Firestone Congressional Discussion

At the time of writing and with approximately 7 hours and 50ish minutes until voting, the House of Representatives have reached 11/13 candidates and the Senate have reached 9/10 candidates in their respective elections.

This presents a problem, it is incredibly likely that the House of Representatives will be understaffed and both chambers will have all members automatically elected without contest.

On this note & with a new Congress coming tomorrow, it is best to ask everyone for a potential solution whether it is reduced seats, different term lengths, staggering, electoral requirements, whatever. Please state them below!

9 Likes

wouldn’t it automatically be to initiate the term, and after a short period (a few days or a week) the speaker holds special elections?

if so, i think that works.

6 Likes

yea thats how it works

5 Likes

REDUCTION, ROTATION, RESPONSIBILITY

Reduction - reduce seats

Rotation - staggered terms

Responsibility - ethics committee that will make sure congressmen are ethical and responsible

8 Likes

however, i dont think the speaker has to hold special elections until we have like 8 or 9 reps

5 Likes

irl and firestone house is not staggered

firestone senate is now staggered as of this election

5 Likes

i would run for congress but i feel i don’t have actual legislative experience xd

6 Likes

it’s my opinion on what needs to be done to mitigate this issue, I’m really happy progress has been made in that direction

5 Likes

speaker can host specials whenever but is forced to host if below 9 reps

6 Likes

add webhooks in congress discord if cool

5 Likes

webhooks for what?

5 Likes

honestly run for house today, we can help give you the experience needed

8 Likes

For the rules

5 Likes

There have been people worse than him lmao

5 Likes

a few come to mind LOL

6 Likes

eh, i’ll think about it. thanks @FIoatmanjason @Automationeer

7 Likes

please run for congress

7 Likes

bro youre an attorney thats experience enough

5 Likes

YOU A LAWYER BRO WHEN I RAN I WAS LIKE WHAAAAT??? AND NOW IM LIKE YEAHHHHH IM LIKE LEGISLATOR YEAHHHHH WE TEACH YOU BRO

7 Likes

you’ll need to make your mind up shortly because there is about 7 hours to get all the supports needed

6 Likes