Firestone mods need REFORM

If it’s a rule violation and a mod sees it, they gotta do their job. Not all things can slide.

Though, I do agree that SOME things can be lenient, ex. minor spamming, just a few words in a different language, etc.

3 Likes

we just need chiller mods

2 Likes

Those warnings can stack up really fast sometimes. I got warned twice for 5 messages in the span of ~30 seconds, they were counted as spam and both times the chat was pretty slow.

That’s what I’m talking about on warning because you have to, even though I never meant to ““spam”” the chat.

(note that this is what I recall on the warnings, so my experience may be biased in my favor)

2 Likes

If I may ask, what were the messages

2 Likes

From what I recall I was just chilling out and talking with people. My general chat style used to be

lmao thats

like so stupid lmaoo

2 Likes

We’re not being petty:

Mic/Text spamming/@'ing spamming (making loud or continuous noises over the mic) is forbidden. Spamming in any form is prohibited. Examples of spam include, but are not limited to:

1. Sending a small amount of text per message continuously to make a sentence. A full paragraph sent by sentence by sentence is fine, so long the sentence is not small.

Source: Discord Moderator Guidelines

This link is found here (which most people see if they READ THE RULES):

2 Likes

Lidels Warned me for spam after I sent one message :frowning: but I still love him because we share the same female interests

2 Likes

To clarify, this was back in 2018 before the new guidelines. The rules were much less clear. (in my opinion). And yes, I did read the rules.

Do I think it was slightly petty? Yes. My opinion is that the mods are there to punish rulebreaking posts intended to break the rules (like disrespecting another user, THAT is deserving of a warning.) I don’t think someone accidentally sending too many messages is deserving of a permanent warning. (this was before the appeals system)

And even now, I still don’t think it’s deserving. If they did it accidentally, let them know. Most people will be like ‘oops, sorry, my bad!’. Be empathetic with them, they did it on accident. Let em know they did something wrong, if they did it completely INTENDING to break the rules, that’s deserving.

2 Likes

The guidelines were made in 2018. Also, I don’t think any 2018 moderator is around anymore aside from emote.

3 Likes

best discord moderator is emote!!

4 Likes

I clarified that that was before the new clarification. (clarifiception?)

It doesn’t really matter on that front, I’m not seeking justice for any of that. But as I hear, the same general practice is still done. I think the discords should be a place fostering discussion, you shouldn’t fear a warn every time you send a message.

3 Likes

legit correct, i got banned for announcing a resignation? also @airplane1221 im sorry bro i was in an extremly retarded state forgive me please <3

3 Likes

is it because she is a female

3 Likes

We have 4 mods for a server with over 4k members. in BASIC MATH, that means each mod would be responsible for 1000 users

3 Likes

i got warned for saying the pakistan government is a shithole

4 Likes

I mean, having 3 ore 2 more mods is okay.

2 Likes

no, not really. the firestone discord has at least 6k members.

2 Likes

why does this look like Trump’s tweet

2 Likes

i am literally the firestone version of trump

4 Likes

never forget i am the best, and least biased mod this state has ever seen

3 Likes