Firestone mods need REFORM

make me mod im cool

2 Likes

This is how a discord moderator should truly think, also Philip was great, he didn’t like moderating people or warning people, he hated it, he always wanted to see the best for people and was always so lenient. That’s the mindset all discord moderators should have.

1 Like

Actually, I did warn and moderate people but the best part was helping. Path said to make sure to help people verify and assist them around the state.

2 Likes

i miss getting dms everyday from all the noobs who were trying to register or how to do the citizenship test :sob:

4 Likes

Not saying you didn’t moderate people, what I’m saying is that you didn’t like to warn people, kick people, or ban people. You were always lenient, and always gave people multiple chances. You didn’t get people for petty stuff, and you were able to keep the chat civil and tidy, personally I think you are the best discord moderator the State of Firestone has ever seen.

Also I’m not saying you didn’t do your job, you did do it, and you did it the right way with a good mindset, you always stayed very humble too.

Another thing I wanted to point out to the people was that I believe moderators should go through some reformations, some keeping their job and some losing their job, and we should have the power to report them with evidence and reasoning as to why they should be suspended from thus position or terminated.

3 Likes

From a personal viewpoint, yes, the moderation is flawed in some way. It’s really not that big of an issue in the Firestone community, though. For the record, the moderation system is pretty well fabricated; I’m sure you’re well acquainted with the system issued for moderation purposes - if you break a rule, you are issued some type of consequence. This should not be a conflicting factor, because as long as you’re mindfully making your move, there isn’t much of an issue for the most part.

For the moderation issue, don’t get me wrong, there are issues in the community in terms of moderation. From a criminal viewpoint, yes, the moderator(s) (there are some particular moderators that aren’t as lenient), are going to issue you (a) consequence(s) for the “slightest rule violations”. How is hiring moderators going to propose a fix for the problem at hand, what are you proposing to even remotely make a change in that? That is what I don’t understand. If you have an issue, I would recommend speaking with the co-owners more than anything; this forum post has accomplished nothing but mixed opinions. If you would like to try to make some sort of impact, try what I have suggested above.

No, you can’t fill every pothole on the road. It’s just not possible. There will be flaws and there is nothing that can be done, a lot of what you are requesting for is very far-fetched and I do not think the community is ready, in the feeble state its in I highly doubt that allowing citizens deciding who the moderators are would not only weaken the bonds but the slight decline would turn into a colossal decline.

Just summing it up for you; they are humans, they aren’t perfect in any way. You have to allow the community time to catch themselves as it’s in such a fragile turning point at the moment. This sounds like anger due to the reason you broke the rules and got banned, not a community spread issue. The real question is, how are you going to propose what you’re asking?

4 Likes

mods are good, they’re just understaffed and at times there’s no moderators. stop hating on the mods just because you got a warn that you didn’t like, speak to them personally and maybe they’ll remove it.

to add on: respect your mods they’re there to keep community free of toxicity
smh
former discord moderator

6 Likes

well lidels sucks but yes many mods are good

3 Likes

SUPPORT

legit got warned for saying who here speaks french, in french
really minor, still got warned
/shrug

2 Likes

PHILIP FOR HEAD MODERATOR!!!

2 Likes

oh no, emotes the head moderator hes been a mod for like 3 years now.

2 Likes

support reform the mods

2 Likes

First, sorry if I am modding the discord channel 24/7. Not like I have to prepare for college in the fall or helping people on an military base trying to help supply and transport medical supplies to other country’s or states. Heads up sometimes it’s good to get a break from the UV light from your computer and spend some quality time with friends and family( if possibly ). But my bad if I have to monitor 24/7 and can’t live an outside life trying to help people.

Disclaimer: This is a comment and not a complaint and yes I alert my moderation team.

6 Likes

for real tho, a lot of my warns were for disrespecting people, even though we were just talking about contreversial topics and things got heated, i even got warned for saying “governor” once, mods need to be in place to prevent major things like racist and homophobic comments, not because someone hurt someone elses feelings.

2 Likes

following onto that, i think the reform should focus on the appeal system, currently all my appeals and other peoples has and it literally seems like its worthless, maybe rule offenses should be categorised on how bad they are, minor ones mean mods should he more lenient and major violations.

most of my warns are literally apparently “misusing” the pager because i get annoyed when people provide NO information, and when people page the same department in 3 different discords, i literally got warned twice in 1 minute (which led to my ban) for telling someone “you know you can just page us once in one discord, no sense to tag us in every discord”

2 Likes

If I remember correctly I was the one who banned you. I were at 2 kicks and 1 warn on a Sunday evening. You started to talk in pager and I warned for that. After I warned you, you had 2 kicks and 2 warns. Even after I warned you typed in pager “ok boomer” and deleted it quickly but canine was watching you and canine has the delete log so he warned you again. After canine warned you you had 3 warns and 3 kicks which means mods have to ban you.

3 Likes

like what the fuck i was warned 2 seconds earlier for the same thing, less infact, and what did i do? POSTED A RESIGNATION, I get banned for having opinions that, sometimes airplane can get a little iffy?
Jesus christ people.
COUGHS

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have people vote on you coming back. If you truly love Firestone and the game come back. Don’t let others stop you from enjoying something you enjoy doing.

3 Likes

I’m gonna bring y’all children back to a time where I had somehow become a mod in the discord. It took about 2 weeks until I was about properly hated, I thought I was doing my job, I thought it was purely enforcing the rules from what the others had been doing and saying.

I was so goddamn wrong, and completely out of my ability. To moderate is to balance what the rule says, and what human nature says. I know that sounds like a massive wank for just discord moderating but it’s true.

Philip for example actually encompassed the role of a moderator, he helped out those in the community, set the way for them to join in FS and made sure they were on the same page. I didn’t, when people came to me I would give them about 5 minutes and set them aside, so there are probably some great people that aren’t here because of me.

So I say, from my knowledge of fuck ups, the way moderation has been going, with the exception of Lidels and Emote, has been strikingly similar to the way I moderated and garnered quite possibly the most hated moderator position.

tl;dr. lidels n emote good, every other mod like me when mod, rehire philip ktyvm

3 Likes

thx phil <3 im taking it off the doc now

3 Likes