Firestone Hatch Act

they are representing their agency as they are in uniform and on duty. it may not be the views of the members of the department however having on duty personnel in uniform in a picture with a candidate during a campaign event may appear to some as they are there to support.

3 Likes

so you want to basically say if you’re on team you can’t take a picture with a government candidate because it shows that that agency might show they’re supporting that candidate

i guess the same thing can be applied to wolf, since he is the AG and got pictured with float, that means the entire department of justice supports float and wants float.

it’s literally dumb

your law is just going to be on the basis of assuming

3 Likes

Working and showing support are 2 different things. If they are there to provide security they can do so by not being in a photo with supporters of a campaign, as it makes them look like supporters as well.

3 Likes

so i suppose that since secret service irl is pictured with presidential candidates it means they are supporters of that candidate

3 Likes

no I did not say that

3 Likes

well why can’t i assume that dhs supports a particular candidate because they’re being protected?

why should ss be excluded, its like you can’t “assume” or “accuse” them but you can do it for other departments

3 Likes

It’s the job of the secret service to protect the candidate, other departments don’t need to be right beside the candidate.

3 Likes

why can’t they be right beside the candidate? its literally only an issue in the your eyes, no one elses.

just because they stand near or beside the candidate doesn’t mean its direct support.

how did you not know that ng was there to protect float perhaps due to the fact he has many recent threats towards his life?

3 Likes

NG is not responsible for the protection of a candidate?

3 Likes

ng might not be solely responsible but they’re able to help out and assist.

also ng may be called out to redwood during times of extreme acts of violence.

3 Likes

If they were there to protect him then they should be around the area making sure its secure, not getting in a formation for a photo with SUPPORTERS of a campaign

3 Likes

jayhawk this hatch act is literally useless and is basically saying you aren’t able to take a photo with a certain person just because they’re running for an elected office just because you feels as if it is wrong, not the entire community.

i don’t see those ng members actively showing support in those photos

3 Likes

they are standing in a photo with other supporters, if they weren’t there to support why else would they be in a photo with float and a bunch of supporters?

3 Likes

you’re assuming they’re “supporters of the campaign” just because they’re in a photo.

i’m pretty sure NG can take a photo with whoever they’d like

3 Likes

you say you don’t see NG members actively showing support in those photos, what would you consider actively supporting?

3 Likes

they aren’t supporting float by being in a picture with him

that’s just an assumption with no actual facts behind it

i consider them “in a photo with the speaker of the house”. also, there is only ONE person in that photo with a float for governor shirt and that is the attorney general

2 Likes

so if there were a bunch of civilians beside float at a rally, would you assume they are not there to support?

3 Likes

not all people who attend rallies are supporters of that candidate.

3 Likes

But no one is “actively supporting” in your definition so no one there is a supporter correct? (except the AG)

3 Likes

if there were ng members in this photo doing what these people were doing, perhaps i.e holding the protest sign

or doing some sort of action that portray’s they’re actively supporting, then its wrong.

there is policy for that, and you report it.

3 Likes