Honest opinions on private sector jobs, taxi companies, DOT companies and what we, as a community can do to fix this up

Hi there, it’s richard again. No, this isn’t meant to threaten any departments or harm anyone this is all what I have been thinking during my time here since late 2016 and with the rise of DOT in V2. In all honesty, DOT is a great department the leaders know how to run it only bad side is the rogues but I hope they could fix that up later on. DOT should not be targetted in anyways because of this post, but the reason I’m bringing this up is for private businesses and how DOT taxicabs affect rideshare companies and private sector transportation jobs in one way.

First of all, lets start to talk about realism of the situation. Now, let me ask you this: When have you ever seen a taxi service provided by any State DOT in the U.S? No one, right? Because, DOT’s job is to revise any private transportation groups whether it could be freight market jobs like a logistics company for trucks, moving truck companies, limo services, taxicab companies owned by private sector owners, trains and of course rideshare businesses. They are in charge of everything road operational like what was mentioned above, now, what I honestly think isn’t real is the fact that DOT hands out taxi rides for free. This breaks realism as it doesn’t happen in real life unless you have insurance you get your courtesy car if your car is under repair, etc.
I know we cannot get rid of taxicabs from DOT some times but what IF: DOT started charging very cheap and affordable amounts for rides? Listen, before all of you disagree and massacre me on these ideas, the reason is because well, we’re forced to charge for free because people do not want to pay for a ride, which I think if both the DOT and private sector transport company owners actually set fair prices at cheap prices everyone could agree. If they both agree on prices and make it an act like what mayflower has: “The Taxi Driver Protection Act of 2020” like this, except with a price regulation. People can actually gain profit out of this and thus businesses would blossom. I honestly find it unrealistic that DOT charges taxicabs for free. DOT doesn’t win much either but with fares given from people, they could win a little bit more, just a tad more. If only prices were agreed and set companies could gain profit just like the commerce system works in Aigio and Mayflower.

When I was in mayflower back in 2018, regulations were set by department of commerce for any private transportation company in which it was required to set a definite price starting at a minimum 10 in game dollars which is absolutely nothing and cannot exceed a specific amount. But the companies could also alter it to a few dollars extra not a big deal, although it would be better to keep a set and steady price for all of these types of companies yet again agreeing to it. Although, we might encounter a development problem issue because in v2 it says that 5k in wallet and bank thing, in which some people are restricted of donating. For developers, I honestly hope this issue won’t be a problem any longer.

Third of all, the starter money for citizens to buy a car. I honestly think, it should be less than 4000 dollars straight off the boat for visitors. If it was reduced less, there could be possibilities of them becoming citizens quicker and more law abiding by not having their car to drive recklessly on purpose or not knowing because if we give these tourists when they become citizens chances to gain money faster, they could work for any business in firestone. But yes, obviously each private sector employee should pay their workers reasonably at a fair amount and explain them how to gain more cash if they actually cared about working. Give them methods and goals on what to gain if they work for your business. This is all that I’m asking, if the starter cash was reduced just a little bit for tourists and if they became citizens faster, there would be more work opportunities. Now, I know a lot of you are going to disagree and bash on me for this idea but I honestly think this would work. Some businesses are going inactive or are classified as inactive but this can be separated into 2 reasons:

• Inactive because they either have been trying their best to get workers by recruiting at job fairs, business ads, etc. but no one does not care about the business or want to work because of no ingame cars, team, etc which people find it as novelty or popular and that some newer citizens who wish to work for a business only find it cool to use any of these types of businesses and sometimes not the rest of other businesses who lack of this opportunity. (this is for V2, possibly not for V3 but still I would love to hear your opinions).
  • Inactive because of lazy owners who lost interest in the business or honestly didn’t care for opening a business just for the novelty and fandom of opening one for absolutely no reason and turning out as a big failure. This is the prime example of which a business shouldn’t even get dev support, if there’s no interest from part of the owners or effort whatsoever.

However, businesses who do show effort honestly, I think deserve to get a second chance and a bigger view by the rest of the community. Yes, these may also include those who have properties handed out by commerce who were pre-made before any custom requests and businesses such as Flyft, DriveGlide, Capital Gas, Original Pizza or Uber who are working a lot but nobody really doesn’t seem to care because once again, no dev support. If only there was a way that business owners who lack the opportunity of dev support could be given a second chance and a more open, welcoming, and interesting way of getting workers. What are your honest opinions on this guys?

10 Likes

support!

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Thank you for the few people who are supporting. Please let me know your opinions as I am very interested in getting to know all of your opinions.

Regards,
Richard.

3 Likes

Not only is it very unrealistic for the Department of Transportation to have a taxicab service, it is very unrealistic to not charge a fare. With the Department of Transportation offering free rides to places around Stapleton County, private transportation businesses just wanting to make money are unable to do so with ease. The entire point of businesses are to make money while offering services, and if one department/company offers that same service for free, then there is no point for any individual to use the service that charges.

Currently, the Department of Transportation has set the scene with completely free transportation, and that has therefore affected businesses like Flyft, DriveGlide, and Firestone Uber. These businesses are forced to offer free services or deal with little to no customers.

3 Likes

Support. - xolifetour from POST https://prnt.sc/t3w7r2

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support. I have seen, like, 2 taxi cabs from DOT in my 2 years of being in this community.

3 Likes

There almost never is an opportunity for private taxi businesses to have a chance to shine or even gain profit due to the fact we have to charge free because they can stop using our services.

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

tldr support

3 Likes

As a really strong private business advocate, I strongly support the points made in this article. I believe competitive pricing in the taxi and rideshare service sector would dramatically improve the private sector overall. There’s a common trend right now of Commerce businesses starting up and doing great things, but obtaining no sustainable income. No income means no employee pay which means low quality/inactive services.

Employee benefits and a positive work environment are two very essential parts of sustaining a motivated workforce. Paying our employees well is one benefit that can keep Firestone Commerce alive and thriving.

5 Likes

i dont have anything else to do with my money, sure i’d buy a cab instead of a free ride.

3 Likes

-Richard

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Would you mind providing a tl;dr

3 Likes

I also believe that DOT shouldn’t have a taxi, or buses.

Private sectors should be given the tools DOT is given with taxi’s and buses to give them more of a meaning.

For example, in Eastbrook, there are 2 major bus companies. They have 1 bus, with different liveries/decals, and operate differently across the map providing transportation for all civilians (for free, which we could have a entry fee when entering for V3). Taxi businesses have normal civilian vehicles but have “TAXI” decals on them.

6 Likes

Support

2 Likes