Firestone Congressional Discussion

Can you not lower the amount of signatures required to be a potential candidate? Unless that isn’t the main problem.

4 Likes

i think the main problem is the willingness of people to run in the first place

5 Likes

yeah cause congress got a rep for being kinda toxic

4 Likes

its cus we’re kinda toxic

7 Likes

toxicity!

4 Likes

Oh fair enough then I mean is there really any incentive apart from being a member

4 Likes

Personally, I think you should lower the requirements just a small bit, giving people more opportunity to run or something. You could also increase the time y’all keep it open just a bit longer. I’ll personally run for a chamber but I just don’t have as much experience as some people may so that’s why I’m holding back.

4 Likes

Make the legislature secondary!

#fed

6 Likes

yes… you get executive protection first hand access… and some perks

2 Likes

joshernaut: hold my beer

7 Likes

this post aged well.

6 Likes

REALLY THI LMAO

4 Likes

Single transferrable vote!

7 Likes

Ah fair enough then, honestly it’s just up to convincing people of the benefits then because it seems like not enough people want to actively partake

5 Likes

i do like STV tbf, very good system of voting

6 Likes

doesnt work on the forums though unless you do like runoffs

5 Likes

If you’re on about the formatting of the forum elections, you might find it easier to have first, second, third and fourth vote categories each containing another poll. If I’m mistaken please educate me, my good man.

3 Likes

I think we should keep it how it is right now with the staggered elections and see if that smooths out some of the issues with incompetence

3 Likes

yes but how would u do that on forums

3 Likes

If theres not enough people running I think theres a pretty easy solution… lower the seats or publicize more…

3 Likes