in atleast 2-3 weeks in V2. And the only time I saw a bus was when a DOT went rogue (yes, connor knew about it some guy went rogue under some probie callsign which was almost 2 or 3 weeks ago) but that was the last time. Now, I do agree that DOT can run buses as it’s a duty for them to run the transit authority but comparing FDOT’s bus service to Mayflower’s NHCTA, I’m sorry to say but NHCTA has atleast 1 or 2 buses every now and then and are functional. We need to fix this issue and if DOT doesn’t work the buses, then I would recommend it to work as in eastbrook as what @Cuxle mentioned. Separate companies independently owned by business owners this would be taxi/rideshare/limo/tourism companies and maybe a bus company. That’s up to them. Buses DOT can fix up their transit authority but taxicabs should be let to work to all of private sector workers.

5 Likes

I think the issue with people not running the bus is actually due to the route. It starts at Prominence Bus Station, goes through prom and Hillview, and then to Redwood. Nearly 100% of the time, the people you pick up will be from either the bus stop at CD, SCSO, or FSP. You will literally never pick someone else up anywhere else, because everyone is around the Redwood area. But honestly, I can’t think of a way around this for DOT to change the route, it’s just the fact everyone centres themselves in or around Redwood. Nearly everyone gets on at CD and gets off at SCSO, Arbor Heliport, or FSP.

3 Likes

I think for v3 this could be fixed as there is a CD in prominence and redwood. Therefore, the transit authority has more of a purpose. Yet again, the bus has it’s depot all the way in another city and it has to make it’s journey to prominence… again. for v3.

4 Likes

what is supporting going to do
founders are for the most part inactive and im not sure this is any sort of priority whatsoever
edit: sure its a good idea but i dont get supporting

2 Likes

for business owners, it is. it’s declining, and the fact that it gives business owners bad reputation. but like I said, SOME things could be done for v2, the rest we might wait for v3’s initial release.

2 Likes

That’s also the problem, DOT Tow’s and State Maintenance are constantly needed, which is why I say the burden of Transportation should be removed, and it also makes sense

3 Likes

more businesses, more transportation for tourists and civilians, You’ll see more buses on the streets like you do IRL and its overall giving Commerce more things to do, which I think is needed, and giving DOT less since they can’t seem to have a proper policy/structure of who and when they can provide transportation services

3 Likes

Face it, we all need opportunities. Commerce is a fundamental part of Firestone, as it’s an RP Community, without companies RP would decline significantly. Reason this post is up here.

3 Likes

literally supporting this is amazing

2 Likes

thank you. Honestly, firestone’s commerce section has gone downhill because of various issues which were stated, but I hope this post can wake up anyone who has the power to fix it. It’s not commerce fault, it’s the fact that most businesses do not have motivations to open and it’s the crowd’s fault that they do not want to apply for a business unless dev support is shown.

It’s easy as this: No dev support, no join. Dev support, yes sir! That’s basically every citizen’s concept. They’re in it for the novelty.

3 Likes

support

1 Like

does that mean 1 each year?

1 Like

Hey! So sorry for the late reply. Well the tl;dr is that basically private sector businesses are failing due to a lack of effort and the fact no profit is being earned or gained by a lot of businesses. For example for transport business, due to the fact DOT charges for free the taxi, all other companies are forced to charge for free because if you charge the very least price they will deny and prefer the free service. Although, this free DOT taxi service isn’t always on due to certain policies and therefore private sector can benefit out of this.

I hope this helped you.

Regards,
Richard.

1 Like

But buses should stay as DOT.

1 Like

it should not. DOT doesn’t even use the bus. It’ll stay inactive, along with killing transportation businesses.

We should take the Eastbrook-style route and have bus-transportation businesses. We shouldn’t have everything under the state.

4 Likes

or that

2 Likes

Well, for this same reason I will be making a union. Anyone interested dm me.

1 Like