Firestone HUB

Adding the ability for servers to shutdown after 30hrs or so. Recently, servers have been very laggy once it reaches this time. Heart = Support!

26 Likes

that will mess up literally everything, people are already so pissed off from all the ddosing. they just wanna play the game. id support if it was a little longer tho

1 Like

a game i used to work on had really really dated code so after 35 hours the servers would just start lagging

so they had a countdown clock after 34 hours. once it reached 35 hours, it would lock the server and create a new one.

anyone that was still in that server would get an extra 20 minutes to finish up (and a button to take them straight to the new server) before the server shutdown for good.

13 Likes

or add a vote to shut down and like 50%+ of the server must say yes (gives 5 minutes from vote to actually shut down to allow RP to finish)

3 Likes

lmao ik why this thread is a thing now, v2 is exremely laggy with an uptime of almost 40 hours.

4 Likes

30 hours is like V2s breaking point, we physically cannot go any longer.

whyā€¦? no one plays for 30 hrs straight. Either its good when they play, or its laggy, and thereā€™s a quick shutdown so they can play correctly again.

:flushed: didnā€™t know u swung that way comms

4 Likes

i know that, if you read the message i sent later you would know. i didnt know that they wanted you to get like a short notice for the shutdown. its not about playing v2 for 30 hours either, its more about what is disrupted when the game shuts down

2 Likes

Hard support
Trying to join and itā€™s like Roblox is having a strokeā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™d say 24 hours

4 Likes

Or just shut it down every night at like 3 AM ESTā€¦ usually during the school year you only have 0-10 players.

6 Likes

a lot of people afk overnight and during the school/work day so doing that will mess most of us up

1 Like

afk farming is the only way to make decent money ingame, people need to do it. itā€™s not against the rules either

3 Likes

ok but afk farming is not ā€˜intendedā€™ or ā€˜optimalā€™
so if the server has to restart overnight to not fuck everyone else over, deal with it

5 Likes

what are some of the other options?

1 Like

Players on the other side of the world, or quite literally, anyone else playing at 3 AM EST would then be subject to this.

Making it tick over to 30 hours and shutdown works better as it equally impacts everyone, and prevents servers being complete garbage.

4 Likes

you cant rely on people going legal to afford a demon
active businesses that pay are rare, sweetstreet, whipped cafe, and many others hire criminals but you are making barely any money off of working for an hour
commiting robberies speak for themselves, literally NO ONE who has brain cells robs an atm, bank, or store

1 Like

its not 3am for everyone, its 11am in the UK

1 Like

3am est for me is 3pm so no

3 Likes

Criminals will remember that.

5 Likes

Without these ā€œno brain celled criminalsā€ cops wouldnā€™t have anything to do and FS would die?

1 Like