Freedom of Information Petition - Joint Task Force

Governor @Butsworth, FDHS Intelligence Office Director Jish950, and FNG Special Forces Commander @Antador,

I am here today to request any and all information you have in your possession regarding the Joint Task Force, which was revealed to the public this afternoon by the Governor of the State of Firestone during his ten-minute long State of the State Address, which I have other words for. Alas, this is not the time and place for those words.

Pursuant to Section 10 of the Bill of Rights of this great state, as a citizen of the aforementioned, I am exercising my right to information from state entities regarding unclassified information. Failure to comply with this request for the information mentioned above will result in legal action through the State of Firestone judicial system.

For anyone who is questioning the classified status of the Joint Task Force, I give you the word of the Speaker of the House: https://gyazo.com/9802e1b199ecd992da88cacc75c773fd
I also give to you the legislation regarding classification: A Bill to Establish Classified Documents (1/2) & (2/2)

To the leaders of the Joint Task Force: In regards to the best way you can send over all of the information regarding your operations, makeup, and anything else pertaining to your existence, a Google Drive folder with a shareable link will be sufficient, which can be posted as a reply to this post. Thank you in advance for your co-operation, as I know none of us want to go to court over such trivial matters.

Finally, I would like to thank the Governor of the State of Firestone for allowing all members of the state and anyone visiting this post and it’s contents for revealing this previously unheard of, highly-classified group. Due to his loving support for the Bill of Rights and the freedom of information for all, we citizens get to learn how the best of the best operate, along with all operations and information relating to them are drawn up. It truly is a great privilege.

5 Likes

The judiciary has no comment on this matter (@MisterGermanAidan pls delete your comment).

2 Likes

I can confirm all information regarding the task force is classified, and exempt to FOI. It is justified with good intent, as judges @1superchris2 and @MisterGermanAidan can verify. So considering 2/3 of the SC would affirm, I doubt your legal action would go anywhere.

“All citizens have the freedom of information. Should a citizen request for information that is actively collected to be released, the relevant department, agency, entity, etc. shall be obligated to release the requested information, if possible. Classified information, however, must remain classified and not given to unauthorized entities until such a time it is deemed safe to release.” - BOR.X

4 Likes

The Firestone Senate has no comment on this matter

2 Likes

The Firestone House does not care on this matter.

2 Likes

Attorney General, if all information regarding the Joint Task Force is classified, including the fact that it even exists, why is this being debated? Oh wait, the Governor himself revealed that it exists in the first place. Therefore, if indeed it is still classified by your viewpoint, then the Governor violated the classification of the group, no? The disclosure of highly-classified information that is legally classified is a crime. Which means that the Governor can, and should, be impeached.

2 Likes

The Governor controls all classified information as per the Constitution, and can release as much as he wants. The “task force” itself contains information that he has kept classified for a reason and per his lawful authority. I encourage you to not discuss legal matters should you know little of them.

2 Likes

That is against the bill of rights. Techiey is within his rights to request the information and if the petition passes it should be given.

2 Likes

Why does not one read the bill of rights? FOI is not just “alright give me it or I sue.” To date, during my tenure in our judicial system, no FOI request has been affirmed by the Courts. The information is classified within this task force, ask @Butsworth if you don’t believe me. Therefore it is exempt from FOI.

2 Likes

It’s classified but it says

Classified information, however, must remain classified and not given to unauthorized entities until such a time it is deemed safe to release.

It will be released eventually.

2 Likes

When the Governor decides it is. The information is also not “ready to be collected and realeased.”

2 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

I believe your demanding tone is quite rude.

2 Likes

“All citizens have the freedom of information. Should a citizen request for information that is actively collected to be released, the relevant department, agency, entity, etc. shall be obligated to release the requested information, if possible. Classified information, however, must remain classified and not given to unauthorized entities until such a time it is deemed safe to release. All information and sorts of all courts must be accessible by the public; no information pertaining to any court of the State of Firestone may be made classified. All citizens have the right to know about courts and its processes, and judges are obligated to answer questions about the courts if possible. The Supreme Court is obligated to ensure all rulings, interpretations, and other decisions put forth by the Supreme Court are accessible by the public.” - BOR Section X

Just dropping this in here so that I remember it should litigation occur.

3 Likes

do I smell somebody attempting to get classified information for absolutely no reason what so ever except to kick dirt and asking those without clearance to illegally leak some of that material?

those in the group cant even hand over info

4 Likes

If people who don’t have clearance have access to classified materials, that seems like an issue, no?

2 Likes

This is like saying “Governor says IO exists making it unclassified so I can request information about IO stuff even though I don’t need it” You literally have no reason to want it in the first place rather than to just have your hands on classified documents.

3 Likes

Why are you like this? Firstly, the Governor can do anything he wishes with classified info. Second off, classification authority works a lot like a medical license. The individuals with have the authority to allow others under them to act with it, like a professor of medicine does with clinical students. And here it is, you’re not getting the information period. The DOJ and Courts both agree the information is lawfully classified, the Governor is exercising lawful authority, and FOI is invalid here. Litigation by you in this matter will fail, this petition has no backing. Your moronic attempt to sow discord over this stupid little thing is almost as hilarious as your ignorance to law and the justice system.

3 Likes

from the law you linked;

"SECTION 3A: Classified information do not have to be declassified, regardless of Section 3 of this bill if the release of said information should clearly and demonstrably be expected to:

• reveal the identity of a confidential human source, a human intelligence source, a relation ship with an intelligence or security service of a foreign government, or a nonhuman intelligence source; or impair the effectiveness of an intelligence method currently in use, available for use, or under development;
  • reveal information, including foreign government information, that would cause serious harm to relations between the State of Firestone and a foreign government, or to ongoing diplomatic activities of the State of Firestone;
  • reveal information that would impair the current ability of the Department of Homeland Security to protect the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and other protectees for whom protection services are authorized; or
  • reveal information that would reveal vulnerabilities of systems, installations, or infrastructures."
5 Likes

https://prnt.sc/l866n0 Confirmed @TypicallyColton has access to JTF info

2 Likes