Firestone Records Website

So I’m not sure if this is possible, but in Vancouver they have this really cool system to check records. Firstly, you can check them in-game as a LEO, but there’s also a website to view them.

As you see, it displays the arrests, citations, and even if they have an active warrant. I think this would be cool for firestone, as an easy way to check records for traffic stops, since LEOs have to check the District Court Trello for warrants, the in-game database for records, etc. Instead of checking both in and out of the game, it would be so much more convenient if we could just type their name on the website and have everything come up.

Also, you can’t see the number amount of records someone has unless you cuff them, this would also show the number.

12 Likes

Here’s the website if anyone wants to see for themselves.

4 Likes

It also shows the (LOVID) or whatever its called in vancouver of each arrest/citation if you click on them.

4 Likes

I believe Fergie has mentioned in a previous post(i searched one time, because I was going to make a suggestion to let the database be seen outside of the main game), but basically records are stored on a roblox database, held to a main game(V2). Because of this, they can only be seen in games attached to V2, or V2 itself(such as the database center). I am probably VERY wrong but this is what I think I read before

5 Likes

well Vancouver has them both in game, and out of game. so maybe its possible?? I’m not sure tho I’m not familiar with roblox dev stuff

4 Likes

The games were made completely different years, there is a possibility it may work for V3, but V2 is stuck how it is unless they want to fully remake it from the ground up

5 Likes

heres an example of the warrant system

3 Likes

No, you are indeed very right. V2 implementation or basically just standard implementation of the Database in ROBLOX is the built-in Roblox datastore. Sadly to my knowledge currently and experience in researching it before there isn’t an external way of accessing said database without making the server individually send a request to an external database we own.

There is an easy fix of actually using external databases like MongoDB, MySQL etc which lets the users access such data from anywhere.

A talk like this was supposed to be implemented in the Norfolk Reborn before it died out.

10 Likes

It’s honestly a great suggestion, just I think it would really only happen if they build a system like this prior to the full release of V3

7 Likes

Great idea, but it won’t happen.

4 Likes

This is possible for v3 but not possible for v2. v2 datastore is stored with Roblox datastore and Vancouver is using a third party data service called Heroku.

4 Likes

I HAVE A WARRANT???

6 Likes

sounds kinda goofy :crazy_face: and if the hub is still a thing when v3 comes around then checking :face_with_monocle: records will hardly :no_good_woman: be a problem :beers::beers::beers:

3 Likes

There is actually a way to access datastores externally using node.js

3 Likes

like the others said
made different times, data stored different ways. theyd have to migrate probably tens of thousands of records to make it work in v2. id LOVE to see this in v3 tho, seeing as there’s no records system to transfer yet

5 Likes

Good idea but probably wouldn’t happen…maybe more of a Version 3 thing

3 Likes

maybe they could make it show if they have a warrant or not in the CAD or whatever its called instead of having to look at the district court trello, probably would be easier too.

4 Likes

now THIS (trello to game) IS possible in v2 (as far as my limited developing knowledge goes)

4 Likes

Depending on how they script it, trello to game is much easier than game to website

4 Likes

not just much easier… game to website with out current record system is quite legit impossible.

5 Likes