GeorgeOrweII for Senate

Hello my fellow Firestonians,

I am addressing you all because I am seeking your vote to get me into the elected office of Senate in the State of Firestone. Now, most politicians would begin their speeches off with background information on their past experiences and qualifications to run for office, however I want to start off by telling you my plans to represent you, the people, while in office.

First of all, I intend to write legislation to better protect cadets in all Firestone academies from unjust dismissal. This primarily would consist of allowing these cadets to challenge their expulsion in court, similar to that of the Employment Rights Law which allows employees to file civil litigation against employers for wrongful terminations. I believe that this will help ensure that everyone is able to get a job within the State, and that nobody shall be treated unfairly as they attempt to follow a path in the pursuit of happiness.

Secondly, I intend to help tidy up the current Bill of Rights, and better define how civil action can be brought against those who violate sections of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. As it stands currently, there are some odd writings in various passages, such as BOR.XIV, which includes a statement that says “it isillegal to not stop for law enforcement.” There is no purpose to define an act as illegal in the Bill of Rights, when we have our own criminal code to criminalize acts such as Evasion and Resisting Arrest. The Bill of Rights should instead be streamlined to give citizens and visitors the ability to easily understand the rights they do have, rather than the rights they don’t have.

My final idea at the moment is to assist lawmakers and legal minds in fixing our General Rules of Procedure. As it currently stands, the General Rules of Procedure is a bloated mess of conflicting rules, that do nothing but hinder our judicial officials from ensuring a fair trial in the court of law. While they do help in giving structure to our courts, they fail entirely due to the rigidity of the system, and the attempted “universal” application of the rules, which does not work at all for the varying types of court systems we have. Most glarinigly, there is absolutely no good way to apply the GRP to civil court cases, and we need to establish a separate Rules for Civil Procedure because at the moment the Rules of General Rules of Procedure only have practical application in criminal cases. Things such as the process of finding guilt and sentencing hold no place in a civil case.

Even if I am not elected, I hope to accomplish these tasks I established above by petitioning to my representatives in Congress. I advise all of you to do the same, and give input to the government. We are a representative democracy, and the best way for the government to represent us is to voice our opinions. I have personally made my DMs available for all to leave a message to me, simply shoot me a direct message on Discord at George Orwell#8406 in order for your voice to be heard. I am always looking for new ideas to better the state.

If you would like to know my qualifications, I will start by saying that I have been a practicing attorney in the State of Firestone for one year, and currently serving as the Chief Public Defender in the Department of Justice. I have formerly served as a Deputy in the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office for four months, and I am currently a member of this State’s National Guard. I have been with this group for a long time, and I intend to stay with this group for an even longer time. Through my experiences, I have seen the State from the point of view of almost every person in the group. From helping criminal defendants, to helping Law Enforcement, to protecting the State itself, I know the direction this group should head, and I intend to help sail it into the future with help from all persons within the State.

3 Likes

Support, fellow lawyer.

3 Likes

Okay Mr. Meme Campaign.

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support.

3 Likes

Not supporting!

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

I can assure you that I will not silence your voice.

2 Likes

Yeah been told that before but forum moderators like to block out my voice
Talking to you bunny, kat, and the LT. governor whos blocking forum posts that are against his point of view.

2 Likes

i sure hope ur not referring to me i didnt flag ur posts idk you idc enough to

2 Likes

Support, has a good speech

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to read it.

2 Likes

suppport

3 Likes

Support!!

3 Likes

• Philip_Forth
2 Likes

• scriblelz
2 Likes

suppport

3 Likes

support