Fire Extinguishers for LEOs

So as you may know, the fire extinguisher tool got removed from LEO teams due to abuse and putting out fires when SCFD is on.

What if we implemented this into the points system? LEOs with a certain amount of points could earn the fire extinguisher tool.

credit to @JamesHenrickAnderson for this idea

9 Likes

huh? no it isn’t

6 Likes

I think you’ve misunderstood the points system. You USED to get 1 awardable point per 6 hours in-game which you could give to someone else and that would change their RP standing, not your own.
The system NOW is that the Founders give points to people who they see do good RP and game mods can give suggestions to the Founders. Citizens can also DM a game mod to suggest someone themselves which’ll then get passed onto Founders.

6 Likes

Oh… I reread it… I withdraw my comment above… it was in error…

6 Likes

Here’s some issues I see with this. Unless they rework the script to where LEO extinguishers can only put out vehicle fires, we all know some hero cop is going to attempt to put out a structure fire before paging SCFD. I feel like if this does happen, owners would end up having to remove it within a week.

Basically, no support bc we have to many cops in FS that would try to take our job

5 Likes

A) simply make structure fires unable to be extinguished by fire extinguishers, or

B) disable fire extinguishers when SCFD is on

Removing fire extinguishers affected a lot more than just LEOs, it prevents dot from performing towing operations and just makes the county a bigger mess overall.

15 Likes

Not going to lie… not sure how that is “taking your job” when any reasonable cop would call for Fire and EMS first, and then to check if any life forms are in the fire or near it as basic procedure entirely, not to earn “hero status”. Nonetheless, DPS and or even departments can create policy to combat against trying to putting their “player life” in harms way under unreasonable circumstances.

The idea that “they’ll take our jobs!” To be quite clear as well, any fire that is reported, it pops up on the call list where SCFD can easily see and know there is a building / structure fire of any sorts, and would immediately be on their way.

And 3 SCFD has to be on for any structure fire whatsoever nonetheless.

There can be work arounds made super, super, easily – its the fact will anyone make the work arounds happen?

5 Likes

I could see this happening for LEO’s with certain amounts of points however I think that the fire extinguishers can’t spawn in their inventory when SCFD is in game. If SCFD is not in game LEO’s would page first and if nobody responded in 4-5 minutes they’d be able to use their extinguisher.

4 Likes

Actually, no. A fire will spawn, and will be a smaller fire for 2-3 minutes, before becoming fully involved and setting off the alarm. The whole reason the extinguishers got taken away in the first place was because of hero cops…

6 Likes

make them only work on vehicle fires if no SCFD are on then?

5 Likes

if they’re willing to script that, then I support but I just don’t see it happening

4 Likes

the point system sounds really stupid in my opinion…

3 Likes

The idea that “people are taking your job” is such an overused statement, utterly unreasonable.

And as well fire extinguishers should only have a certain useable amount until it is empty, in which over at least 10-15 minutes til it will be refilled, not an unlimited amount.

5 Likes

did this by accident, put out CD with a extinguisher with deputy chief on scene with a tower

4 Likes

LOL I REMEMBER THAT

4 Likes

It really isnt, considering EMT-P leo already respond to medical calls with a whole operating room in their trunk… these things happen to us

4 Likes

To everyone saying this won’t happen, it literally did, we were there.

4 Likes

Most LEO cars are equipped with only a basic first aid kit, that is technically fail roleplay considering they do not carry a whole ass ambulance in the back of their trunk. Nonetheless, they’re certified to give first aid since they earned that certification.

Contact game moderators to settle that issue then, not say “they’re taking our jobs.” Simply stating that doesn’t get you anywhere as I have mentioned tons of times every year.

5 Likes

To add though, I def support if no SCFD are on, but only then.

5 Likes

It’s not a bad idea, as long as the extinguishers have scripts added to prevent LEO using them when we’re in game, and to prevent them from working on the structure fires(I believe extinguishers and hoses run on the same script)

4 Likes