Firestone Media Team?

These “media” members would represent the State of Firestone on a social media platform (i.e Consistent streamers that stream Firestone content), not some type of movie or film. Rather, a group of people who seek to provide Firestone-based content.

1 Like

So they’re members of that department and focus on streaming practically?

or they just go on that team and stream content

1 Like
1 Like

They aren’t members of any specific department (SCFD,FSP,SCSO,etc…). Rather, they are members of a “Media team” which would ideally be headed by the Founder/Co-Founder and would have the permission to go on certain department teams (SCSO,FSP,SCFD) granted they hold the valid certification to do so (i.e POST cert) in an effort to bring a wider variety of content.

1 Like

FNN is a “news network within the State of Firestone” which does not prioritize the streaming of game-based content community-wide. Additionally, these members do not have the permissions to be able to join any department team and stream content on behalf of that department, nor can these individuals stream as a criminal (another source of game-based content) as their certifications would be revoked.

1 Like

Fed would use this group if your idea was implemented.

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s the case solely for the fact that “Firestone News Network” doesn’t bring to light the true intention/purpose of the group. When you hear “news” you think of “Oh shiyt, this senator just got impeached”. That’s not what we’re going for here, we want to be able to think of “these are streamers who stream criminals getting arrested” (or vice-versa).

1 Like

So they won’t be familiar with department procedures, attend trainings to practice their proper skills or be very familar with the department itself.

Just a free pass onto a team because you have that certification.

2 Likes

@Saberathe so its likea big news organization ran byt he founders? if so we already have that…

1 Like

like, they wont allow ANYONE on department teams. thats called a department member streaming or a ride along streaming, which we could easily implement in FNN. or once again, fnn staff can go on their department and stream. also fyi im 3rd incharge of fnn, so if you have suggestions, you can speak to me or @JakeGames25

1 Like

tl;dr government employee with special privileges under the title of “media man”

dhs generally doesn’t allow for the sharing of their internal operations, as it compromises security for locations and officials

you can already, we also have a content creator channel in the firestone discord

if they give up their positions, how will they be able to stream them patrolling/being on shift?

couldn’t this all theoretically be done without founding a media team? nothing prohibits (most) department employees from recording/streaming/documenting their patrols and everyday lives in the state.

so in short, this essentially means employees would be exemplified from department policies, laws, government policies, dps policies, etc, all in the name of being able to record and stream? and how will this sit with the people that have to patrol alongside these individuals? wont’ they have to provide them with their departments level of training, as well? won’t that essentially give these “criminals” knowledge of every departments training methods, policies, handbooks, and capabilities?

9 Likes
  • “Use of Media Content as Evidence”
1 Like

No need by the sounds of it.

Most departments already have their own social media teams. For example, FNG has their own public relations unit pulling the strings regarding media. We’re even slowly posting combat footage once approved.

You lot can settle this yourselves but FNG isn’t interested.

1 Like

scso already has a public relations team that posts weekly videos on youtube, bi weekly press releases, and monthly events.

not needed.

1 Like

tldr 5 characters

1 Like

I mean, it’s a great idea. But as people have already said, most departments have a Public Relations division that posts on multiple platforms like Twitter and Youtube. There’s also a business called LivePD (not sure if its still active or anything i havent heard much recently) but they have employees from multiple LEO departments, and during their streams you can see the perspective from the LEO.

1 Like

no.

as the ffa director, a 2 year scfd veteran, and an LEO this is kind of silly

people being able to go on team while not employed for the department would result in people who have absolutely no idea what they’re doing, don’t have to listen to department command, and do not have to abide by scfd policy, or by the policy of that respective LEO department.

just overall not a good idea. nothing prevents current department members from doing this in most agencies anyways

1 Like

LivePD went inactive after the first stream or something bc Leo’s didn’t want to help with it only me and a couple others wanted to do it

2 Likes

Honestly this entire Idea is not that well fleshed out nor well researched.

What this man is basically asking for is a free pass into any department team under the guise of a “Media Team” that what I see this as. And not only is the the worst idea I have ever heard of but is also a massive threat to the Public. I know that you suggested that this is a Founder/Co-Founder given role and yet I can’t find a reason for even that to be good.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like